Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Anti-aliasing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:14 pm
A panel I attended at AX (called How to Color and Screentone in Photoshop) told me that Anti-aliasing is something you don't want when you're coloring pieces and that it'd be best to turn it off. I've been trying to figure out how for the past few hours and it's been driving me mad. What do you guys think of Anti-aliasing? (more importantly, how in the heck do you turn it of on brushes? Should I just stick with the Pencil tool when I want to digitally ink my work?)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 am
When you use the pencil tool, or no anti-aliasing, you get an opposite problem of too much aliasing. There are some brush settings you can play with to "harden" the brush more than you would get with just a normal 100% sharp brush. Try messing with those settings. If all else fails, just work at a higher resolution so when you downsize your completed work, the lines will become finer.  

Sam Skip Sam

.+Destiny.Eclipsed+.

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:52 pm
It's simple enough to go back over the pencil tool with a slight blur when you're done, just enought to smooth the aliasing.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games