3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Well... I 'unno... [Other] :/
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 30

PhysicWater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:50 pm
Since Pokémon Mystery Dungeon [2] came out I've been having a serious Pokémon fever, not to mention PKMN Ranch made it worse. So I've been doing something thinking...

I've been thinking about something... why hasn't the Pokémon Company made realistic battling yet? I know PBR is something a little new, but the not feed I'm looking for. I know I'm not the only person here that's wondered how neat that would be to battle in reality, without using real creatures. All electricity, and holograms.

So I've had this idea that answers [nearly] all the questions how to get that to work.

Starting with interaction:
Using voice command. Instead of looking like a 'tard out in the open [while people watch] and shouting commands. Why not have a tiny microphone attached to your ear? [Like the Hanna-Montana deal. surprised ] That way, you can say what you want to say without having to expose your techniques and combos.

Hardware:
1 Pokéball
1 Ear-Mic
1 CPU [not necessarily a computer]

Pokeball:
Alright so you have the pokéball, and you throw it, and no matter the angle you throw it, it will eventually sit upright. Like a weeble-wobble. Inside this pokéball is an unfoldable holographic processor [I might be over doing human technology here] that processes the holograms. These holograms include incoming attacks, outgoing attacks, and the Pokémon. The pokeball and CPU should be able to judge the distance of your opponents pokéball, so that the incoming and outgoing attacks are timed precisely. [And sound effects too.!] The only bad thing is that this pokéball can't return to your hand after you throw it. After the match you gotta go pick it up [at the point in picking up the ball; should you shake hands with your opponent or whatever.]

Ear-mic:
Consists of the entire menu of battling [besides items]. Since it should be voice compatable, you should hear some type of programmed voice that tells you everything that has happened on the field. Such as "Pikachu used Thunder." "..." "Attack missed." Then you hear "Please choose an Option" [or w/e] And that includes "Switch" "Forfeit" "Fight". To activate the ear-mic, just press and hold the a button on it and say your command, then release.

If "Fight" You should hear "Select a move." Then you say it. And since computers aren't perfect, you will have to confirm that you chose that attack with your voice." [Cause the last you thing you're want is to say "Thunder bolt" and Pikachu does "Thunder" instead. Or w/e.] I also think this safety feature should be toggled on and off, the choice is yours. It'll make battles go faster too. If you forgot your set moves, just say "List" and the voice will tell you the moves your Pokémon has. To cancel and go back to the menu, just say "Cancel"

If "Switch" you should hear "Select a Pokémon" If forgot which Pokémon you have with you, just say "List". This chatting feature can also be set to nicknamed Pokémon, so you don't have to say the actual Pokémon's name, so that your opponent, doesn't know. After that, if you want to know the status of your Pokémon, just say "Summary" and here's the part where you have listen carefully. And the voice will tell you everything you need to know: HP left, condition, etc... Then confirm your switch if desired.

If "Forfeit" then you'll have to confirm it twice. To make sure that you don't forfeit on accident. Like: Forfeit---> "No" -computer messes up- "Are you forfeiting?" ---> "No" -computer messes up again- "Are you sure you want to forfeit?" ---> "No" -computer finally gets your message and returns to the main menu-

CPU:
To give hardware functionality, this is the main piece of hardware that is receives and sends output. [Note: Everything is Wireless!]

Power Supply:
When you hear "Battery Low" then you need to hurry up with your battle.
The source is solar energy, batteries, and charging battery. Solar Energy first, so that your battle can last as long as you want it. Charged Battery in case it's cloudy outside. [I 'unno if you'll be able to battle in the rain, but that would pretty cool if the CPU could detect rain and change the battle effects, or heat [for Sunny Day], or whatever....] Replaceable batteries as the last alternative if it's not sunny, and the charged battery is dead.
Who's ever battery dies first... loses the battle.
[Note: Your opponent should get a message saying that your batteries have died.]

Getting Pokémon into Functionality:
Via from the latest Pokémon game, such as your DS or w/e. It should be a copy, like PBR. Not an actual transfer of Pokémon. This should all be done at home and it'll give you a good time to setup custom voice commands.

'Kay Culties, I'm through. Debate? Possible? Impossible? Overdoing? Post post.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:57 pm
That actually sounds like a pretty good idea indeed. But if they were to make something like that it would probally be like in the distant future but maybe not too far away since Nintendo is already taking Virtual Reality.

Great thinking dude cool  

0Toon-Link0

Princess_Kat747

Fashionable Rabbit

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:07 pm
I'd buy it if u could like copy pokemon you have from your diamond,pearl, ect to the hardware...Its a good idea now how do we get it to work...hmmm  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:19 pm
Fenix747
I'd buy it if u could like copy pokemon you have from your diamond,pearl, ect to the hardware...Its a good idea now how do we get it to work...hmmm

Well first, all you need is just a bunch of scientists and programmers and it'll work. Oh and, finding a way to make holograms. smile  

PhysicWater

melikefood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:31 pm
At the very least they should make Pokémon Arcade Machines where you can put in your DS Cards and battle on a big screen. In 3D. It would be like Battle Revolution except in public and not crappy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:50 pm
That would be ******** awesome. It would be better with real Pokemon, though. xD  

Orphie

Ace the Ronin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:52 pm
It sounds like a Pokemon version of the Duel disk from Yu-Gi-Oh, I have been thinking along a similar line my self, but I am not sure that we have the necesary tech in existance yet. Sound in theory, still shaky in life.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:54 pm
I could see how that would work, but to be honest I can't think of how far it could go. Most of the Pokemon games are traveling and exploring, I just think it might have a small shelf life.

I wish they would make a Pokemon MMO. That would be great.  

Ennokni

Dracofiremage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:48 pm
That doesnt sound too far fetched at all. You could even have a special poke ball shaped attatchment for your computer to download information. Couldn't you also have a screen across a pair of glasses attatched to your mike to make it a little more visual?
Then with modern microprocessing as long as the poke ball contains a lot of padding, it should be fine.
Also, you can join communities and go out to tournaments, just like they send the kids out in the show  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:08 pm
Uhh... Don't get me wrong, cause the idea sounds awsome, but you might be overdoing it. sweatdrop I'd be happy just to see detailed 3D pokemon that actually hit each other instead of having punches magically fly across the screen. Or a real-time pokemon battle instead of turn-based; just mix it up a bit. But holograms... might be too much. Just think of the cost to buy that, man! THE COST!!!  

Deathmask97

ToXiKdInOsAuR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:26 pm
That sounds pretty cool but the technology it would take to make that a reality would be really expensive... crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:39 pm
lolz like my brother said all scientists are working on is better hair regrowing stuff xD  

Princess_Kat747

Fashionable Rabbit

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100

PhysicWater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:48 pm
Deathmask97
Uhh... Don't get me wrong, cause the idea sounds awsome, but you might be overdoing it. sweatdrop I'd be happy just to see detailed 3D pokemon that actually hit each other instead of having punches magically fly across the screen. Or a real-time pokemon battle instead of turn-based; just mix it up a bit. But holograms... might be too much. Just think of the cost to buy that, man! THE COST!!!

Oh crap. That's something I didn't think about. crying Cruuud...
Well, melikefood had a good idea with making a public performance and all, but... the thing is. Pokémon likes to hang in New York, and that's not someplace I live [Har har]. So even if they did, I would be happy if they made one or two battle arenas in California, Seattle, Texas, Florida, New York, and Wisconsin.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:48 pm
It would be epic.  

Diglidi-Dude

Deathmask97

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:36 pm
PhysicWater
Deathmask97

Oh crap. That's something I didn't think about. crying Cruuud...
Well, melikefood had a good idea with making a public performance and all, but... the thing is. Pokémon likes to hang in New York, and that's not someplace I live [Har har]. So even if they did, I would be happy if they made one or two battle arenas in California, Seattle, Texas, Florida, New York, and Wisconsin.

They might in California, but good luck with the rest. rofl Dang! I wish I lived in California again...  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff