Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
human existence Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you agree?
  yes
  no
  i don't wanna read all that -.-
  poll whore
View Results

IgnoreThis34w56

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:18 pm
This is an entry from my journal that i figured would be nice to talk about... i wrote it when i was 13 so if it sounds kinda dumb or badly written... well there you go...

I'm also not sure if this should be in rants or serious discussion... if its in the wrong place I'm sorry

why are we here... and i don't just mean you and me but the entire human race... whats are purpose. how are we suppose to fulfill that purpose if we don't know what it is... well what if we are already fulfilling that purpose but we just don't know it. lets look at what we are doing shall we.
we are polluting the o zone and closing global warming, cutting down forests and killing animals, dumping trash all over the place and letting it all eventually end up in the lakes and oceans so that we pollute are water. gee I'm starting to think that we humans are destroying the earth...and that's just what we are doing. now what if god or the devil or whoever you believe in decided that the world they made is not as great as they hoped and they wanted to try again but they realized that until this world is destroyed they cant rebuild it. so they made a simple solution...the human. they made a being that i believe was best described by Mr. smith from the matrix... a creature like a virus... one that wold find an area move in and kill all in the area but them. then they reproduce and make more. after a wile there are so many they have to spread out and kill more things to make room for themselves. then when they have gotten to everything they have no clean water to drink and no other things to feed on and they die out to. hence wiping the hard drive. after that the person/power that made this world can try again and if the new one is not perfect then he makes more humans to start the process all over again.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:19 pm
In a way I am forced to agree. Simply because humanity, in its quest for ultimate dominion over nature, attempts to alter the very nature of existence, which cannot be altered. In doing so they corrupt the very essense of essense, and destroy that which they sought to tame, or they corrupt it into some abomination of its true nature, and make it something far more evil than had it simply been destroyed. Therefore, humanity does a very good job of corruping and destroying planets, so it would make sense that they would be created as the ultimate biological weapon, meant to destroy on a planetary scale.  

I lost my notebook

LordStripeyTail

Quotable Smoker

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:29 pm
To put it simply: In my opinion, there is no point to the human race. We're just another race like all others. Every little insignificant thing that we each do, is just that. Insignificant. There is no point...Sorry to be so blunt, but really I don't think there is a point. Every "substantial" thing that someone does isn't as important as people think. Like, if a news crew suddenly interrupted your viewing of Scrubs on TV with some news bulletin about how a scientist just cured cancer, it wouldn't matter as much as it would seem. I mean, they'd get an award and be all famous but really...All they did was extend human existance on this earth. And for what? So we could cling to our existence for a tad longer? Trying to find out our purpose? No...Friends, I propose to you that there IS NO REASON. We're all simply trying to survive for as long as we can...And I say, we should live in the now. Make the best of what we have, while we have it.

EDIT: Ooohh....I liked that. I'm gonna save this to my Faveorite Convos File. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:42 am
First off if all the garbage ended up in an ocean (besides killing Marine life) would have no other adverse effect on the human race as we don't drink from the ocean, its salinated....Second if your individual existence was meant to progress the meaning of the human race you would have been shown or told this. Personally the meaning of my life isn't to make anything better, or change a big problem....its to live my life to the fullest of my ability. Of course I like to help other people, give other people things, make things for people....but in all honesty it wouldn't change them or make anything better. The meaning of Life is exactly that, to live. No hidden meanings.....I am not here to make a lasting image, I am here to make myself happy (and by association other people) and enjoy my existence.

As for Humans in general are stupid, only the ones that are smart will prevail (and usually control). Humans would be so much better off if we didn't prevent natural selection >.> (you know what I mean....)  

coveredinmangoo

IgnoreThis34w56

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:10 pm
Late_Ichigo
To put it simply: In my opinion, there is no point to the human race. We're just another race like all others. Every little insignificant thing that we each do, is just that. Insignificant. There is no point...Sorry to be so blunt, but really I don't think there is a point. Every "substantial" thing that someone does isn't as important as people think. Like, if a news crew suddenly interrupted your viewing of Scrubs on TV with some news bulletin about how a scientist just cured cancer, it wouldn't matter as much as it would seem. I mean, they'd get an award and be all famous but really...All they did was extend human existance on this earth. And for what? So we could cling to our existence for a tad longer? Trying to find out our purpose? No...Friends, I propose to you that there IS NO REASON. We're all simply trying to survive for as long as we can...And I say, we should live in the now. Make the best of what we have, while we have it.

EDIT: Ooohh....I liked that. I'm gonna save this to my Faveorite Convos File. xp
i sort of agree with that as well... eventually the world will be destroyed and nothing we do to help the human race will matter because we will be dead anyway so curing cancer or something is really insignificant in the big picture... but i believe we were made as god or whoever eraser so he can wipe the slate clean. i think we where put here to destroy the world so god/whoever can make a better one but yes i also agree that everything we do besides that does not matter one bit.

i do agree with you though, might as well have fun in the mean time right?
and I'm also not saying that its good we are destroying the world, far from it! i hate what we are doing but i doubt people will stop, we are to dependent on factory's and fossil fuels and paper and everything now we wont be able to stop using them and fix everything.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:18 pm
(-The_doom_of_monkeys-)
First off if all the garbage ended up in an ocean (besides killing Marine life) would have no other adverse effect on the human race as we don't drink from the ocean, its salinated....Second if your individual existence was meant to progress the meaning of the human race you would have been shown or told this. Personally the meaning of my life isn't to make anything better, or change a big problem....its to live my life to the fullest of my ability. Of course I like to help other people, give other people things, make things for people....but in all honesty it wouldn't change them or make anything better. The meaning of Life is exactly that, to live. No hidden meanings.....I am not here to make a lasting image, I am here to make myself happy (and by association other people) and enjoy my existence.

As for Humans in general are stupid, only the ones that are smart will prevail (and usually control). Humans would be so much better off if we didn't prevent natural selection >.> (you know what I mean....)
you are right garbage in the sea would do nothing but kill Marine life but that's still bad right??

i know its not my place to tell people the meaning of there existence I'm simply just sharing my opinion.

yes i agree I'm just going to live my life to the fullest, extent possible.
what else can i do?

oh and no comment about natural selection... i don't want to get into that.  

IgnoreThis34w56

Snapplejack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:54 pm
I personally don't believe there is global warming. There have been several ice ages over the millions of years and I believe that this is just a period in between those ice ages. Therefor, the temperature IS rising, but it is going to hit it's peak, then begin it's slow decent back to ice age. I mean, seriously, just 40 years ago people were worrying that there was gonna be another ice age! No worries, we are going to come up with another crisis soon. As for the rest of it, I can understand deforrestation being a problem, but the fact of the matter is; we need trees! You can't just make a house out of brick. If we did only use brick, then there would be a problem with mining. The only problem that we can truly solve is the pollution problem. Even then, we have to put it somewhere. We can't incenerate or mulch all of it. Also, we don't have the technology to make everything we need and use to be biodigradable(although scientists are working on it). Even if we did have everything biodegradable, how good would that be if your plumbing was biodegradable? You would have to replace your pipes every week! In other words, to save the world humans would have to either be; wiped out or make a miracle discovery so that humans no longer have to consume so much.
You have just recieved the two-bits of a well read 14 year old.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:27 pm
Snapplejack2004
I personally don't believe there is global warming. There have been several ice ages over the millions of years and I believe that this is just a period in between those ice ages. Therefor, the temperature IS rising, but it is going to hit it's peak, then begin it's slow decent back to ice age. I mean, seriously, just 40 years ago people were worrying that there was gonna be another ice age! No worries, we are going to come up with another crisis soon.
Sweet Jesus, some who actually knows this s**t. I thought I was going to have to bring this up again. There is no way you're 14, know how to type, and understand these facts. It's just not NATURAL. gonk

As for the rest of this stuff, no, people aren't here to destroy the planet. Right now, if we did everything in our power...TRIED to end everything...we would have a negligable impact. Oh, we would all die, as would a large number of other organisms...but in 500 years, everything we did would be gone or burried, which is nothing as far as the planet is concerned. Life goes on, other things would evolve, and it would start all over again.

If we were meant to destroy the planet, we're doing a pretty poor job.  

Tiga

LordStripeyTail

Quotable Smoker

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:24 pm
Tiga

If we were meant to destroy the planet, we're doing a pretty poor job.

Well if you think about it, we wouldn't know that our purpose is to destroy the earth. So in the sense that we're clueless of our reason of living, we're all doing a prety GOOD job because if we actually KNEW that we were meant to destroy earth, we would've done it ages ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:23 am
A virus human maybe, but are trying to corret there mistakes for what they have done to this planet and that i think put them above virus. But i think human's will expand past earth in a VERY short time.......30 years maybe we might have mines on the moon but that besides the point.
Quote:

I personally don't believe there is global warming. There have been several ice ages over the millions of years and I believe that this is just a period in between those ice ages. Therefor, the temperature IS rising, but it is going to hit it's peak, then begin it's slow decent back to ice age. I mean, seriously, just 40 years ago people were worrying that there was gonna be another ice age! No worries, we are going to come up with another crisis soon.

This i can't agree with thow. Yes there have been ice ages in the past but in last 45 million years do to North amerca(sp) being connected to south amerca(sp). Once they break apart there won't be anymore ice ages. And if CO2 keeps build they way it does it won't matter any more the earth WILL be to warm for there to be ice year round at the polar caps.  

Dresden Darke

Snapplejack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:50 pm
Dresden Darke
A virus human maybe, but are trying to corret there mistakes for what they have done to this planet and that i think put them above virus. But i think human's will expand past earth in a VERY short time.......30 years maybe we might have mines on the moon but that besides the point.
Quote:

This i can't agree with thow. Yes there have been ice ages in the past but in last 45 million years do to North amerca(sp) being connected to south amerca(sp). Once they break apart there won't be anymore ice ages. And if CO2 keeps build they way it does it won't matter any more the earth WILL be to warm for there to be ice year round at the polar caps.

I don't see what the continents being conected or not has to do with it (sorry for my ignorance), but I am pretty sure that the reason we have such drastic temperature changes is because Earth's poles change. Meaning, that at one point, our compasses pointed south... well, actually last time they would have pointed south, they weren't invented. They will eventually point south again. Now I am not positive that the poles have ANYTHING to do with it. I am trying to scrape up last years lesson in magnetism. ^ ^". I understand the Carbon Dioxide "problem". But is that seriously causing the increase in temperature? Wouldn't the co2 be compensating for the massive holes in the ozone? Making it kinda like -1 degree due to the ozone and +1 for the co2. Back where we started, in other words. There is no way for us to prove it. It is completely plausible, but I doubt it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:12 pm
Snapplejack2004
Dresden Darke
Quote:

I don't see what the continents being conected or not has to do with it (sorry for my ignorance), but I am pretty sure that the reason we have such drastic temperature changes is because Earth's poles change. Meaning, that at one point, our compasses pointed south... well, actually last time they would have pointed south, they weren't invented. They will eventually point south again. Now I am not positive that the poles have ANYTHING to do with it. I am trying to scrape up last years lesson in magnetism. ^ ^". I understand the Carbon Dioxide "problem". But is that seriously causing the increase in temperature? Wouldn't the co2 be compensating for the massive holes in the ozone? Making it kinda like -1 degree due to the ozone and +1 for the co2. Back where we started, in other words. There is no way for us to prove it. It is completely plausible, but I doubt it.

Ozone also know as o3 is a Radtion blocker not a tempure insulter. With the ozone more radtion get's the atmo. And as far as i know magnetism has nothing to do with the climent.(Sp)  

Dresden Darke

Hodari

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:33 pm
CO2 emissions are at the highest both in the sea and in the air. Scientists know this by testing ice in the North Pole glaciers. The ice shows CO2 levels that are in the water at the time period that it froze. The CO2 in our oceans and the more recent layers of glacier freeze show that we have the highest amounts. CO2 in the air has spiked considerabley in the last 20 years and is continuing to rise. CO2 acts as an insulator for the earth and water tempuratures causing the earth to continue its raise in heat. Though there are no facts that prove or disprove whether this will be an ice age or not, it does not say that we are not causing global warming. The amounts of CO2 are unnaturally high due to humans due to cutting down miles of vegetation which draws CO2 out of the air and due to burning products to produce energy.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:28 am
The human being may or may not have a purpose. This fact is close to irrelevant to our existence. The facts that do matter is that human beings are vile, generally sick and twisted, will never truly have peace, and all human beings are capable of things none of us can even fathom unless we are in that specific situation. We may be the cause of global warming, we may be the cause of pollution... But does it really matter in the end? Philosophizing and pondering this wont change whats going to happen in full reality. Even if we were going to change our ways, people can only change so much. We could talk about how much of a difference we could all make if we "just try", but there will always be racism. There will always be insanity. There will always be murder. There will always be thefts. And so knowing all of this... We ask ourselves what is there to change? What is there to make us good? The answer to that question is to simply protect those who need protection, love those who need to be loved, and live the best we know how to. Were never going to fix the general populations ******** ups. So just try to fix your own, and we all have them. This has been another message from 125.5 Unknown Radio, release your mind.  

Cloaked Vulpes

The_Gadfly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:57 pm
( i havn't read all of the posts, sorry if someone said this)

I think this is why people ever created religion. It gives you a purpose to live, to keep going. I can't find salvation in such a way, i've already convinced myself that it's quite absurd and there's no way i could convert. Making life a test to enter heaven is something that might give someone reason to keep going.

The 'humans destroying the earth' thing is quite true, but that is partly because of our rapidly increasing population (almost at 7 billion!), so we need resources to expand. Another problem is that the belief that god will fix our problems if they get bad enough. That may have been the attitude of the Bush Administration. My grandpa is a very, very republican/religious man and i've heard him say that nearly word for word. But just like a lot of things, we will just wait until this problem gets really REALLY bad, and then start to really invest in solving the problem.

I'm facing this 'purpose' problem in the past couple of months, and i think there is no one single purpose. I think you need to create one for yourself. Your purpose could be a goal you want to achieve or something like that. I feel like i'm having my mid-life crisis at thirteen gonk  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff