Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Relax

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

McSchudgels!
  Hoo-Wah!
  I find this poll to be quite humerous and in excellent taste.
  My head really does hurt...
View Results

lidless_i

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:08 pm
My head hurts again. It always seems to these days.

“If all of human action is motivated by either emotion or instinct, why do you fight them both so ferociously?” The voice and its unceasing questions. All I want is to be left to my thoughts.

“I don’t know, I don’t know,” My voice was barely a whisper in the darkened room, but it sounded far too loud.

“Just relax, friend, everything would be so easy if you would just relax. Go with the flow.” The voice was right. If I just let go, everything would be so much easier. I would never really have to think hard about anything again, and chances are that I would sail through life, outdoing all of my peers. People that had to try so hard at everything they did. “So, why are you making it so hard on yourself?” The voice interrupted my thoughts. The voice always listens to what I think.

“I don’t know.” I whispered again. A tear rolled down my cheek, and the sickening, rubber-band-stretched-too-far headache got a bit worse.

“You do know, though. You have always known. You couldn’t stop knowing if you tried.”

“Please, just leave me alone.” I begged the silence.

“You are alone.” I knew this to be true. “Besides, I just want to help. You’re the one causing all the pain.” Like a frightened rabbit strangling itself in a snare, I thought.

“Exactly.”

I thought about how a rabbit couldn’t get out of a snare by itself.

“Which is why I’m here.”

“You said I was alone.”

“Oh, yes. So very alone. And you always will be. Even in a crowd of your closest friends, you will be alone.”

“Melodramatic much?” The sarcasm sounded strange as a whisper.

“You’re mine, child. You’re mine, and that makes you different from the rest of the swine on this rock. I have big plans for you. Plans of such grand scope, you could ill conceive of them. And all I need you to do is relax. Stop fighting.”

I did; just a little. The voice seemed pleased.

“Yes, easy isn’t it? No need to worry, no need to hurt yourself any longer. Just a bit further.”

I sighed quietly, closed my eyes, and relaxed.

Such a stupid story... I just sat down and wrote it without thinking much... so yeah...
Anyway, I know it switches tense in there at some point... Meh.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:11 am
The voice sounds like what I imagine Satan does.  

Serenity Reed
Crew

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:57 pm
:/ Satan talks to people? Damnnn. I feel left out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:34 pm
It's an interesting story. Other than the change in tense, which you already mentioned, there was nothing wrong with it  

KelpMonger

Friendly Friend

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces