Reply Mystery
True Crime?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:40 am
I'm not sure if this fits into "Mystery" or "Other Genres," so I'm sorry if I've misplaced this topic. sweatdrop

Is anyone here a fan of true crime novels? I got started on them in sixth grade with Helter Skelter (the Manson cult/crimes) and have been hooked ever since. I love Ann Rule in particular, even if she does come off as a little pretentious in her writing. One of the few true crime books that I absolutely couldn't stand--although, like all books I begin, I finished it--was Portrait of a Killer by Patricia Cornwell. I like her fictional mysteries, but now I can't even read those because Portrait made me so furious. In it she goes through the Jack the Ripper crimes and comes to a conclusion that basically says, "I, Patricia Cornwell, have solved theses murders! Even though I only spent a couple of years working on this book, and others have dedicated their lives to the subject, I am just that AWESOME!" GAH. scream

Anyway, true crime? Books to recommend? Ones you've loved, ones you've hated, your favorite TC authors?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:52 pm
This would be mystery, so I shall move it there.  

penandpaper67
Captain

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:12 am
Thanks. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:12 am
*posts*

Yeah, as I've told you before, Cai. I don't know any XDD

Recommend me some? D:  

irock708

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:42 am
Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi
The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule
Buried Dreams by Tim Cahill
Early Graves by Thomas Cooke

Just to start you off smile
Add it to your ever-growing Summer Reading List.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:28 pm
Mind giving me how long these are? And how small/big the font are on the text? So I can pick out which ones to get first. Because I'm going to be doing so much over the summer, I'll be more likely to finish the ones that have fewer pages, so... yeah.  

irock708

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:31 am
Shortest to longest:
Early Graves
The Stranger Beside Me
Buried Dreams
Helter Skelter

I don't know about the text. I would suppose it would vary with what copy you get.  
Mystery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games