Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Contests & Quests
UPDATED ESSAY - Ends July 25th! - ENdED

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are u gonna do this one?
yes
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
no
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:56 pm
Criteria

-Minimum of 2000 words.

-For the most part, your essay should be grammatically correct. For example, "OMG, ur, i lyke" are not acceptable unless it is actually part of your memory.

-Entry must be submitted by July 22nd 11:59 EST

Topic:Best Summer Experience

DUE BY JULY 25th
Since noone is entering
and 500 words
cause it is kinda hard to type
but then again i have no life and never really did anything during the summer  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:05 am
I've got several-paged papers due every week until August for the two accelerated college summer courses I'm taking, so I've got enough essays to write. sweatdrop Maybe I'll do the short essay if I've got time, but definitely not this one. Sorry, I really am, but - like I said - I've got enough writing to do.  

Minerva the Whore 4 Books

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:21 pm
it's okay hun  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:23 am
-One of my best summer experiences was summer of 2005. I worked for a horse training stable, boarded my horse there and was training him, and also volunteered at Exceptional Equestrians, a therapeutic riding center.
-That summer I learned how much fun I could work in 100* heat with horses (I am being sarcastic with that info). But I enjoyed life. I enjoyed the rain, to help wash away dirt, to cool me and the horses down. The downside of rain thou, is mud. The baby that I turned out took off and flew mud at me. Some got in my hair, face shirt and pants, and of course my boots/pants were already covered with mud because I’m such a graceful walker like that.
-One of my fondest and most hateful memories was when Willy, my gelding, saw me coming to bring him in, with my mom along with me. He Knew I was going to ride him. SO… what did he do? He went to a mud puddle, laid down in and rolled. I don’t know if you have ever seen a horse roll before, but think of a dog, rolling in the back yard, just enjoying it and making sure he gets his back really, really good. Well, that is what Willy did. He rolled and rolled and rolled, for about 5 minutes. He then got up, came right up to the gate and let me put his halter on with out trying anything, thinking, “hay I’m muddy, she is not gonna work me today!”, well, he was wrong.
- I lunged, long lead (line) connected to the halter and person holds it, makes them go in a circle around you, him. I made him trot, canter, and walk, along with standing still while I curry brushed some of the mud off him and his tail and mane. I also played a game with him, walking around, then randomly stopping, (it makes the horse pay more attention to you than other things) a few times. I did that for at least a good hour, after I wore him down. He never again ran over to the mud puddle while I was near him, nor got that muddy ever again.
- While I volunteered, I learned that money wasn’t everything, helping people out is worth spending gas money. I still like to volunteer at the Therapeutic Riding place. They make you appreciate life of how you have it now. Because, anyone of them could have been placed in your family or could have happened to you.
- That summer, I realized I would always have to have horses in my life somehow or another. Cleaning the stalls is a great stress reliever for me, along with just riding the horses. Leading the horse for others is great exercise for my self along with the rider, doing their own exercises. I hope to always be around horses no matter what happens in my life here on earth.  

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Contests & Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers