Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
PendulumuludneP Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:14 pm
So, picked up a pendulum last weekend; aventurine with mica flecks in it. It's been pretty talkative so far, but I wonder what there is to do with it aside from simple yes/no questions.

Anybody have some pointers?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:08 pm
You can also use it for finding things lol even your car keys. mrgreen  

Enzai Sebby3

Alba Lux

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:07 pm
You can also use it to measure up the amount and polarity of the energy of an object, of a part of your body or a place.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:53 pm
Alba Lux
You can also use it to measure up the amount and polarity of the energy of an object, of a part of your body or a place.
How would I go about doing that?  

8Bit Jack

Chinko-chan

Wealthy Tycoon

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:43 am
If you want more specific answers use an alphabet board. Kinda like a ouji board.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:50 am
8Bit Jack
Alba Lux
How would I go about doing that?

Just place the pendulum, very still, over an object and wait until it starts to move. If it moves slowly, in small circles, your object is not highly energized. If it moves fast in huge circles, the object or place is highly energized.

The direction of the pendulum (left or right) will indicate the polarity of the energy.

If you use it to measure up a book, for exemple, you can also find out if the contents are high quality or pure crap. It will depend on how you ask the question; for your answer you'll have to consider how fast or strong the pendulum moves.

Alba Lux

Tethys of Titans

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:45 am
Halowynn Quinn
If you want more specific answers use an alphabet board. Kinda like a ouji board.

Oh yes, I've tried that. But I'm not sure of a good format for the board. So far I've just been putting the letters in a semi-circle.

Any reccomendations on where to put the letters?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:31 pm
personal i use a pedulum for map dowsing can't tell you how many times my roommates lost something and i have had to find it XD  

Alistair_Faust

Qaisar Domino

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:31 am

ᏕᎻᎬ ᎪᎵᎵᎬᎪᏒᎬᎠ ᎾᏌᎢ ᎾF NᎾᎢᎻINᏀ, ᎪNᎠ ᏕᎵᎾᏦᎬ IN Ꭺ ᏞᎾᏌᎠ ᏨᏞᎬᎪᎡ ᏤᎾIᏟᎬ:

I have a pendulum too, and I haven't known what to use it for in a while, but this thread has been very helpful^^
Thanks!

ᎪNᎠ ᎠIᏕᎪᎵᎵᎬᎪᎡᎬᎠ IN Ꭺ BᏞᏌᎬ ᏟᏞᎾᏌᎠ ᎾF ᏕᎷᎾᏦᎬ.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:02 pm
You know, I have a pendulum that I made from a quartz crystal amulet and an anklet, that served me faithfully for years. But then last summer, I won this new, very stylish crystal pendulum in a raffle, and I have never used it. I feel like if I did, my old pendulum would feel abandoned! I have a weird way of personifying things in my mind, though, but I can't help but feel like my pendulum has a personality. Has anyone else felt like that?  

Magus Initi

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:57 pm
Magus Young
You know, I have a pendulum that I made from a quartz crystal amulet and an anklet, that served me faithfully for years. But then last summer, I won this new, very stylish crystal pendulum in a raffle, and I have never used it. I feel like if I did, my old pendulum would feel abandoned! I have a weird way of personifying things in my mind, though, but I can't help but feel like my pendulum has a personality. Has anyone else felt like that?

First of all, congratulations on the raffle.

Second, I feel that way with a lot of my things. Specifically with crystals. Infact, that's why I usually tell my crystals how much I like them and how well they are doing so that I don't anger them and they stop working for me like a few of my old stones. sweatdrop But after I apologized and cleansed the stone, everything was alright again.

Call me crazy, But between my Crystals and Tools {Pendulum, Tarot Cards, Etc}, I swear they all have personalities.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:45 am
does it matter what you pendumlum is made out of or is it more along the lines of what you feel is best for you as an individual??  

Just Tsuki

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:25 am
Tsuki Yuki Kuki
does it matter what you pendumlum is made out of or is it more along the lines of what you feel is best for you as an individual??

Um... yes and no.

Just like stones have different energy with them, depending on what the pendulum is made out of, it will also have a different energy.

For example, My quartz pendulum is better for contacting higher deities, while my petrified wood is better for past life questions.

They can both do the same thing, it's just one is more suited for something else then the other.

Another thing is, a lot of people believe that your tools choose you rather then the other way around. So some tools might work with you better then others.

For example, I bought a pendulum not too long ago that I was eye balling in the store for days; It works like magic. But when I use my bloodstone pendulum, That I just bought for the hell of it, I feel like it may not like me and isn't nearly as accurate as my other pendulums that I "felt" around for.

So, I would really say it's a bit of both.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 am
Quote:

Hm, good question. I wonder if there is a list of what type of pendulum is better for certain things, or if you would just have to go and look up the properties of the individual materials yourself.

Pendulums don't have to be anything fancy, either, and can easily be made of items you already have. As long as there is a balanced weight attached to a sturdy line, it should work, but like Namikikyo said, there will be varying degrees of accuracy and usefulness, depending upon the weight you're using.

A popular substitute to a traditional stone/gem/wood pendulum is to tie a favorite ring to a string. A lot of rings have gems in them anyway, and you'd be getting energy from both gem and metal.

The Advantages:

- A ring and a piece of string are things that almost everyone has already, so you don't have to go out to spend excess money on it.

- It disassembles, which makes it easy to keep a secret. Your situation may not be like this, but there are many times when people wish, for various reasons, to keep their practices a secret from their friends and family. People that fear their pendulum being found can easily disassemble it, and even if they left the deconstructed pendulum on a dresser they would simply see it as a ring and a random piece of string.

- You can wear it! I firmly believe that the closer you keep your pendulum, the better it gets to know you/your energy, and the more effectively it can work for you. My pendulum, before it was one, was a quartz crystal pendant on a necklace. Because there is no place in my home town to buy a pendulum, I took the crystal, and attached it to the end of an anklet. I will sometimes wear it as an anklet, and it feels good to do so. Even though my pendulum is a found-object constructed pendulum, it has never failed me and is very accurate.

The drawbacks:

- Given it's shape, if you want your pendulum to point out specific things like letters underneath it, you're going to have a harder time telling what it is "pointing" to, since a ring really doesn't have a point.

- Since rings are traditionally metal with a gem of some type in it, I would worry that the gem and the metal might conflict with one another, so personally I would try to use a ring that was just metal, without any stones in it. HOWEVER, there can be instances when the metal and the gem are very good matches, and can actually help to amplify one another. Personally, I would choose a silver ring with a pearl.  

Magus Initi

Just Tsuki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:47 am
thanks Magus Young and Namikikyo!! your information has been a lot of help 4laugh

i'll most deffinatly look into it biggrin

The Study (Research)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces