Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Fashion Advice
How to dress emo. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kevin Sohma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:34 pm
Ok I'm sure there are a few of these here but I'd like to throw in my little spin on things. Now these are tips for you budding emos out there. These aren't definite so please you whiny little prats shut up and don't go off saying "Well you don't have to do that" or "Thats not true". I don't really care what you have to say in those terms. Lets continue.

Hair

There are many ways you can go with this. The most sure-fire way is to cut your hair to your chin and part the bangs over one eye. Get a little creative and spike the back while you're at it.

Make-up

Now this can really help. Black is a must for eyeliner. You can get edgy and use other colors. I suggest neon. Another must is eye shadow. For best results make it stand out. If possible avoid black. It'll just look like you fudged up your eyeliner. Stick with dark colors on this. Dark blue, purple and green would work wonders. For effect add upside down crosses at the coner of your eyes in eyeliner.
Guys please avoid black lipstick. That is more goth than anything.

Clothes.

Tighter the better. Again dark colors are your friends. Jeans are easy. Tight and blue go with about everything. Shirts keep skin tight. Random sayings, band t's, vintage stuff, or invader zim yields the best results. Skater shoes are good but depending on the bulk boots could work too. Also for that fun look make a small tear in a knee of your jeans.

Accesories

Studded belts are a given. The more the better. For more fun add a rainbow belt in there. Studded wristbands could work. Avoid excessive chains and spikes. Those are more "goth". Another must have is a collar. Trust me people find this smexy for some odd reason. Band wristbands will work to. Get an interestin necklace and wear it all the time. Trust me it works. Pins are your friends. Where a few of them like random quote ones or anime ones too. Also anything nightmare before Christmas will help.

Well heres the general overview to look emo. I encourage you to add in your own bits n pieces to make the style more your own. Like I said earlier please don't go whiny b***ch on this please. Let me kno your results.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:10 pm
i fail to see how "upside down crosses" is emo at all. it's more like a wannabe-goth or a failure-wannabe-satanist who doesn't understand satanism or st. paul.

i also fail to see how spiking the back of your hair is creative. i do it, but i can google search the hairstyle and get an explosion of results. it's not creative.

by the way, this isn't "whining", i'm TELLING you what's wrong

ffsghyanbh

SceneTeenRainbowRaver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:15 am
im not whining, but for all those other budding emos such as myself, you might want to add a scarf, not matter that weather. good characters to have with you are invader zim [as he said], fosters home for imaginary friends, any kind of cute little animal [especially something whinney the pooh] dinosaurs, race cars, and especially something with an environmental message.
for earrings, you might want either tons of them up and down you ear, or get those ginormous plugs.
bandanas are also a good idea. whether they are worn on your face, your neck, or jsut sticking out of you pocket, they will always add a better, extra effect.
suspenders are one of the most fun you can have with. you can wear how "the man" says you're supposed to wear them, or wear them hanging down cross-crossed.
for bottoms, as he said, the tighter the better. if you are think that might not look good on you, then extra super baggy. it amy be more goth, or even gangsta, but with the crrect accessories, you should be fine.
a vest is always a good choice for colder weather. it will keep you warm, and if matched with the correct accessories, is a perfect emo get away.
for the more-so artistic emo, instead of the hard-core emo, a beret is a beautiful way to express to artistry, but still get the message across that you are emo.

thats about alli can think that hasn't already been said. good luck!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 pm
SceneTeenRainbowRaver
im not whining, but for all those other budding emos such as myself, you might want to add a scarf, not matter that weather. good characters to have with you are invader zim [as he said], fosters home for imaginary friends, any kind of cute little animal [especially something whinney the pooh] dinosaurs, race cars, and especially something with an environmental message.
for earrings, you might want either tons of them up and down you ear, or get those ginormous plugs.
bandanas are also a good idea. whether they are worn on your face, your neck, or jsut sticking out of you pocket, they will always add a better, extra effect.
suspenders are one of the most fun you can have with. you can wear how "the man" says you're supposed to wear them, or wear them hanging down cross-crossed.
for bottoms, as he said, the tighter the better. if you are think that might not look good on you, then extra super baggy. it amy be more goth, or even gangsta, but with the crrect accessories, you should be fine.
a vest is always a good choice for colder weather. it will keep you warm, and if matched with the correct accessories, is a perfect emo get away.
for the more-so artistic emo, instead of the hard-core emo, a beret is a beautiful way to express to artistry, but still get the message across that you are emo.

Ok, ok I feel ya on most of it an thanx for pointing out somethings I forgot. ^_^ But Scarves are more "scene" ya know? But I'm not discouraging it cuz I don't want to start a huge debate on the diferences of Scene and Emo.  

Kevin Sohma

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:50 pm
Kevin Sohma
SceneTeenRainbowRaver

Ok, ok I feel ya on most of it an thanx for pointing out somethings I forgot. ^_^ But Scarves are more "scene" ya know? But I'm not discouraging it cuz I don't want to start a huge debate on the diferences of Scene and Emo.

Scarves are good for sticking the pins too, I have all my pins on my new scarf, I went shopping this morning but couldn't find a good studded belt or wristband >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:58 pm
i think that you could add stuff like hair can be either short like to your chin or like around at most to the bottom of your sholders. and for makeup try lots of moisturizer(sp?) On your face and wash it alot to keep it acne free. oh and try tight hoodies. i have a brownish camo one thats like almost a belly hoodie but its between like your chest and your waist so its like at the belly button :p and lip piercings are always good :]  

xXBulletKillBreXx

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:13 pm
Little clip-on bows that you find at Claire's or Hot Topic scream out emo. c: And so does bi-colored eyeliner. Pins and things of that sort go great on totes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:26 pm
hey does a hoodie have to be zip up or can it just be a regular hoodie  

LoveDeath_NAT

tears of doom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:33 pm
LoveDeath_NAT
hey does a hoodie have to be zip up or can it just be a regular hoodie

if the actualy hoody is like a band hoody or like stuff teh screams emo its fine adn zip ups (in my opion) are a better choice cause you can show off the shirt you have underneath and the accessiores(sp?) around your neck but again i am sayin its my own opion.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:35 pm
awesome stuff here. i had an idea for the "interesting necklace" that Kevin Sohma mentioned. it works for a guy or girl. just take a chain and put a lock and key on it. and i don't mean like a combination lock and your house key, i mean like the tiny lock and pair of keys that you get when you get a new set of luggage. and for a personal touch you can add a locket or charm of some sort with sentimental value. not necessarily emo, or maybe it is, but it looks kinda mysterious. and a lot of people think that mystery is an irresistible trait. wink  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Nymphetamine-x

7,050 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:11 pm
DIY clothes/accessories.
Also, you need a LOT more on hair.

Basically black with some neon color and is in your face or multiple colors.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx

Gracious Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:06 pm
Kevin Sohma
Avoid excessive chains and spikes. Those are more "goth".

Another must have is a collar.

You're saying NOT to go with something "Goth", but then to GO with something even MORE "Goth"? Wow. I'll just settle with: You're a dumbass.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:22 am
xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx
Kevin Sohma

You're saying NOT to go with something "Goth", but then to GO with something even MORE "Goth"? Wow. I'll just settle with: You're a dumbass.

also no black lipstick, but it's cool to do crosses under your eyes.
rolleyes  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx

Gracious Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:01 pm
Coffee Eyes
xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx
Kevin Sohma

also no black lipstick, but it's cool to do crosses under your eyes.
rolleyes

Yeah, seriously

Fashion Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas