Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Nose piercing questions.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:16 pm
So I would like to get a small stud done in my nostril. I was wondering how much it hurts, I have my belly done so if it's possible to compare it to that, is it difficult to keep clean? I don't have a lot of time on my hands plus I'm pregnant so the risk of infection goes up. Also I was wondering if the whole "right side = gay" thing goes for facial piercings. I'm straight so I don't want to put any false advertisements out there.

Any comments or suggestions would be cool!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:04 am
Maybe it's a regional thing, but where I'm from, what side you get pierced on (whether it's face or ears or whatnot) has no social significance whatsoever. I would choose the side based on other existing piercings or facial features. Like if my right eyebrow were pierced, I would get my left nostril done to balance things out a bit. Or if I had a large mole on my left cheek, I would probably get it done on my right nostril. That kind of thing.

I'll skip the pain question because it's relative, and everyone has different experiences. It can be slightly difficult to keep clean on the inside, since it's a nose and boogies build up whether there's jewelry there or not, but I just use a Q tip soaked in sea salt water to remove crusties and clear everything out.

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:02 am
How often do you have to clean it and does it get crusty often?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:53 pm
Well I did mine with a gun I bought at Spencers for $1.97, with proper after care; ie keeping it clean, washing daily. It was healed in under two weeks... then I gauged it to an 18... not as fun, but never the less, proper after care for the win.  

Taigeku

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:55 am
I'm just curious as to how often it needs to be cleaned, for the most part. I'm sure it's different for different people because we all have different ways of healing. But if I have to clean it like every half hour my boss isn't going to be too happy with that, and I don't blame her.

Also, is sea salt water the way to go with cleaning piercings? I was told to use that with my navel, but I still got an infection regardless.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:25 am
You definitely don't want to clean it too much. That'll just irritate the hell out of it. I would say once, maybe twice a day. Soap and water and sea salt water work pretty well as long as you leave it alone the rest of the day.  

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:18 pm
That sounds good then. How long aprox. does it take to heal?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Well if you're older than 13 no one cares about which side you get a piercing on and it doesnt mean your gay.

I just got mine pierced a week ago. I found it to be pretty pain free. Just a pinch and then your eyes water a lot.

Healing depends where on your nose you get it pierced. I chose to get it pierced on a thicker part of the nose so it will take longer to heal.

But its pretty easy to take care of, just wash it with soap and water once or twice a day.

But I do find I keep accidentally knocking it out, but I just by habit touch my nose too much.  

Pink Plaid

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:58 am
If you could keep me updated on the length of time it takes that would be awesome!

I can't get mine done for the next few months so I have time to find out as much as I can.  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games