Role Play Formats

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mavrick Hunter Zero
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:17 am
Through the years of my roleplaying experience I have developed the mechanics to creating an RP, which also could be the outline of an RPG. Now if you fallow these you'll be able to create you're own, with just a little imagination it can become a very good rp. [IMAGINATION NOT INCLUDED]

Also: This is just what I came up with last minute, I haven't had to start an rp for a while, and there is always room for error or something I forgot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 am
Okay there is a variety of steps that go into creating an RP, and I have several ways to go about it. And I think I'll knock out the quick Methods before I move onto the Major one.

Quick Methods

1. Take two or more Anime's or Games that are in the same Time Era (to be described later) and cross storylines
2. Take any two or more Anime or Games and cross storylines (this one is much more difficult and is not recommended for beginners)
3. ...and more as I remember  

Mavrick Hunter Zero
Vice Captain

Mavrick Hunter Zero
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:01 am
Okay without further adieu onto THE METHOD

Step #1; The Time Era
Now there are many different types of RP's but most of them fall into certain time era's. There are three Major and most fall in them or in between. Okay this is the first important step, you need to choose the time setting.

And they are
- Past
- Present
- Future

Step #2; Types
Okay after you have the Time Era selected you now need to choose the Type of RP, and just to help I'll put what types of RP's go with which Time Era.

- Past
-- Western
-- Feudal (Ancient Japan)
-- Medieval
-- Pirate

- Present
-- School
-- Modern Day
-- Band
-- Warfare
-- Race

- Future
-- Space (Space Priates)
-- Mecha (War, or space ship contest)
-- Alien (Peace or War)
-- Post Apocalyptic

And there are a few types that can go into any Era
- Misc. RP Types
-- Master/Slave
-- Demon/Magic
-- Clan battles

Step #3; Technicalities
Okay after you have they Type of RP you need to choose some more technical details.

Technicalities
--- Magic &/or Demon (Yes/No)
--- Romance (Yes/No) [I'd imagine Yes bcs interactions with people lead to this]
--- Main Weapon Types; There are many times and choosing one also helps set what time era it's in.
--- How much you want the rules to limit what people can do. For example you can have an rp with few rules to focus more on the interactions, or you can have alot of rules which focuses on stats and skills.
--- etc

Step #4; Setting
Now this is important because it has an effect on the mood of the rp and gives people a general idea of where this takes place. [Note; it can have more than one setting, but should have one major to start off with]

This is important because people need to know what type of terrain these people live in and have to endure. And you can say that it is exactly like Earth or you can make it so that it has a different terrain.

---- Desert
---- Mountain
---- Tropical
---- City (Urban, Suburban, Village)
---- Space/Colony

Step #5; Background Story
This is not a necessary and some to not have to be that intricate, but the better the background the more interesting the RP becomes. Also this is the chance to show off you're imagination.

-----[Imagination Not Found]  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:46 am
SIDE NOTE; When you make an RP, through other guild Experiences I've noticed that it's useful if you create two [New Topics] one as the place where the RP will happen and one as an [Announcement] for character's and basically it'd have the same name as the RP just Character's added on the end of it

Out of Character is done in either ( ), (( )), or [ ]

Novelistic Writing Tips
Actions in clear detail
When a character speaks " " are around the words
When they have a thought to themselves ' ' with what's written in italics
Every now and then make a break in the ΒΆ (Paragraph, and this symbol is done with Alt Codes...I might post them later)

[Yes I am double and triple posting but It's allowed since I'm laying a format out]  

Mavrick Hunter Zero
Vice Captain

oxyde gyabo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:32 am
what if the settings is not from this world, i'm imagining something that has no past event nor would not happen in this world...example, woodland creatures in a forest having their own forest village and adventures fighting off an evil beast that threatens their lives.

(you're spelling of dessert, should be desert ^.^)
thanks for the steps, i'd got loads of fun ideas of roleplays but i'm not starting them for now...i'm so excited i don't know which ideas i have i'd start... O_o lolz  
RP or die!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games