Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Glass Beads

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loves_funeral_song

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:29 pm
I have a friend who makes glass beads (and not just beads!) and she recently opened up her Etsy shop. Thing is, she hasn't made a single sale and she's EXTREMELY talented at glasswork! You should really look at her shop and possibly even buy something.

Glass Dragonfly's Etsy Shop!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:37 pm
Wow, your friend is really talented! I showed off her shop to some people I know that love Lampwork. I don't really have any use for beads, but I know some people who are obsessed. smile

One tip I can give for Etsy though is that buyers love a lot of items to choose from! Your friend should list some more things. smile  

lizstaley

bookaholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:38 pm
Goodness, those beads are amazing. The horse is adorable heart

Are there any gem shows/ bead shows coming up that she could set up a stall in, or even just advertise? It wouldn't hurt to just try and generate some publicity.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:12 pm
I really love those space beads. I will buy them as soon as I can think of something to do with them. I'm thinking a beaded lampshade.  

Supertheory

claviclebone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:29 pm
i want those beads ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:54 pm
Wow, that's great work. I always admire people who can work well with glass. I gave it a try this past winter, and it is a really tricky thing to learn!  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

s.t.a.r.r.y

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:31 am
lizstaley
Wow, your friend is really talented! I showed off her shop to some people I know that love Lampwork. I don't really have any use for beads, but I know some people who are obsessed. smile

One tip I can give for Etsy though is that buyers love a lot of items to choose from! Your friend should list some more things. smile

I agree the more you have listed the more chance for people to see your work.

Tell her to use keywords and also take a look at other peoples work for an idea on price, how many to sell at once and what sells well.

I'm not really one for beads but I wish her all the luck!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:02 pm
Wow, this'll totally make her day! She'll be really happy to know that people enjoy her work, and I'll tell her your advice about listing some more items.

I know she made a spider recently that I LOVED. The legs were made of glass seed beads. She wears it at her work (she works at the local Wal-Mart now) to showcase it. I'd love to know how to make glass work, but it involves heat and I'm prone to accidents when heat is involved...  

loves_funeral_song

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff