Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Home Away

Back to Guilds

Our guild is a quirky and sometimes incoherent critique and discussion group for writers looking to get some feedback on their work. 

Tags: writing, critique, discussion, literate, authors 

Reply something peaceful.
What are your other talents? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cupcakes?
  yes please
View Results

QueenElizabeth3
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:40 am
In your spare time (when you aren't writing stories) what do you enjoy doing?
Are you a closet poet? An undercover cupcake baker? A super secret spy? le gasp! eek

Tell us all about your secret talents....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:42 am
muah ha ha. i believe i am becoming quite infamous for my long posts. ninja

I've loved the arts and performing my whole life!!! I started dancing as soon as I learned to walk.
I would sing, before I could talk full sentences.
When I did learn to talk, I used "bookspeak," meaning that because I read so much I talked like " 'Of course I wants to go to the store,' she exclaimed excitedly." icon_xp.gif
I used to play dress-up with my sister and actually make her outfits like a fashion designer (I did a lot of pinning and draping, Mommy wouldn't let me sew....)

I dream of attending FIDM, the fashion college here in LA (or the one in San Francisco or Paris!), NYU (on a dance scholarship in New York) or Parsons School of Design (where they film Project Runway; also in New York) when I "grow up."
I'm constantly designing new outfits and all my friends and family have named me their "personal shopper."
This summer I'm working on deisgning/creating my whole entire wardrobe for next year. From scratch. Every piece. (I'm a busy girl!) icon_biggrin.gif

I also plan on being on Broadway and am training as a dancer, actress, singer, and songwriter. (As well as fashion/costume designer as mentioned above)

I train in all areas of dance but mainly ballet and jazz. I perform with an amazing company known worldwide as Pacific Festival Ballet. icon_heart.gif
I love: my pointe shoes, pirouettes, making up my own choreography, the cute costumes, performing on stage, etc. ^__^

My style of singing/songwriting isn't MTV techno-pop/rap/alternative, but more along the lines of Sara Barielles or Alison Sudol (A Fine Frenzy). I like my singing to tell a story.
One with substance, a message, some meaning/relation to real life.
I've been told I have great range and I have a pitch-perfect ear.
I did a little experiment:
I tried to hear a song only three times and then play/sing it back perfectly.
I could sing it easily but playing along was trickier....I think it took at least six tries for that! icon_xp.gif
I've taught myself to play cello, violin, and guitar and am working on piano.

I love acting. I love being different characters on stage, any time I'm on stage...I'm in heaven.
I do Broadway camps every summer and I've done commercials and stuff as well...
I don't think I'd want to be on TV forever though...Broadway's more my thing.

I am a writer. (well, duh! that's what this guild is all about!!)
Everywhere I go I carry a notebook.
Poetry.
Stories.
Novels.
Screenplays. (like my mom)
Plays.
You name it, I have a notebook for it.
I just love creating my own stories...my own worlds!
I love getting lost in a god book and having the words come to life on a page.
I dream of being on the #1 New York Times Bestseller list and being recognized world wide for my novels, poems, lyrics, plays, and movies.

I really enjoy cooking/baking too! Cupcakes are my favorite, as is anything else sweet! My parents are health nuts though, so my treats/food is pretty healthy. It still tastes delicious though!!

I'm also really into artwork. For Christmas, I always ask for a lot of art supplies. I work a lot with:
clay/sculpture
paints
charcoal pencils
pastels
watercolors
acrylics
etc.
I make textiles (fabric) for my fashions, jewelry, sculptures, paintings. ETC!

I also have Photoshop (soon to be CS3) and a tablet.
So I love drawing on the computer as well.
I do a lot of chibis and character design.
Maybe one day I'l have my characters alongside Hello Kitty or something!
Visit my shoppe? ---& click

QueenElizabeth3
Crew

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:29 am
wow. you are such a talented person, queenie! xDD -is envious-
Okay, let's see...
I cook, but as someone in this guild knows -cough cough- I sometimes get extremely lazy and do stupid things like freezing a mixture of flour and milk and tasting it... >< so that isn't really a talent. but whatever. o:

since your talking about early childhood, i shall too. xD
as a baby, i was afraid of people looking at me if i didn't know them. o___- yeah, so... that has nothing to do with this, but still. this does: when i was about two years old, i would try out new words that i'd heard in different sentences to try to figure out what they meant. this led to many words being out of context, as you can imagine. but oh well, at least i was trying, right? c;

i write poetry and short stories. but mostly lots and lots of poetry. i hope to one day be up there with the people i really admire- Billy Collins, Ray Bradbury, J.D. Salinger- those guys. [though Salinger wrote an american classic. i doubt i'll ever be that good. c; ] but my short stories are usually about one or two pages long when i type them, but i get my point across, at least. c:

here's a real talent: soccer! :]]] bragging time! xD i played soccer when i was like six and then stopped, but this year my PE class played a game and i discovered that its the one sport i'm good at. o: so i have foot-eye coordination, but no hand-eye. none at all. ;o;

anyhoo, i used to play the viola, but it was so incredibly boring that i stopped, at which point i picked up clarinet, which i've been playing for four years now. i taught myself how to play the piano, and right now i'm in the middle of composing a song. and its pretty spiffeh, if i do say so myself. xD

oh, and i'll start playing bass clarinet next year. <3

i recently discovered that i can... kind of draw. :] like... yesterday. well, no, that's not really true. once in a while, i draw something that's really good, and i tried drawing chibis for the first time yesterday and... I LIKED THEM. WHOA! c;

so yeah. that's that. o:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:24 pm
Well Hammi originally started acting to help get over his fear of people. 0__0
But he liked it. So he continues. Yes. I can do a hand stand! o:
Hammi also loves to RP.
Hammi is EXCELLENT with proboards. He can do just about anything.
Hammi is good with computers.
Hammi is not a good artist
Hammi is Hammi.
Hammi will eat your soup.
Hammi says things that he means and doesn't mean all at the same time (try to figure that one out. ;D)
Hammi is a professional MD drinker.  

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:27 pm
question: what is a proboard? o__o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:28 pm
question answered. :]  

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

QueenElizabeth3
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:44 pm
Wow. You are all very talented!

Panda: I'm jealous of the soccer thing. I was never good at soccer. I got a most improved award, even though I was still one of the worst players in my class. It was kinda mean, it was like you still suck but not as much as before. xp haha!

Hammie: It's my soup! Get away!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:46 pm
QueenElizabeth3
Wow. You are all very talented!

Panda: I'm jealous of the soccer thing. I was never good at soccer. I got a most improved award, even though I was still one of the worst players in my class. It was kinda mean, it was like you still suck but not as much as before. xp haha!

Hammie: It's my soup! Get away!!!!!

o: You made me member. I play tennis as well.

Nice!I do like tennis, I'm not thatbad actually,considering I've never had a lesson. But some of my friends play so I've participated in a game or two. WHACK!  

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

JamesRaith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:16 am
I do a lot of web design on the side. I wouldn't say I'm spectacular at it -- not a web guru like some people I know -- but I'm not too bad at it.

I like hiking and geocaching. Do that a lot, when I have the chance.

I used to be fairly good at drawing, but I haven't practiced in years. I keep meaning to get back into the swing of it, but I always end up writing instead.

I'm a decent photographer, too. I love black and white portraits.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:20 am
Oh yeah. I love photography as well, though I'm extremely amateur. c;

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:53 am
JamesRaith
I do a lot of web design on the side. I wouldn't say I'm spectacular at it -- not a web guru like some people I know -- but I'm not too bad at it.

I used to be fairly good at drawing, but I haven't practiced in years. I keep meaning to get back into the swing of it, but I always end up writing instead.

Hiking is okay. I've had to hike up to ten miles, which wasn't fun, but I'll hike every now and zen. That and it seems to me the only thing I'm good at drawing is Pacman.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:00 am
HammiBee
JamesRaith

Hiking is okay. I've had to hike up to ten miles, which wasn't fun, but I'll hike every now and zen. That and it seems to me the only thing I'm good at drawing is Pacman.....

Heh. I love long hikes. It's a good opportunity to brainstorm for my stories. smile  

JamesRaith

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:20 am
Maybe I should try hiking sometime. 0:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:25 am
I love hiking! The mountains by my house smell so good! Like herbs and wildflowers and it' so quiet and pretty and peaceful!

QueenElizabeth3
Crew

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:30 am
Sounds absolutely lovely. n____n
I'll go hiking sometime this summer, I think. o:

something peaceful.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash