Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Dangerous Practises Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:38 am
We've all heard the warnings - "Don't mess around with the Goetia!", "Use Ouija Boards with caution!", "Don't invoke what you can't banish!" and so on. Often when these warnings are challenged, we rarely get concrete descriptions of what could happen, and very occasionally do we get specific (anecdotal or otherwise) accounts of the misfortune of people who didn't heed the warnings.

So, my query is: what are the worst experience you've had with different magickal practises? Have you experienced frightening phenonema? How much danger are we really in when we dabble in the more nefarious side of the occult? Do you have any stories to back up all the hazard-signs we're thrown when we talk about "black magick"? Share your stories, opinions, articles, and so on.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:46 pm
There are people who say don't mess with such things.. but how am I too believe the things they say are real without messing around?

So yea I would like to hear some bad experiences people have had.. or good.

I haven't had anything too bad happen to me, and some good, but all basically not anything that was really a big deal..

Most of the really strange experiences I've had are just things that happened without me doing anything.

So do I experiment until I mess up? lol..  

Kajunk

Enzai Sebby3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:05 pm
I can only recall ever messing up once lol but then again im a wiccan so bad magic isnt my thing.

It was when i was visiting our local graveyard talking to the spirits there.Sometimes i come to see how theyre doing and tell them about how ive been.(I'm a medium so its good practise).Try it, but careful u dont get caught xD

Afterwards i started hearing voices at night when i was going to bed.The language was really muffled and was hard to understand.(btw i go to bed after everone else lol).
This lasted for about 3 days then i finally went back and told them not to contact me at my house but only when i come to visit.Then the voices stopped.
Ok it wasnt a BIG mess up but still x3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:47 am
Pah, The ouji Board thing is an old wive's tale in my oppinion. I've used ouji a couple times and nothing has followed me or haunted me, none of my friends have been possesed. Course in my way ouji isnt spirit powered it's energy powered like a pendulum in other beliefs. That may have something to do with it.  

Chinko-chan

Wealthy Tycoon

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Guidopicho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:05 am
I didn't experience this in myself, but had to help in cleaning the mess.

A woman whom I know once went to certain archeological site. When she was there, she 'felt' like it was such a nice place and that there surely would be some powerful 'spiritual' energies from the time of the ancient civilization there, so she 'tuned' herself to that in hopes or gaining some sort of revelation or whatnot. The problem is -as is often overlooked in these things- that the energies present there came not from the god-priests of ancient times, but from the human sacrifices to the corrupted blood-craving gods of the latter days of that culture. When she came back from her trip she didn't feel good anymore, and she began having these terrible nightmares. She also had some issues with her heart, which got her really scared. When she told us about it we helped her to get rid of several astral parasites that had decided to use her body as their new home, plus severing the connetion she had established unconsciously with the old human sacrifice cult. So yeah, it was bad.

Halowynn Quinn, I think you are right. If you use the quija board just as you would the pendulum, then there is nothing to worry about. Problem is, most people use it as they've seen in the movies: trying to ask 'someone' --usually they think of a ghost or think it will be the Devil himself, for what they've been told-- and that does carry a risk of actually contacting someone out there who has just been waiting for such an opportunity. I've seen it happen, and it usually carries trouble (though not in the showy manner you would expect from Hollywood).

The bottom line? Better don't go messing around with dead people, and don't open up yourself to everything you feel, because you don't really know for sure what's on the other side.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:19 am
PS: Does anyone remember the curse of the great pyramid in Egypt? It said anyone who broke into it would find a horrible death. Well, of the more than 20 people who helped break the seal to the King's Chamber and get the treasures out of there, only Howard Carter lived more than a year afterwards. Everyone else, including Carter's patron, Lord Carnarvon, died of a mysterious illness few weeks or months afterwards, or they were killed in accidents or murdered within that short timeframe.  

Guidopicho

Alba Lux

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:22 am
Guidopicho
PS: Does anyone remember the curse of the great pyramid in Egypt? It said anyone who broke into it would find a horrible death. Well, of the more than 20 people who helped break the seal to the King's Chamber and get the treasures out of there, only Howard Carter lived more than a year afterwards. Everyone else, including Carter's patron, Lord Carnarvon, died of a mysterious illness few weeks or months afterwards, or they were killed in accidents or murdered within that short timeframe.

Thank you for the exemple on that woman. On the pyramids... on the other hand... I've also heard something about some sort of ancient virus inside the pyramids, although I also remember that it doesn't explain all the deaths... I guess that ancient egyptian priests knew well how to curse...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:42 am

Bad can happen, but, I think it can have to do with how you go about things, where you are and who is present. Most of my ouija experiences have be pleasant enough. I've only had bad happen in one of our first houses. Not sure what happened. Know that after using it there, a couple of angry spirits showed up and hung around for awhile. My gran and my great granddad came as protective spirits for me or it might have gotten alot worse.

My daughter and some of her friends got into some darker magic for awhile. It cause some very scary times around the house. They eventually cleaned up there act. I had to cleanse the house and my daughter. She's very open to spirits and must be careful what she draws. It was not good there for awhile.

Point is, be careful. Try to understand what you are doing and what the possible outcomes may be. Be prepared for bad as well as good. Have protections in place. Even then, they may not be strong enough or the proper one for the problem.

M0IRA

Viscerim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:46 am
I tried to modify a ritual from Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible. It was intended for wrath on someone who had wronged me. Well, I'm not sure if it just didn't get delivered, or if it didn't dispell itself once it was done, but I unleashed something into my basement. A friend witnessed it with me. (This was when I was a bit younger).

I was sleeping on my floor, while I let him have the bed. The bed was nowhere near the incident, so he didn't screw with me. We were half asleep and a plastic bag started rustling next to me. I was startled, and he woke up too, but I said, "I must have rolled over on it while I was sleeping." No sooner had our heads touched the pillows than the couch start sliding around the basement floor! I had performed my ritual RIGHT behind the couch. Since then, the basement has held a terrible feeling in it for me. I won't go back down there if I can avoid it.

(and by the way, we did end up running upstairs like cowards) stare  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:59 am
My sister's friend once brought over her Ouija board. My friend (let's call her Jen) and I used it with them to try to talk with any spirits in the house. Of course, I had only just learned about the Ouija board from watching some show called "Girly Ghosthunters." Nothing bad had happened to them, and I didn't know about the dangers.
We talked to a woman, we talked to a man, we might've talked with another - it was a few years ago, and this was the not-very-interesting part of my first paranormal encounter. When we were done talking to the spirits, Jen and I went and sat down on the chairs in the corner of our living room (where we had been talking to the spirits). My sister and her friend sat on the couch across the room, leaving the Ouija board in the middle of the floor.
Out of nowhere, we could smell something sweet. Jen thought it smelled like perfume, but I recognized it as sweet-grass, a plant I knew the Native Americans burned in rituals. The four of us rushed over to the Ouija board to see if someone had just entered the room.
A Native American spirit, who had been killed by European settlers when they first came over to North America, had entered. I don't remember if he told us his name, only that he hated the white race and wanted us dead. Obviously we pleaded for our lives, but at midnight he would return to kill us all.
Creepy. My sister's friend had to go home and bring her Ouija board with her. My sister got scared and went to stay the night at my grandmother's house, leaving Jen and I home all alone (My parent's had been out all day and woulnd't be back until the next day). I got out my book on "Gods, Goddesses, and Monsters," flipping to the Native American section, reading up on some of the gods. We both prayed to whatever gods we could think of who could offer us protection. We grabbed all the dreamcatchers in the house (I like dreamcatchers, and my sister had just made a few, so we had enough to surround the living room). We were kinda desperate. I don't know about you, but I'm a scardy-cat and I like my life.
At midnight, we sat on sleeping bags on the floor with one candle lit and a nightlight beside us. We asked the spirit to show himself if he was there by blowing out the candle. The candle flickered, but didn't go out. We waited a while, and at different times felt like there were hands presed against our throats, but we managed to get to sleep and wake up without incident.
Ever since then, I've wondered if it was our imagination - shaky fingers on the board could make it feel like something was tugging when nothing really was. And if it wasn't imagination, did the dreamcatchers in a circle around us protect us? Did our prayers to the gods do anything for us? I have no idea.
I'm sorry this was so long. But it's hard for me to tell a short version of a story because everything seems important to me, and I hate leaving anyone felling confused about whatever I said.

Mistreena

Loagaeth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:16 am
I would say the scariest thing that has ever happened to me was not exactly due to a ritual I did, but moreso the kind of spirits I have talked to and dealt with.

Avlafran, who I have talked about a little bit (and also created a thread about which I have never finished sweatdrop ), has made it apparent over time that he is not the shiny bright white angel of every Christian's dreams. He has never been anything but good to me, but some of the entities he seems to deal with are not the nicest crowd. At the risk of it taking all day to explain, I'm not going to get into all the details, but after some choices I made and rituals I did, I started having nightmares (that felt suspiciously real) about a spirit coming out of my mirror that is in my room and trying to kill me, possess me, do otherwise not nice things to me... you get the picture. Making a long story short, that mirror is now in the storage room covered in a black sheet. sweatdrop

So, now I have a fear/attraction to mirrors. I am totally frightened of them, yet I am drawn to them. It's very odd.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:44 am
As far as I know, if someone wants to contact spirits or other kind of entities, should be a very developed person, in order to be able to recognize who s/he is dealing with. Many entities appear in disguise, but they're not what they appear.  

Alba Lux

Baltazaar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:49 pm
in my humble oppinion, fear is just a way of accepting them as your superiors.
Take christians for example. I firmly believe that every christian who has done sins goes to hell. But, and there is the entire point, since I just grin over christianity, and have never succumbed to their fearmongering tactics, I will most likely go to a nice place of my choosing.

Same here with "dangerous practices". basically, if you show a tiger fear, the tiger hzas won. If you show an ouij-board anykind of fear that you will summon something dangerous, you will.
But if you simply watch it as what it is, without fear of how it is going to turn out, My firm belief is that you can even use an ouij-board for channel changing, and collect cursed statuettes in your undies.

But hey, your life, and your security.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 pm
Dangerous?? i have yet to see anything posted on these occult forums that would be considered even mildly dangerous, not even the Goetia. But most of the people on these forums are independent practitioners without any formal instruction, who are cutting and pasting bits and pieces together. So most of their practices are nothing more that an esoteric practice in search of enlightenment , the only danger that could possible occur is a delusion of grandeur.

But then there is the question can anything really horrible happen, just because there is no evidence that anything bad has happened, but rather that perhaps the person who the bad things has happened to is so messed up they can share their tale?? ooooh spooky.  

Animeharpy

Zukal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:59 pm
I did have an experience that could have been bad. Ended up finding a ritual to summon Astaroth (in this ritual noted as a higher prince of hell). He ended up coming though it hadn't been at the right time and i had nothing to give to him when he came (supposed to have an offering). He's known to either grant you incredible knowledge whether it be occult or otherwise or drive you totally insane. Seems it worked out for me in the end. Then again. I've always sided with the left hand path when it comes to magical practices. I'm not a satanist. I just love black magic.

-Z  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games