Caemlyn Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:09 pm
Caemlyn is the capital city of Andor. There are three distinct parts of Caemlyn: the Inner City, the New City, and Low Caemlyn. The Inner City lies on the highest hills of the city and is surrounded by a wall of gleaming white stone streaked with silver. The main gate to the Inner City is the Origan Gate. Many of the buildings here were build by Ogier, including the Royal Palace, which is surrounded by many beautiful thin white toweres capped by golden domes. The roads in the Inner City follow the curves of the hills and all lead to the Royal Palace. Dotten among the building in this part of the city are beautiful parks with monuments. The Inner City is designed to look good from any angle, especially when seen from above.

The New City encircles the Inner City and is bordered by a fifty feet high, gray stone wall, which has many white towers along its length. Gates into the New City are flanked by even taller white towers. It was built long after the Inner City, it is less than two thousand years old, and has no Ogier stonework as the Ogier had returned to their stedding when it was built. Most of the building have red-tiled roofs. Wide boulevards thread through the New City towards the Inner City and are divided into two by a row of trees and grass.

Low Caemlyn lies outside of the city's walls; the building here are made of gray stone, red brick and have white-plastered walls and are, more often than not, three or four stories tall. This part is a sprawling mass of houses, inns and warehouses.

The Queen's Guard keeps the peace in Caemlyn and most areas of Andor. The guards wear red undercoats and cloaks and gleaming white collars and cuffs. They are commanded by the Captain-General, Birgitte.

Ever since Tarmon Gai'don, Caemlyn has been full to bursting with refugees of the Last Battle. People lost from all over the nations seek protection in the city.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:06 pm
Kiae looked up suspiciously, and unconciously wished Andurael was next to her. She had begun to depend greatly on him since leaving the White Tower in her search, and strange men made her jumpy.
"Yes?" she replied, in her best Aes Sedai voice. Something about him jarred her memory, but she didn't dwell on her past - it was too painful to waste time on.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:12 pm
"This man could use a healing." He said absently, staring at the woman intently. "Something is familiar about her," he thought again. "I had to teach him a bit of manners, and I'm afraid I-" He stopped suddenly, eyes widening, gasping sharply.
"Kiae" he said simply, flopping down in the nearest chair. "That was easy," he muttered to himself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:16 pm
Her heart stopped in her chest when she realized who he was, but if the White Tower had taught her anything, it was hiding her emotions to perfection. Kiae merely raised an eyebrow at him curiously, and turned her attention to the drunkard.
"Andurael, this is the last time I let you out of my sight," she mentally promised her Warder. Healing the man was easy enough, and she sat back another moment later.
"Cobain?" she asked, her voice carefully empty.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:20 pm
"Yeah." He said, nodding with a wide grin. He didn't bother trying to keep his elation off his face, or the smile out of his eyes- one of those rarely used happy smiles.
"You remembered," He said simply, still grinning.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:33 pm
Esole's meditation was cut short as she felt a woman channeling somewhere in the inn. Normally something such as that wouldn't bother her, but there hadn't been many Aes Sedai around this part of Caemlyn of late. Her warder, Ethin, cast her a quizzical look. An unspoken question painted across his face.

Esole sighed as she uncrossed her legs and stood up, smoothing her skirts. "No Ethin. If it is one of the New Order, you wouldn't be able to stop her." Esole could feel Ethin's frustration through the bond she had with him and knew that it wasn't at her, but at the fact that he knew that she was right and he couldn't fully protect her. She smiled reassuredly at him and left the room to go down to the common room.

As soon as she walked down the last step, she found the source of the channeling. From her appearance, the woman seemed to be a Yellow. Cold disapproval rolled over her. Esole took the seat nearest the stairs and watched her fellow Aes Sedai and the two men with her.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:35 pm
"Oh, I remember," she said, her voice far too icy to be comforting. Her eyes narrowed, and she resisted the urge to channel. "Did you have fun after you left?" she asked coolly. "Sevran said to say hello, by the way. I left your daughter with him."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:40 pm
((Let the fun begin rofl ))

"Er- no, but... " he sputtered, his expression going from gleeful to shocked to defensive. "Sevran... a daughter?" He asked, his face brightening.
"I, um, left a note..." he said lamely, his face falling as he remembered his current predicament.  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:42 pm
(Like always. I can feel Inky laughing...?)

Kiae watched with a calm delight as she saw the light dawn - she was no longer a girl, but a woman with a power that could kill him if she so chose. And she was sorely tempted at the moment.
"Oh, yes," she agreed pleasently. "A very short, nice note. Thanks for that - I realized I wasn't losing much when you left because of that. I always thought Sevran was the irresponsible one," she added in disgust.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:47 pm
He sighed, looking away from her eyes. He knew her words carried the truth, but they stung nonetheless. "Kiae, I had to do it." He said sadly. "You knew the promise I made, and I couldn't take you along- you could've gotten killed."  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:50 pm
(Oh you bet I am.)

Since she was embracing the One Power, Esole could her the other Aes Sedai's conversation. She giggled behind her hand in spite of herself. Most men had sense enough not to anger Aes Sedai. But from what Esole could see, this man not only managed to do that at some point, but left her with child.
At that moment, Esole realized she truly did have an odd sense of humor.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:52 pm
(Yeah! We provide amusement once more!)

Kiae's eyes flickered, and her gaze fell on the Green, letting the other Aes Sedai know she was not going unsensed.
"And now you could be killed. You should go before my Warder arrives," she continued, pointedly reminding Cobain that he was once going to be her Warder.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:57 pm
(( *bows with a flourish*))

"Your... Warder?" He asked softly, not even noticing the other woman. "Kiae, I can't leave you now that I've found you- it's been ten years!" He exclaimed. He cast about for a way to make Kiae understand, most unsucessfully.  
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff