Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
New Sock Yarn Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Random poll: Favorite colorway?
  Seven Dwarves
  Frog Prince
  Evil Stepmother
  Wicked Witch
  Damsel
  Lost Boys
  Gingerbread House
  Looking Glass
  Woodsman
  Pixie Dust
View Results

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:37 am
Gonna cross-post this alot, but KnitPicks has a new enablingline coming out in SeptemberTOMORROW!:

Imagination

Edit to change release date sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:14 pm
Ohhhhhh a machine washable sock yarn. heart heart heart

Its so hard to choose a favorite color... i'm tied between wicked witch, evil stepmother, damsel, looking glass, gingerbread house, and pixie dust. ><

I'm excited.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:59 am
Gasp, KnitPicks non-striping sock yarn?

If I didn't need more yarn like I need another hole in my head, I'd be all over that Lost Boys colorway. heart

(That's not to say it might not fall into my cart if I'm making KnitPicks order and I need a little something extra to push my cart over the $50 free shipping mark. wink )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:39 pm
Ooh, I guess I need to make room I my stash! I am totally loving the Pixie Dust!  

SunnieSkyes

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:38 am
DecemberFlower

If I didn't need more yarn like I need another hole in my head, I'd be all over that Lost Boys colorway. heart

(That's not to say it might not fall into my cart if I'm making KnitPicks order and I need a little something extra to push my cart over the $50 free shipping mark. wink )

whee Funny how that works.

I'm a little wary of it though, I had some Essential and hated it so I'm not 100% sure I want to try another of their sock yarns.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 pm
Frog prince, pixie dust, and looking glass are my top three. Were I ever to knit a sock, I'd seriously consider getting these. I love working with alpaca fibre. It's so cozy, and it's not itchy like wool tends to be.

I'd still like to see what it looks like after it's been through the wash a few times, though.  

Supertheory

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:21 am
Well, that settles it. I'll just have to get some as soon as my yarn diet is up. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:10 am
Ohmagosh, serious yarn lust going on here right now....

I don't actually knit socks (I'm continually planning on starting to, but never quite get around to finding a pattern I like) but I use sock yarns when I'm making fairisle mittens, and wow are those pretty... Imagination is totally the perfect name for the colorways, they're so... vibrantly sweet? Anyway, I'm in love/lust with looking glass and frog prince right now. heart Thanks for the heads up!  

Blue-eyes-green

Knit Happens

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:47 pm
Oooh, that Looking Glass is calling my name. Even though I don't know how to knit socks! I also like the Damsel and Pixie Dust, but not as much.

I also want Pixie Dust, Evil Stepmother, Damsel, and Seven Dwarves. heart Too bad I'll have to wait until 9/5/2008 for Seven Dwarves!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:47 am
relly? cool..i mite just try it smile heart  

ellayaxP

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:36 pm
Pirate Dirge
DecemberFlower

whee Funny how that works.

I'm a little wary of it though, I had some Essential and hated it so I'm not 100% sure I want to try another of their sock yarns.

I was pretty happy with the Gloss I used to make some Endpaper Mitts a few months ago. It wasn't as nice as I expected, but for the money, it was decent yarn. And paired with the Regia Silk that I used, the Mitts came out nice and soft.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:14 am
I'm not sure if it's good or bad that they don't ship to europe... I like all the purple-ish colourways and Lost boys.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

beetroot-fallout

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:54 am
Oooo! So pretty. Torn between Frog Prince, Looking Glass and Gingerbread House. Gives me sock lust! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:50 am
AriRashkae
Well, that settles it. I'll just have to get some as soon as my yarn diet is up. mrgreen

Thanks again for posting this! I love your gaming mushroom throw pattern on Ravelry! heart  

Knit Happens

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 am
Fair warning: colors seem to be way off from how they're represented on the website. I ordered Pixie dust which looks blue, cream, and brown on the site. It's blue, pale pink, minty green, cream, and brown. confused Now I have to figure out what to do with it as it is totally not my color preference.

It feels really soft though...just not sure what I'll use it for. I'm not a pastel person at all. sweatdrop

If I were to try another colorway, I'd buy a colorcard for this first. I never have such color accuracy problems except with KP.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff