Reply Folly of Man
Panderas' Hidden Lab (Literate RP) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Anon Assassin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:33 am
Somewhere far below the surface of Weyard Panderas stood within his small, red-headed, robotic body. His large, sinister grin was splayed across his face as he stared up at the information displayed on the giant computer screen mounted his lab's walls. In his left hand was a clipboard full of spread-sheets while his right hand was running over the smooth surface of a tiny remote control. At length he turned his eyes away from the screen briefly to the remote in his hand. He then turned to study his spread-sheets once more with the same enthusiasm of a child reading a book of fairy tales. Without even a single glance the deranged scientist pushed a single button upon the remotes surface. Not even seconds later a scream of pain echoed out from behind him and continued on until Panderas pressed the same button once more, turning to face his newest ... 'experiment'.

Fredrick would have swore...would have cursed...would have fought or spit in the damn brat's face if he thought it would do any good. But Panderas had seen to it that Fredrick was capable of doing nothing other than what the mad genius wanted him to do. Although earlier he had been stretched across a cold examination table currently the private detective found himself dangled half in, half out of a small, but significantly deep, pool. His body was slowly, and painfully, being devoured by his own element and Fredrick had no idea how it was happening. He was sure that there was some electronic components to it because every time that Panderas pushed that same button on that damned remote in his hand a course of electricity surged up through the half of his body that was suspended in water. Needless to say the private investigator never again would wonder what it felt like to drop a toaster into a bathtub full of water and LIVE. How it was he was still alive was still mystery to him as well, although if he had to guess, he would have to say it was the living metal that was slowly devouring his body.

After the newest wave of electrical pain swept through his body, leaving him twitchy and his eyesight a rather bluish color Fredrick managed to grit his teeth and spit out. "I already told you all I know ...what more could you possibly want?"

Panderas turned, still staring at his charts, and still smiling and pressed the button once more. He waited longer than he had before as Fredrick cried out in pain before the tiny mad-scientist stopped the electrical current and finally looked up at the literally smoking body of Fredrick. "It's truly impressive how much pain you've been able to take without blacking out my friend. And your resistance to electricity is utterly amazing. I surmise it must have quite a bit to do with your metallic manipulation mutation....truly you are a much more adequate experiment than I first took you for."

Fredrick hissed and glared at the bespectacled scientist. "So ...glad...I could make a ...good...impression." Fredrick managed, feeling nearly numb to the after-effects, though not numb enough to block out the burning sensation running through every fiber of his being. "...You didn't...answer..my question..Doc."

Panderas' grin fell, though his expression fell only so far enough to be called a pout. "It seems you're right...how rude of me. Well...I see no reason to keep you in the dark...so to speak. You see, after witnessing that wonderful display of power and being so grandly ignored by those same powers...I managed to discover...perhaps the first time...a true weakness to finally capture the perfect of experiment. You see...it was he who really inspired me start researching the U.H.'s power. I wanted to duplicate his power...no...I wanted to improve on it. And the only way to do that is to study his power...his limits and his strengths. At first I thought I could use his obvious hatred for Micah and the Faction to my favor. But it seems I miscalculated in that aspect. However, thanks to that battle I now know exactly how to get him. It was quite obvious by his change in nature as had that battle taken place last year I can easily say the outcome would not have been nearly as peaceful."

"Who..is this guy you want so bad...what's his weakness?" Fredrick asked, nearly afraid he already knew the answer.

Indeed, to Fredrick's dismay, the mad scientist grinned even wider than before. "Surely you must know by now? It is Lord Kain himself...and his greatest weakness is also yours. A woman by the name of Draega Newfame. And in order to get to capture the king...I must first capture his queen. A difficult task in and of itself considering my ....limitations. However...now I have you and so long as I have you...she is sure to come to me. And when she does...well...I suppose you can deduce the rest...right detective?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:57 pm
Lilane raised an eyebrow at the elaborate jump that he made before rolling her eyes, smiling and running the device in her hand back and forth. Her eyes were trained upon it, hoping to see the tell-tale signs of yellow, orange, and red no matter how faint. They meant heat signatures like technology, and human bodies. AS she swept the thing back and forth over the rubble she moved carefully and spoke just the same. " I suppose you could call it a hell...I'm sure he sees it as something else though. Most likely his answer to the world's problems." Lilane's voice was calm despite the fact that she began to grit her teeth.

She was beginning to see heat signatures, she knew she was close, but she was nowhere near to where the entrance was. The lab was huge, that much she could tell easily, and it began to enrage her, she had no idea which red and orange blob was her brother and which was the b*****d that had him caged and tortured. She fought back her anger, she knew it wouldn't do her any good. Yet she felt the flames burning once more.

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:06 pm
"Lucifer's Heaven is our, or rather your Hell. It is all a matter of one's own interpretation and desires...but I believe anyone short of sadists on this planet could see a laboratory of torture as a version of Hell, such as Kain's Holle laboratory, which bares a name to warn others." He'd rather live a life in Hell than a life in Heaven any day, but he knew he'd never get to see either.

"Your...thing, the thing that shows colors and makes noise...I take it that is symbolizes how close we are? Because if it lights up with the colors that fill you with a rage so strong I can smell it, I can probably blast through this ground...or, if you prefer a bit of tact, I'm sure I can get the two of us in there without much noise. After all, if we use the front door, we'll alert him and thus put more pressure on ourselves than we need to, correct? Again, I only present this as a suggestion as a Knight to his Queen."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:20 pm
Lilane let out a grunt as she stopped in her tracks, having located what she believed was the main chamber of the lab, not far to the right was an area littered with what blinked up as nothing more than a dim red glow. With a sigh Lilane tucked the device back into her bag, which she then promptly tossed to Kain, only muttering "Hold this." as a warning. She stood back from the wreckage and then slowly began to peel it away, until there was a large spot around the size of a small dining room of nothing but bare and singed earth beneath her feet.

"The entrance..." she said after a moment, patting the dirt from her hands, "is over there." she pointed to her left before she let out a breath and readjusted her footing upon the portion of earth she stood upon. "The main labratory is right under here. I just want to find the weakest portion of the ceiling to crack through." She sighed and rolled her shoulders before she turned back to face Kain once more. "Once I find it...it'll be your job to crack through it. And do me a favor...stop calling me queen or I really will start to get angry." she told him with a sort of wry smile that wavered on an annoyed scowl.

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:45 pm
"I'll do my best to subdue the urge to say what I've been made to say, but you may just need to come to terms you are not dealing with someone that can cope with his era. You could, instead, act like a true Lady, or even human at that, and find a compliment in the title given I am not the one to code myself to say such things, Kain is! Thus, this being of power you'd never be able to comprehend seems to think highly enough of you, the friend to his Mistress, to force me to utter such a title. Thou should get over it as thou hast bigger things to worry about than thy title!"

He was obviously bothered by the fact she was so persistent on shutting him up in the title-giving area, but sadly, he couldn't. Even if he wanted to, which he did for the following reason, he wouldn't be able to for this following reason: When Kain shoots out a clone, the clone is always a mere fragment of himself from a certain time period. At the same time, Kain encodes the DNA as he pleases to make sure the clone functions at proper proficiency. Thus, this clone shot out from centuries upon centuries ago had no choice but to refer to her as he was encoded to do. Beyond that, the encoding was something that he thought to be true, while at the same time knowing it to be programming.

"Lady Lilane, allow me to explain something to you and further clarify my role on this planet. I was created to be what Kain once was: A Knight to a Queen. While Kain may indeed by a charismatic tyrant, he was only truly happy when he was serving as the Knight, specifically the KNIGHT, to a Lady he saw fit to call Queen, or in some cases, Sorceress. THAT is my personality, and if you cannot deal with it for the short time you must endure my presence, then I can set of phase two of this plan right now and save you a bit of trouble. Now, along with this title comes my responsibilities as a Knight for the Queen: I am to make sure she is always informed and prepared of and for any situation, and I am to do as she commands to put any issues to rest. This code is the reason I chose to fight you. Above all else, though, I am meant to protect you and see to it that no harm comes to you, or anyone else you may instruct me to look after, such as this man we're saving...who's blood I can smell as clear as day. It's very fresh, so I believe it is safe to assume he's alive. Now, keep this in mind in case you become absolutely infuriated with me, and please also keep in mind I have done my best to rid my speech of old English words, for your sake: Once the two of you are secure, I am to give my life in the name of the queen in the form of the D-Angel: Kamikaze. I will become no more than a memory, if anything to you, and at that point you will not need endure my speech."

Well, now that a bit of irritation had been exhumed, he was...well, more or less back to a soulless relaxed state. It almost made him sad he'd met this woman and honestly had a bit of fun with her, and in the end it'd of been just as well to have a miserable time with her given what the end of his road held. But, that soulless clone thing really helped out with these kinds of emotions, though it did baffle him as to why the hell he was so easily, well, offended if he was indeed so soulless. As he'd contemplate this, thanking Kain for bestowing upon him the Dark Lord Armor to allow the helmet to mask his emotions, he'd raise his right arm up in to the sky, and much like the real Kain summon forth a sword...but his was bigger. It was the giant b*****d Sword he'd been seen with earlier, though this time the blade was pulsing with a red gleam. He'd rest the sword over his shoulder, then look to Lilane with scarlet hues, the only item visible upon his face.

"You are deeply underestimating me, M'Lady. You can either keep up your search for this weak spot while in the mean time the poor boy may be suffering, or you can show me where to MAKE the weak spot. In the end, metal is metal, and even if there is more to it than that, I'm well versed in switching tactics on a needle's point."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 pm
Lilane had merely studied him throughout his speach, her eyes both curious and distant. When at last he was finished she let smiled slightly and chuckled, kicking a bit of debris as if in defeat. She lightly tossed her hands in the air and shook her head, clearly amused at the fact that she had gotten a 'soulless clone' to become irritated so badly. "Alright, alright," she admitted, already digging in her bag for the next tool she would need. "I understand, From now until this whole ordeal is over I'm a Queen and you're my knight. I get it. " she chuckled again and this time drew out a device which looked a good deal like a wand, at it's tip was a circular ring which, when Lilane switched it on, sparked with white-hot electricity.

As Kain summoned up his sword Lilane had to bite her tongue from automatically agreeing to what he said. She knew that it would be faster to just burst in through any portion of the ceiling to rescue her brother. She knew that, but it didn't change her decision. So instead she shook her head in answer to Kain's offer and instead waved the wand over the patch of earth she had cleared. "As much as I'd like to agree with you on that...I can't. It's basic architecture and gravitational theory. If we blow through the strong portion of the ceiling we risk compromising the integrity of the rest of the ceiling, meaning we risk the whole thing coming down along with us. That means my brother would be crushed before we could get to him. The best thing for us to do is to blast through the already weak portion of the ceiling so that we don't weaken the entire structure, we just break through an already weak portion, meaning we don't have to worry about a cave-in." Lilane explained carefully, biting her lip as she did so.

At last her device made a sort of ringing noise and a spark of electricity struck the earth just before her from the end of her wand. It scorched the earth in the shape of an 'x' before shutting itself off. Lilane gave a short nod of approval before scrambling up over the rubble to stand beside Kain once more. "Alright. Go ahead and blast away." she stated bluntly, motioning toward the scorched earth. " Once you fall through I'll jump in after you." she assured him nearly nervously.

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:22 am
These devices, as in the ones he'd seen before and the one she was using now all seemed very awkward to him. But, then again, this portion of him was easily defined as 'techno-tarded.' He'd look to her as she suddenly begun to speak words other than what he was trying not to confuse as sarcasm, and the moment he was ready to stand his ground and argue with the Queen, she found that spot all of a few moments away. He'd arch a brow at her for a second, then shrug and begin moving over to the spot.

He'd shove his sword directly where indicated, then fold his arms and look back towards her as the beast-sword Ragnarok would do it's damn job: Burn things. The blade's red tint would surge in to a red pulse, which in turn would light up a ring of scarlet in a meter's radius or so. It wouldn't smash the ground, but rather burn through, and if need be it would indeed apply heated pressure where need be. In the end they'd end up with a very clean-cut hole that would take shape with not so much as a hum.

"THIS is why I had suggested we do it in any old spot...I may be an outdated version of Kain, but I am still tactful M'Lady." He'd turn back around and summon the Ragnarok back in to his hand and once more sling it over his shoulder, then jump right on in to the whole, waiting for Lilane to make her way down, fully prepared for an assault from any position at any time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:22 am
Upon entering the lab Kain and Lilane would be met with a half-lit site of steel tile and plating, though the plating could hardly be seen between all the massive amounts of machinery. Blinking blue and green lights flashed periodically, lighting up the portions of the lab that still hung in darkness. In one portion of the endless room there was a small, round pool, with a hook suspended over it. Empty and dangling like a ghost it made an odd creaking noise in the otherwise silent room.

On the other side of the pool hung several devices which looked very much like sinister torture devices. The wall they hung upon, however, was dark and the true shape of the instruments was hard to discern. There were two passages leading off from the main chamber, each one as pitch black as the abyss of hell. And on the wall which connected to these two chambers was a screen the size of an imax theater's screen. Beneath it was a single chair surrounded by a large amount of half-finished robots which were of varying designs, though most seemed to be small stature and child-like in appearance.

The chair sat facing the middle of the room, not far from where both the clone and Lilane would enter. And it was empty as well. The entire room was silent save for the distant and quiet mummer of the computers which filled the walls of the room. Then from one of the two corridors would come the sounds of agonized screaming followed by the quiet tapping of shoes on tile. Then at last a tall man in a lab coat, his nose and mouth covered by a medical mask and glasses would enter the room. His white hair reflected green or blue depending on which flashing light caught in the reflection of his hair. In silence he looked up at both Lilane and the clone from the clipboard and spreadsheets he held in his gloved hands.

With a respectful nod in their direction the man reached into his pocket and pulled out an intricate looking remote control. With a single push of a button the large screen lit up to show a brightly lighted room where Fredrick could be clearly seen strapped to a what could only be described as a large glass slab. His arms were strapped spread-eagle upon the glass slab and the private investigator was clearly bruised, burned, and badly cut. As the image was displayed there was a second in which clearly a hideous looking purple slime wrapped around the detective's torso. The instant it did Fredrick let out a howl of pain as clear trails of steam and smoke rose from where slime met fresh. When the slime moved away and Fredrick's screaming finally subsided, the small red-headed Panderas stepped before the screen with a calm and seemingly satisfied smile.

"Ah...I see Kain has sent someone at last. I take it you are one of his clones...no doubt sent here to destroy my lab and hopefully myself as well correct?" the brat asked with certainty before shaking his head and holding up a hand, "No. No need to answer. I have received enough information simply by your arrival to understand that Kain feels I am a threat. If I had such a thing as an ego I might feel that that is a testament to my own intelligence and prowess However...as a pure scientist I find it merely .... disappointing that I cannot obtain a sample from Kain himself. " It was then that the scientist seemed to hesitate and turn his eyes upon Lilane. "How odd...I suppose you are the one that Draega sent? Hmm...most interesting. I have little data on you. I suppose the point goes to the new dark lady then. If you have come for the detective then I invite you to find him at your leisure....if he's still alive by then." With a wicked sort of smile the screen went black once more.

With that the tall white-blonde male bowed slightly and then turned and slowly turned to make his way back down the hallway he had come from.

The Anon Assassin

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:11 pm
The most disgusting trait pertaining to what he was had to be the mess he could make if his mind wasn't all there at any given moment. But, given his mind was here, there, and back there quite a ways, it wouldn't take to much time to deduce that the blood he was covered in, mainly dried by this point, was all the result of a very messy meal. His chest was more or less stained red, and even carving off the blood didn't help. Red rings of solidified goodness remained about those areas as a stain, though to him they were proud marks of what he'd accomplished, and planned to accomplish over and over again. One should also note than in some random area, there was indeed a town of...well, vampires, but with the intelligence of a zombie. He'd left them with no free will, if even alive. The ones left alive just needed to feed, and thus their lives would be consumed by an endless search for blood. The thought of their eternal torment made him feel warm and fuzzy inside and even brought a grin to his pale lips soaked in fresh blood. His long tongue would seem to slither out as he licked away the blood, and finally, he'd find what he'd been flying around searching for.

He'd gently land upon the soil a decent half a mile away from Lilane, though he hadn't been following her, but instead his clone. He had the spectacular ability to lock on to the scent, heartbeat and even taste of others, and that was if he decided to do it the hard way and leave thermal and energy readings out of the picture. But, picking up on his own damned clone was about as simple as it got. The clone, not of it's own free will of course, had been relaying every word and scene to Kain, thus allowing him to assess the situation just as well as the clone. Well, given Kain wasn't a mindless clone with an implanted personality, he could assess things far better. For example: It was easy to tell Pan, the little brat, wanted his blood or a skin sample. Hell, no doubt a broken nail would suffice. He truly admired the child-like figure's mind and ambition. Nonetheless, he'd battled far too many creatures like himself in the past to risk another Demi-God possible coming in to existence. Of course, he was also here for a bit of payback on his beloved...she'd nearly brought Micah to the planet's core, which would have damned every being on the planet. She'd driven both himself Micah off and apart, and given Micah was the only person he could relate with and call a friend, it hurt quite a bit. Though he found himself with new, darker intentions, he still wanted to pay her back in the means of driving her friend away from her. If that meant death, so be it. At this point, very little mattered to him.

So now, he'd watch the clone's movements as well as Lilane's, and now begin to get a view of the lab. His original grin would widen, revealing not only fangs but all around pointed teeth in which he'd begin to chuckle through. In the blink of an eye his arms would shoot out, palms open facing the air. He'd creature the D-Angel: Halo upon each fingertip and toss them in to the air, allowing them to hover no less than a mile above him. As they'd circle him no matter where he move, he'd still hold out two open palms, this time charging a D-Angel: Catastrophe in each hand. He planned on simply forcing his clone to pull off a D-Angel: Kamikaze, but at the same time he was far more amused anymore when unnecessary force was used, especially when it created great big booms. So, for now, he'd stand his ground and just wait for the perfect moment to rear it's head.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:51 pm
Lilane had sensed Kain probably the moment he arrived. After all, she wasn't some every-day U.H. and after years of idiot mobs trying to jump her Lilane knew the difference between a chill telling you someone with ill intent is there, and just a cold draft. However, she did not turn, did not acknowledge that Kain was there. In fact...she had made no move to point out that she knew. Not a flinch, not a single raised hair. Instead she did what she had planned to do and dived in to Pan's lab. Though she kept it in the back of her mind that there was something odd going on. Something more than Pan...that might very well be ten times more dangerous.

Lilane had studied both the tiny red-headed robot and the tall white-haired man with the same growing fury that nearly seemed to make her hair catch aflame. And at the sight of her brother in pain, injured, very likely dying. She felt her heart catch in her throat and her blame burst into life. She would have turned after the white-haired man but something pulled her in the other direction, so instead, she bolted down the dark hallway, no longer caring if Kain's clone followed or not. After the strange feeling on the back of her neck she had come to the conclusion that she was on her own from now on.

Her feet hardly seemed to touch the ground as she ran, the flame inside her feeding off of both the calmness that came from her training, and the fury, love, and worry that sprang from her heart. Like the heart of a flame Lilane herself began to glow, and her golden eyes flashed brightly. In her mind she could still see her brother, and the image haunted her. She spurred herself on faster.

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

The Anon Assassin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:17 am
As Lilane ran the hallway would light for her and then, as she ran, guns began to burst from the walls and turn to follow her movements, firing lazers at her as she went. Although the lazsers were strong, one hit would not kill her. Instead they would cause intense pain, enough to make the nerves to the portion of the body that were hit shut down. Enough hits, and the girl would be immobilized. The tiny red-headed Panderas sat staring at a dozen screens which showed the girl and all her efforts, his smile never failing. At length he turned back to his 'subject', his arms folded behind his back. "It must pain you to know that your precious girl didn't care enough about you to come rescue you herself. It seems she's sent some little teenager in her stead. She must not like you much."

With an effort Fredrick took a deep breath and coughed before turning toward the brat with a tired smirk, which, despite the bruises, despite his pain, still seemed victorious. " That...or she must not think too highly of you." the P.I. commented lightly.

The brat's smile fell and he turned on his heel like a girl to face the monitors once more. "It doesn't matter. She'll never reach you anyway. It's almost too bad...her abilities appear to be quite...interesting. Even for a girl of her age. " The child commented, his steady eye studying the cameras with the same eye he had used to study the fight at the generator.

Meanwhile, the white-haired man, wearing the medical mask was making his way up through the entrance, clipboard in hand. As he came out onto the wreckage of the old lab the man turned to Kain and studied him, tucking both hands into his pockets, holding his clipboard to his side effortlessly. "Hello...Kain..." he said, his voice an odd mixture of both feminine and masculine qualities, giving him an odd androgynous air, and despite the fact that it seemed strained, like a scratched disk that still managed to play. "No doubt...you are here...to destroy...my lab. And ...no doubt...you have come...from Weyard's core...so...I assume...you know...of this world's...true will."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:31 am
Lilane heard the lazers activate as she ran and with minor difficulty managed to dodge the first few rays. However, the longer she ran on for, the harder it was to dodge them. With a frustrated growl the teen's aura flared and she stopped and with an oath did something she had never been able to do before. She sent a wave of heated flame down the hallway, making anything connected to the walls, ceilings and floors burst instantly into flame. But not before being shot by a lazer in the arm. Lilane seemed to be unaffected, despite the pain racing up through her forearm to the base of her neck.

She turned and continued to run, her aura healing her as she ran, however, since i happened from the inside out, the flames seemed to burst forth from her skin, leaving a trail of ash in their wake until Lilane could move and feel her arm once more. Good as new. Instead of dwelling on the injury Lilane merely added it to the long list of things she would have to beat into that tiny brat for. Just one more thing she would have to tell Draega when she saw her again. Well...IF she saw her again. Lilane was no longer sure if she would get out of this ordeal alive.

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:37 pm
He'd expected individuals to pick up on his presence, but not quite confront him. It really didn't matter, nor did he care, it was merely surprising, especially given all the crap he was having fun summoning in to existence. He'd keep his red hues on the white-haired mortician-man, listening very intently to it's words. It wasn't hard to come to the conclusion it was related to Pan, if not some other form of the brat. This little fact would bring a different kind of a grin to his face, one symbolizing someone having great fun rather than the psychotic grin of someone about to make a lot of craters.

"You talk really damn slow; you get beat a little too much or something? Kinda makes me not wanna comment back to you, but hey, I really need to exercise the vocal cords. Yes, I popped out of the core of this execrable planet after having a bit of a divine revelation! It's kinda funny how much I agree with the damn thing, n' at the same time, I'm not gonna let it get away with the genocide I could very well carry out my own damn self! 'Course, then this whole ********' rock's going to hell for screwing with my head! What the hell's that matter to you?"

The clone was more or less...stuck. With Kain so close, radiating new orders, it was hard for it to do a damn thing. It'd stand there like a useless statue as Lilane raced about doing as she needed to, though he was still cataloging each action for when he was released from his hold. Finally, his orders would be confirmed, and he'd begin to move again. He'd move slowly at first, plenty of time in between clanks of his greaves, though his pace would soon quicken and evolve in to a mad dash, giving no time between metallic clanks. He'd rip the sword from his back and drag it lazily along the ground, allowing the dark armor to do it's damn job and either take in and recycle energy shot in to it in to a burst sent back at the original source, or deflect weaker items...if Lilane left any standing.

"I'm sorry..." Two words he'd manage to spit out as he quickly made his way to Lilane, using Kain's full speed to now move. Hopefully, he'd prepared her well enough for the upcoming events. The beastly sword in his hands would begin to exert it's own flame, though it seemed to...ell, not quite burn, given that would mean the flames would flow up and away from the sword, while the flames of this behemoth instead rand down in to the hilt. Easy enough to tell it was absorbing heat from all around. The apology would now come in to play as he kicked himself to full speed, putting enough pressure on his body to rip skin open inside the armor. Not that he was programmed to care. Instead, he'd whip the sword up in to the air and get as close to the girl as possible before bringing down at her back. Even if it were to miss, the reverse flames of his sword were meant to drain her of her own flames. He really was sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:23 pm
The white-haired male tilted his head to the side and removed his glasses, slowly, gloved hands gripping them oddly, as if there was not a full amount of control. Once removed the scientists eyes could be seen, they were a cloudy sort of red, as if death had crawled over the lenses of the eye and refused to leave.There was also an odd line of clearly viewed stitching which stretched from the man's forehead across the area straight between his eyes. Then, the scientist removed his surgical mask and revealed a mouth half-stitched shut, and a line of scars running from the ends of his lips to the tip of his jaws. He looked very much like a corpse which had been stitched together.

"Genereally...one does not...escape...an explosion...unharmed....not...all of us...have your...unique...recovery...abilities." He wheezed out past the threads attempting to hold his mouth shut. "And...it matters...to me....because...I like...to know...what the most...powerful...person...on the planet...means ...to do...about a world...which wishes...us dead. After...all...who better...to...stop it?" He questioned. He set his clipboard aside, not really caring where it fell and took a step toward Kain. " I would say...it is good...to see you again...however...I have not...SEEN...anything...since...my unfortunate...accident..."

Pan's head perked up quite a bit as a lazer marked the girl and not only did it not stop her, she seemed to be healing just fine. Intrigued Pan shut down the rest of the hallway defenses, a grin slowly growing on his face. "It seems this girl is more interesting than I thought." Then Pan's grin faded away and he frowned in conclusion as he watched Kain's clone make to attack the girl. With a slight 'tsk' the red-headed boy turned to the hallway's controls. "Now, now." he stated with a tone of disappointment. ", I can't have the children fighting amongst themselves. " With a push of a button he erected a barrier between the two, one comprised of bright-pink, pulsing, ions, which repelled nearly all matter and energy. Then, after that, a thick adamantium wall slammed shut between, them, though a second hallway opened as a result. "That ought to keep you two separated."

The Anon Assassin

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:22 pm
"Accident? What the hell man; you're the smartest thing on this vindictive rock next to me! I'd think you could fix your damn eyes, and my friend, trust me when I say that sewing your damn mouth shut only serves to annoy those that must bare your speech! But...you nonetheless have my sympathies, as I know you'd not put yourself through such an ordeal without reason...and furthermore, I suppose I can honor your curiosity."

He'd release the two D-Angel: Catastrophes and allow them to float up over him, levitating in place while still gaining energy. He'd soon feel eyes upon him and quickly jerk his head to the area he cold feel the ethereal gaze from, then smirk. He knew it could only be one person, and he knew that life could only grow more entertaining if this person was fully aware of his actions. He'd then turn his head back to the broken being before him and breath in a deep breath, then let it out and only smile.

"The world wants to rid of us...I'll agree that their are inferior beings polluting the world, but mutating these monkeys to help them destroy one another...well, it's quite ingenious, but nonetheless, I'm not going to sit around while some planet summons forth it's own apocalypse. Weyward's too stupid to realize that there would be an inevitable power struggle, and in the end, that struggle would, in one way or another, destroy it! The planet's trying to keep itself safe with toxic waters and the such, but it's failing. I believe there's something in the air of this world that acts as a mutagen upon the fetus, and can therefore turn it in to what's now called...Un-Humans? Normally I'd try and fix the air or something...but my friend, I can't bring myself to care about this world nor it's inhabitants! Thus, I'd rather become the Omega to this Alpha before it has the chance to save itself. Blowing this damn rock in to rubble would be nothing more then a few blasts for me, but I'd rather spend as much time as I can making up for the lost time I'd spent trying to save these ungrateful vermin! I guess...I just want to maim, rape, kill, and destroy! I want to hear everyone scream, cry, beg, and curse! I want to see Chaos rule the land in all it's glory, and I want Fear of the Chaos and myself to corrupt every soul!"

With that, he'd let out the cliched madman's cackle and even include the gesture of arms wide open at his wides, palms in the air with claws facing up. He'd enjoy his brief moment in which all sanity left him, but slowly come back to reality and regain his composure.

The moment Kain would begin to come to, he'd of been to late to realize what was going on high above him. The sephiroth that had been hovering above the H.E.C. had moved of it's own will high above them, covered by dust and clouds. It was finally time for Setsumei's lackey, and Kain's youngest brother, to show himself. The event would begin with the shattering of the sephiroth, which would cause thousands of small shards of diamond to fall to the ground. But more importantly, from that area in the sky would come a magnificent ray of light that would fall directly upon Kain, forcing him to scream in agony. The light wouldn't fan out too far, leaving room for only a few people. This blinding light would reveal nothing, though it would soon become apparent that there was something within it as more blinding lights would emerge in short bursts, like slashes, colliding with the D-Angel: Halos, destroying them without consequence. Instead, the energies would be split perfectly, allowing them to simply evaporate and become one with the world once more. Each of the ten spheres would be taken out with these blinding slashes in what would seem like a split second. Soon, two more slashes would come from the light, which had slowly begun to close. These slashes would split the D-Angel: Catastrophes, thus proving Kain's attacks were not without fail.

In the end, a burned and bleeding Kain would be writhing in agony before a second being that one could easily describe in a single word as Holy. The being seemed to be as tall as Kain, though it's radiance would truly make one question their lineage. It's body would be covered in gauntlets, greaves, chestplate, skirt, helmet, and even sandals, all of a golden or white hue like diamond and solid gold. Of course this armor was far more complex then these materials, but beautiful nonetheless. It's face would be covered by a mask, half ebony and half ivory with blinding white eyes that seemed to look far beyond the material plain. Flowing behind it in a wind that didn't exist would be a cape of gold, though the material once more was far more complex. Like a seraph, the being would sport six wings. Two covered it's head as a pair, two were spread out for several meters as a pair, and two covered it's feet as a pair. As the first and third pairs would rip open, the light from the sky would fade and the air would fill with a glimmering substance that would make anyone's lungs feel absolutely blissful. The item used to cut the orbs was in it's right hand - a gigantic sword, much like one of Kain's, though this one seemed to have no true guard or hilt...only flame, a flame that would glow both crimson and gold. It's eyes seemed to be on Kain, though they'd move to the walking corpse for a split moment before talking in a voice that seemed like multiple echos.

"If you value your life, you will fall now to your knees and pray to God that his mercy has not left you, though by the looks of it, you've fallen far from his grace. But, even pathetic creatures like yourself deserve the right of prayer."

It's attention would then pull back to Kain, and in a flash the sword would drive through Kain's torso. Once inside, the being now obviously of male origin would twist the sword, causing Kain to grip at his stomach...a futile effort that would quickly burn away his hands. Again, he'd scream in agony as the sword was driven in to the ground, pinning him in place. The man would then remove a small but bulky silver cross and move a few meters back from Kain before shoving it in to the ground. He'd then pull another out, walk to Kain's left a couple of meters, and place it in, though he'd begin to speak once more.

"I know you will remove yourself from my sword eventually dearest brother, but I'll not allow you to escape me again. Ishado's not here to save you this time...this is the end; one of us will die HERE AND NOW!"

By this point, he'd of not only send a right hook across his brother's face, but shoved another small silver cross in to the ground once more, a couple of meters from Kain's right. He'd then look to the other man and remove his final small, bulky cross and hold his hand out to the man.

"Whether you believe or not, there is a Heaven, and there is a Hell. I've no interest in you personally, but I'd not be doing my job if I didn't allow you to repent for the multitude of sins you've done. I highly doubt you feel any remorse for them, but if you truly wish a second chance, then take this item and place it exactly four meters from his feet. Then, this demon, this...TYRANT...will finally be imprisoned in something even he'll not be able to escape. Choose to deny your chance, and I'll rip you from your wretched life here and now. Make your choice."

Meanwhile, underground, Kain's hold on his clone would break. Funny how his attacks would only cease when he was blocked off from Lilane...though now he felt he didn't deserve life, much less to be in her presence. He'd send a fist at the wall with a megaton of pressure, expecting it to do nothing. He was just pissed. Like Singe, he was now free, and could thus feel and express whatever he wished, like emotion, namely anger.

"Pan...I know you can hear me, boy. I'm not Kain, only a remnant of the old Kain, not the being that's receiving it's just desserts above. But, I've a small amount of his DNA in me, and that's better than nothing, right? So, I propose a trade, Pan: Give the poor girl back her brother, and I'll surrender myself to you to be used in his place. Allow them to leave here alive, and without conflict, and I'll vow to serve you. Kain's spell on me is broken; I can make my own choices from here on out. He could read my mind and see what I see at most, but not force me to kamikaze or anything else. Don't pass this offer up, Pan..."

Folly of Man

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff