Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Dreams (What's yours?)
Hazumu - 37 NM: Chase/Aliens/Lab

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:25 pm
Last night I had a horrible nightmare that has stuck with me all day long.

It started in a lab in some very remote location. There was only one way to leave the complex, I'm not sure why that was, although I had the feeling it was because it was underground.

There were multiple people there, technicians, scientists and for whatever reason children. I don't know what was being studied, because as soon as I knew it was a dream. Aliens and other odd creatures started attacking everyone. We all had to flee to the exit, but to do so we had to maze of corridors and rooms.
As we went on the rush for the exit, many people caught or eaten or in some cases turned into creatures. Now strangely enough I knew it was a dream like I said and I could change things inside the dream. However, no matter what I did to fix the odds and help someone, the dream changed to correct for my interference. In the end of the gruesome chase I was the only one alive. I couldn't save anyone. I felt so horrible, upset and useless it was miserble. About that time my alarm went off and I woke up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:33 am
Hmm. Dreams tend to reflect things that are going on in our lives at the time. If I had to guess, I'd say there's probably something going on in your life that you feel helpless to change, isn't there?

Usually, even if I find out I'm dreaming in a nightmare, I can't alter my environment. It's probably because most often as soon as I find out I'm dreaming in a nightmare, I die somehow (usually painfully...), so I don't usually have time to try. I do find it interesting that you knew you were dreaming, yet you still cared about the dream people. When I become lucid, I don't really think of the... "people" as people anymore. They sort of become tools. I use them however I have to to accomplish my goal. In a nightmare, that would usually be staying alive... although I might have tried to save as many as I could if I was in your situation. I can't really say unless I have a dream like that, you know? It would probably be a different outcome on any given day for a dream like that. Although... I gain unlimited power when I lucid dream... I can teleport people, and myself, create landscapes... make people simply disappear... anything. You name it, I can do it when I lucid dream. However... my brain has tried to counter me before... but because of my personality, and not liking to lose, I've been able to beat it. It sort of became a chess game between me and my subconscious.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:59 pm
I know its kind a dumb but I still cant help not wanting to see people hurt. Even if they are just dream people, especially children. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:41 am
Wow Hazumu - that has all the makings for a Stephen King Novel or Movie. Maybe your sub-conscious mind is trying to get you to cope with some things that have been bothering you. You could be experiencing some stress or about to experience stress. Stress can be both good and bad. I'm pretty sure I have a book around here on Dream Studies. Somewhere. I'll look and get back to you.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:44 pm
Thanks! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:02 pm
I've heard about how some people can realize that they're dreaming and change the dream, but I've never heard of the dream fighting back!
I frequently have dreams where I realize I'm dreaming, and consider trying to change it, but it never works...  

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:38 am
You've never had my subconscious. He fights back all the time. Oh, his favorite trick is making me dream inside dreams inside dreams. That and having me wake up from a dream, but not really be awake.

I used to test it by pinching myself... but then he decides to perfectly replicate how a pinch feels.

So, then I scratched myself. Surely the feeling of a hard scratch and the slow burning afterwards, coupled by the red marks from your fingernails on the skin of your arm is too complex to duplicate, right? Well.. that worked for a while... now it kind of doesn't...

I used to, during nightmares, become aware I was dreaming. However, back at that time, I couldn't f*** with my nightmares, yet. And, to make matters worse, it seemed like my subconscious got angry with me for becoming aware... very, very angry. If I became aware in a nightmare and incapable of waking myself up, I was going to die a painful death, after being chased around terrifyingly for another 5 or so minutes, depending how pissed my subconscious was for ruining his fun by becoming aware. And you bet it hurt. And then, sometimes it wasn't done, because I'd die... then wake up... but guess what! I wasn't really awake... so I'd die again, scantly 5 minutes after last dying. Oh, no... for 4 or 5 years, the nights of my life weren't avery fun place at all. He's settled down, now, though. Doesn't kill me very often... maybe... once a month, if that. So that's nice...

In any case! A lot of times whenever I do become fully lucid AND all powerful within a dream, the dream just ends... because my subconscious is still pulling the strings, and he doesn't want me all powerful... And I AM all-powerful if I'm lucid. However, people can kind of fight back. The only thing they can't fight back against is popping them into non-existence. Of course... they could probably pop back... but then I'd make their entire body explode, or eject them into the sun. They tend to be able to fight back against slow, deliberate things, like slowly, telekinetically moving them somewhere. But there are sometimes where I truly do become a god of my dream. Those are nice... but admittedly, they are kinda boring... I mean, there's only so much you can think up in a dream before you lose your lucidity or wake up.  
Dreams (What's yours?)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games