Reply Realistic Fiction
William Faulkner's books

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WickedSong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:46 am
I can't believe I want to make a thread for this, but I am curious if other people read his works and what they think of them. So far, I've only read As I Lay Dying. It was for my AP literature class, and my teacher had to explain every chapter, practically every sentence so everyone could understand it. I'm going to try reading The Sound and the Fury. So, what do you all think of his books? How do they compare? Are all of his books difficult to understand, full of symbolism and tour de force?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:11 pm
What does this guy write? I think I've heard of As I Lay Dying. But what's that one about?  

irock708

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:56 am
I haven't read any of his books, but I was in this skit where my character was "reading" The Sound and the Fury. Sorry, this just reminded me of that... I've wanted to read some of his stuff since then, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:04 am
irock708
What does this guy write? I think I've heard of As I Lay Dying. But what's that one about?

It's about a family. The mother dies after about three chapters, and it's about their journey taking her to a different city to bury her. The characters, though, are the weirdest characters I've heard of. Even though the book is rather thin, nearly every character is complex, full of changes, emotions, and surprises. They all narrate at some point, and Faulkner's way of writing changes with each one, so you can look at a sentance and tell who's narrating. However, it's a difficult book to understand.  

WickedSong

Realistic Fiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff