Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sqweebers

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:02 pm
Ever had a day(or days) were you just feel like you cant read anymore?
This tends to happen to me after reading non-stop for a day or so.

Ever happen to you?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Haha yes! Oh my god. Last summer, I spent DAYS reading books because we had no internet at home and I was stuck playing old games that I had already beaten countless times before or watching movies that I had memorized entire scenes from and... good God. As school started approaching, I just got so TIRED of reading. I borrowed five books from the library, and ended up not finishing three of them because I just didn't feel like it anymore. Haha.  

irock708

LastLeftStanding

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:03 pm

Actually, I am in that sate right now. Last week I was reading non stop and I just can't seem to pick up a book to get into it. It kinda stinks because I have like a stack of books to complete. Its driving me nuts-o!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:23 pm
Yeah, I was just stuck on a slightly boring trip and got my fair share of reading in. I'm kind of tired of it right now, but I've had a lot worse. Like after I read the whole Twilight series in six days (I could've done it sooner if I didn't have to go to get New Moon and Eclipse). That drained my reading will quite a bit.  

penandpaper67
Captain

Mishi Love

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:10 pm
I've recently gone from reading a new book every two to three days, to not being able to pick up a book.

:/

Hoping I can find something I want to read again soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:39 am
It's because right now I don't have anything better to do for 6 weeks that I don't really feel like reading. It's when I'm not aloud to read that I want to read the most.  

Tsuki_Hana_Chan

TheWindySea

Liberal Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:39 am
I know how it is. I've recently, for some ungodly reason, reread the entire Harry Potter series in a week. I have a stack of books sitting on my desk that I need to finish reading and I just can't bring myself to read them.

Rather frustrating and very annoying.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:35 pm
My reading goes in cylces, sometimes I read like there's no tomorrow and other times I hardly feel the need to crack open a book.

But even when I'm not reading much, I still read magazines or fanfics online.  

GeekyTanta

Angelic Loiterer

11,090 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Dressed Up 200

Out of Kansas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:23 am
I'm kinda like that now, but it's because all the books I want to read I don't own or can't get.

Abarat 3 is coming out this summer though so it won't be for to much longer hopefully.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:16 am
bleh I'm still in that state. I have two books that have to be back at the library in about a week, but every time I go to read them I get a headache or just can't focus on what's happening. It sucks because I really want to read both of the books I have too sweatdrop  

Sqweebers

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Aisha Illysulis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Generally, I feel somewhat like that after finishing a really long book and just want to take a break before starting a new one and think about what I have just read.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:10 pm
Ahh, yes. I went through an extremely long one a couple of weeks ago. I was so focused on my violin practice I couldn't think of any thing else. x_x  

Collote
Crew

Islua

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:50 am
I've gone through this, sometimes with just certain books, like ones that look really long and I've started them, but I just can't bring myself to finish them. Like now, I've just recently finished a 700 pg book and I can't really concentrate on reading more than a few pages in any other book.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:17 pm
Yes, but it's not quite that I feel like not reading, it's more that I get almost physically sick I read so much. Not so much recently, because no library access until I get back home. But I hate it when that happens, it usually puts me off books for a while. Funny how that never happens with the computer... I think it's all the bad books that clog up my mind, I used to always finish a book no matter how bad, but now that I don't it's becoming harder to find any thing other then manga that I can read all the way through or want to get the next book.  

Wendy Day

Distrustful Detective

6,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200

StrawberryFlavoredDisease

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:04 pm
i don't know what's wrong with me... all that's clear is that i can't read, i can't write, i can't even really talk anymore. i hope it's just because i am tired...  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff