Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars
sonic on brawl cheap or not

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sonic?
  yes
  no
  poll whore
View Results

pastery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:11 pm
im not sure what to think anymore so ill ask you the furries of gaia  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:13 pm
Sonic isn't cheap at all. I've lost plenty of times as sonic even though I'm REALLY good at him. Ike is the cheap one. People will try to convince you that he's just a powerhouse player who's good to play as, but really...he's just cheap.

PS - I take it this is in the review section because we're reviewing Sonic?  

LordStripeyTail

Quotable Smoker

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

pastery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:56 am
true but ther is ikes lak of long rang attacks not to mention alot of his attacks leave him open his weakness lies in long range characters like snake and power suit samus

ps: it was originally just sonic but i think ill chage it to be brawl characters in general  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:46 pm
Sonic's not cheap, Ike's not cheap, NO ONE is cheap. Everyone's fairly ballanced, with the possible exception of final smashes. Every Smash game has gone through this, I swear. There ARE cheap tactics used better with some characters, sure, but that doesn't mean it's the only way they work.  

Tiga

LordStripeyTail

Quotable Smoker

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:47 pm
^ While I respect your opinion and all...I think that's a huge load. X3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:01 pm
dude has a point and frankly my opinion was the same i was just curios about everyone elses opinio ya know mrgreen  

pastery

WonderingMeow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:58 pm
Sonic's not cheap at all. He's kinda hard to use, if anything. I wish they'd put Shadow in a SB game. That would be amazing!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:48 am
Sonic's not too bad, he's quick at times, but overall he's fairly balanced.

Ike is very unbalanced though, as it's been shown that he does have a power of attack similar to some heavy characters, while in most cases he moves with the speed of a medium. Plus, his lack of ranged attacks is easily offset with an item.

As for Tiga, that is fairly obviously not the case. The characters in Brawl are NOT balanced, at all. You may be good with everyone, but that doesn't mean everyone's equal. They weren't equal in the previous games either, which is why this sort of thing happened in previous games. Cheap tactics are a factor, sure, but then again, there are characters with more ability to use cheap-tricks than others. heck, I've played against people far better than me before, but I was Toon Link, and because of that 3/4 times a smash-orb appeared, I got it, so I held my own most of the time. That combined with Toon Links final smash ability made me get a ko nearly every time I used it, sometimes two at once. Now consider regular link. He's very hard to get the orb with, because of his nerfed jumping ability and lower speed, which are compensated slightly by increased power, but will result in the link users loss to the toon link user most of the time in any match with desirable items in it.  

Mor Drakka

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:55 pm
Sonic to be honest is a weak character in my opinion since he has no long range attacks and his attacks are not hard to dodge or counter. He is best used as a diversion character/gatherer in team battles.

Secondly I feel the cheapest, and when I say cheapest I mean most versatile character(s) are the flyers: Pit/ Meta Knight/ Charizard and the Pokemon Trainer.

Thirdly... The Toon Link to Link ratio of wins is purely chance probabilty there is no disadvantage betwen Link and Toon Link where one character has a disadvantage they make up for in a different skill. I'd tell you but it takes a while to wexplai nthen you'll want to practice it yourself... so I'm gonna cut it short there and play Resident Evil 4.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:08 am
I play fairly often against someone with a similar skill level to my own, him favoring link, me favoring toon link. If it's an item match, I win more often than not.

Now, admittedly in a non-item match they're even, and link may actually be more effective at times, but I was referring to item-matches.

I have experience, in what I'm talking about, and quite of it of it at that.  

Mor Drakka

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:46 am
Item or no item matches the thesis of their win rate does not change it's only the skill in how you use them.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:25 am
I wouldn't really call him cheap. But I HATE useing him. FOX AND WOLF!!! WOOT! :3  

ginga_kitsune

5,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items