Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sidhes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:50 am
Hey, I was wondering... does anybody know whether they're planing to do a second film? Because, well, if you've seen the film you know how it ends. Does that mean we'll have a sequel?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:00 pm
Based on the rating the film got I would be reletively surprised if any film companies would make a sequal.  

Super Radical

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:09 pm
I don't know. I saw some terribly rated (and indeed, terrible) films and sequels were made of them. But DA didn't write a script for a RATEOTU movie (or did he? I don't think so...) so they either would have to stay very very close to the radio show or book or completely ruin it (because it's only ok if DA himself radically changes the plot, in my opinion. And even then, some of the plot changes in the movie made me go 'nnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyuuuuuuurrrrrrrggggggghhhhh' and 'What about Fenchurch!?'). And the end of the movie really does point at a sequel, doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:31 pm
Yes! We need to learn if and how Zaphod ever stops being reliant on Ford grabbing him and squeezing lemons on his head if he's to be prevented from lolling around like a person with half a brain. Which he is. *thinks* THEY LOBOTOMIZED ZAPHOD! Perhaps when Zaphod's horrible second head gets put back, it'll be less violent due to being all alone and humiliated and disembodied for days and will be nicer, and at some point Arthur and Trillian will be separated and she and Zaphod will get back together because he'll be a bit less unpleasant. And then Arthur will be available and he and Fenchurch can make the expression "I don't give a flying ********" lose some of its meaning as "I don't care." [/killer runon]  

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

phantasmic kacaphony

Cosmic Camper

14,125 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:51 pm
God I sure as hell hope not. It wouldn't be anything like Hitchhiker's, not in the least. I mean, Adams has to write the script, and if not, I won't watch it. Well, I probably will, but I doubt I'll like it. A HHGG script *has* to be written by Adams, dammit! It wouldn't make any sense otherwise!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:22 pm
Raelwyn
God I sure as hell hope not. It wouldn't be anything like Hitchhiker's, not in the least. I mean, Adams has to write the script, and if not, I won't watch it. Well, I probably will, but I doubt I'll like it. A HHGG script *has* to be written by Adams, dammit! It wouldn't make any sense otherwise!
Well, it's not like it ever made sense in the first place xd

But, yeah, you're right. They'd probably Hollywood-ify it more than they did the first one. But I'd still see it on the day it comes out and bring a towel because I'm that kind of person and it'd be the only excuse I'd have to go out... damn lack of a social life.  

wingnut the improbable

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:10 pm
I watched the movie with audio commentary today. From the way they were talking it sounds like they're definatly planning on a sequel.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:36 pm
I remember reading somewhere that Adams wrote notes of what he wanted to see in the second movie. 3nodding  

Tawaubast

mcm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:51 pm
if they based it enough on adams stuff, it might work out ok. I wouldn't mind more from it, I kind of liked the movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:43 am
It would be cool, as long as they were loyal to the books. If they started messing around with the plot and characters and things it would suck.

..and bad ratings do not mean a sequel won't get made. From what I can tell, the worse the rating is the more likely the sequel will be.  

Lupe_Oceana

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:28 pm
SiyannaTwilight
I remember reading somewhere that Adams wrote notes of what he wanted to see in the second movie. 3nodding
Well, if so, then they should. Adams would probably want them to.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:40 pm
I think that ... SLAP!!! stupid stressed stupid stressed stupid stressed  

Shifter19

Tawaubast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:32 pm
ripley19
I think that ... SLAP!!! stupid stressed stupid stressed stupid stressed

rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:57 pm
Gyakuten no Megami
SiyannaTwilight
Well, if so, then they should. Adams would probably want them to.
Very true.

phantasmic kacaphony

Cosmic Camper

14,125 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

cavous_inc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:41 am
wingnut the improbable
Raelwyn
Well, it's not like it ever made sense in the first place xd

But, yeah, you're right. They'd probably Hollywood-ify it more than they did the first one. But I'd still see it on the day it comes out and bring a towel because I'm that kind of person and it'd be the only excuse I'd have to go out... damn lack of a social life.
his dead, but he still did his part on the first one!!!  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games