Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Possibly In Honor Of The Completion Of Piano Man: A Rantish.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:13 pm
Listen. Stop! No. Enough of the damn 'shadowed orbs' already. No, listen. I'll tell you a story. Sort of.

So. "How could you have known?" says a theoretical conman to some half-real mobster from his extremely uncomfortable, if illusory, seat.

"Saw it in your eyes," the perhaps mobster replies, who makes his trade in blood and deceptions. Saw it in your eyes, no: saw it in your smile; saw it in the sweat slick on the side of your brow; didn't see anything but yellowed whites and faded blues when I gave you that piercing stare that only pierced 'cos of the set of my jaw, he thinks, or rather claims to think, for the purpose of this paltry parable.

No one ever sees anything but an eyeball when they try to fathom the depths of a soul through the proverbial window; concentric circles, black on grey on white, beautiful in its way but not transcendent or translucent. Opaque, really; a barrier between world and mind made imperfect only by the pin-point hole that is the darkest part, anyway. Whoever heard of seeing a character's tragic past in their pupils?

All right? So give bloody grieved Clarissa's shadowed orbs a bloody break.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:51 am
Whuh?
Cool, but huh?  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:37 am
XD Quite.
Actually this is a reply to a writing prompt: "I see it in your eyes."
Hence, er, incoherency? Yeah.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:57 am