Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
Resident Evil Comics Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read any of the Resident Evil Comics?
  Yes
  No
  Sounds interesting
View Results

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:50 pm
I have made this topic to start up a discussion on the shortly ran Resident Evil comic publication. I only ever read comic #4 and just that one had me interested in finding the rest. So I'd like all the members' opinion on whether or not they've seen, read, heard of or are interested in the comics.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:24 pm
Curse you! I was gonna make the same thread few days ago, but I forgot.

I just recently read over the Resident Evil #1 through #5 that were released sometime after RE2, as well as their sequels, the Fire & Ice series. They were pretty cool, but it's funny how little the publishers knew about RE, claiming that Lickers are created with G-Virus. And other cooky crap. It's all in good fun, though.

And a hell of a lot better written than the Code Veronica comics.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:18 pm
Glad to beat someone to the punchline besides my older bro. ^_^

As for me, I only read issue 4, but I'm trying to find the others online. I found a site offering the torrent, but the registration opportunities are few and far between.

Honestly, when I first came into the series I thought Lickers were made with the G-virus too. What was your favorite story featured in the series? Mine was "No Loose Ends" from issue #4 of the first series.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:34 pm
Umm... I'll have to read them over. There were a few pretty good ones.

Here, you can download the other ones, as well as the Fire and Ice series from this Russian site. But the navigation is pretty straight forward:

http://residentevilforever.ru/gallery/comics/

It's interesting because the Fire and Ice is a continuation of the other 5 comics. So they're directly related.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:46 pm
^_^ OMG YOU'RE MY NEW BESTEST FRIEND!!!

Wait... before I start downloading (too late) are they all in english?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:50 pm
Of course they are. I wouldn't be hooking you up with them otherwise.
And yey! I have a new Bestest friend! blaugh  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:56 pm
Lolz, oh wow... nostalgia has once again pulled the wool over my eyes. The comics weren't nearly as good as I thought they'd be. Amusing, yes... but I didn't much care for the Fire and Ice series.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:31 pm
It was pretty cool, I thought. The monsters were kinda lame, but the narrative itself was pretty cool.
But I'm comparing them to the Code Veronica comics, and those seemed like they were written by Spider-Man rejects.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:41 pm
Now I don't have the Veronica comics either... so I really can't compare them to other works. Speaking of zombie style comics, will it be possible to include discussions of other zombie based comics, cause I've got two one-shot graphic novel collections and then some of the Walking Dead series.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:39 pm
Okay, well, when I say Spiderman Rejects... Actually, I haven't read the Spider-Man comics, but if they're anything like the 1990's cartoon show, Peter Parker used to always swing from building to building and narrate to himself (since he was in his mask, I guess you never know if we're hearing his thoughts or if he's talking to himself.)

But in the Code Veronica comics, Claire actually ran around narrating to herself, out loud. They weren't thought bubbles, they were speech bubbles. Although compared to the game itself, I guess the cheesiness level is about the same.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:47 pm
WHAT!? SELF NARRATION!!! Sounds hilariously awesome!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:46 pm
It's quite terrible.
Like I said, it's not the way Spiderman narrates, it's more like...
*shoots zombie* These guys are everywhere!
*runs to a random location* This island is crazy! I need to get out of here!  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:00 am
I talk to myself like that... I thought you meant crazy narration like Spiderman would think to himself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 am
No, not paragraphs upon paragraphs like spiderman.

Except Claire has something to say to herself in EVERY panel.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:25 pm
Nice... just like Deadpool has something smart to say in every panel.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games