Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Biohazard Slot Machine Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RoninFox

4,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:00 pm
An amusement company called Yamasa has teamed up with Capcom to produce a Biohazard (Resident Evil)-themed slot machine. Here's the website and trailer:

http://www1.yamasa.co.jp/gcb/

I can't believe Capcom went to the trouble of producing a full CG trailer to plug a slot machine. blaugh I suppose they figured they should create a lot of hype to advertise it, since they invested in it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:32 pm
Wait... So... To ADVERTISE for a slot machine, they put in all that effort? But to make cinematics in Umbrella Chronicles, they use half assed Low Poly models?
No... Capcom aren't stupid at all. rolleyes  

Biohazard EXTREME

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:40 pm
Best point ever made. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:44 pm
That....

hurts my brain.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:46 pm
...Want candy? it's filled with the G-virus..... ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:13 pm
Of course, what I'm thinking is, Capcom's marketing department paid an Animation company to make that commercial. Which Capcom's done in the past, for things such as the opening intro to Onimusha 3. Apparently made by a company called ROBOT, which I can't find anything about. Although it's possible that ROBOT is a child company owned by Capcom.

And as you'll see in Onimusha 2, where they have plenty of those gorgeous, high quality cinematics, whereas in Onimusha 3, they had the intro, and I think a couple more, the rest of the pre-rendered cinematics were done with low poly models.

In Onimusha 4, it was even worse. So, obviously, Capcom is cheaping out on providing good quality cinematics in their games. Which just proves that Capcom has no intention in pleasing their fans.

Umbrella Chronicles is another example. Just because you pre-render low poly cinematics, doesn't make them "high quality".  

Biohazard EXTREME

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:17 pm
hurts my brain but i know what your saying. does that mean that Capcom's going to go back to their playstation 1 graphics eventually? or will they stay as low quality as they can?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:22 pm
well, with RE5, they won't have to worry about low quality graphics. But I'm saying that if REmake was to be released only now, that means that the graphics in the intro would be no better than they are in the game itself. Like they were in Remake as we know it.

Essentially, if we lived in the PS1 days, the cinematics in... Say, RE3, would look more like the cinematics in Survivor, than the high quality cinematics of RE3.

It's sad that Capcom is putting more effort into advertising for a product than they do in the product itself.  

Biohazard EXTREME

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:24 pm
so Capcom should be an advertising company! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:25 pm
Capcom's advertising division probably cares more about their products than their developers do  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:28 pm
Well, it's simple logic. The commercials look good, people assume that the games look the same, more people buy the games. The only thing they really care about is making a profit off of the game, so as long as people buy it it doesn't really matter if the game looks shitty.

Not saying that it's right.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:31 pm
ah i see. so Capcom's getting lazier on their graphic designs?  

UmbraGallus

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:33 pm
Not lazier, just cheaper. Their Developer division, anyway.

Capcom is just another example of how a media over-popularized becomes bastardized and turns cookie cutter.

It happened with the movie industry. It happened with the music industry. And now, it's happening with the game industry.

EDIT: Well, lazy vs. cheap depends... I'm not sure if the high quality cinematics of RE games like the intro of Remake, were created by Capcom's Developers, or by another company. If it's case 1, then yes, lazier. If it's case 2, then cheaper.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:54 pm
so Capcom is cheap or lazy with the graphic design and they're getting lazy or cheap with gameplay?  

UmbraGallus

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:19 pm
Well, as much as I dislike RE4's gameplay, it has been put more effort into.
We'll see though, because if the creatures in RE5 are something new entirely, yet they act exactly like Ganados, then yes, that is very lazy.
Of course, when talking about their other games... I'm no expert with Devil May Cry, but as far as I could tell, DMC4 felt just like the first one.

I don't wanna say Lazy, Capcom is just becoming that game making machine, which spits out games without putting any heart into them at all.

Like I said, it's like the movie industry with its generic films, I mean, no offense to anyone, but let's face it, every Adam Sandler comedy is the same, every Ben Stiller comedy is the same, every Will Ferrel comedy is the same.

Same with music, if you watch the typical Top 20 countdowns, how many Punk Rock bands sound idential? How many pop divas sound the same? Or rappers, or boy bands.

The line between mainstream and underground gaming is becoming more and more defined.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff