Ice Cream Cake <3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iccgirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:15 pm
Better to have helped you and let you win,

Do you guys like ice cream cake? If you do, what flavor of cake and ice cream do you like?

I'm asking because it's my birthday in one more hour and we celebrated it today so that everyone wouldn't be at work. I ordered an ice cream cake from Baskin' Robbins because I've wanted to get one for the longest time. I just got a plain white sponge cake with vanilla ice cream so that everyone would like it. Everyone's least favorite part was the frosting/cream though, because it's way too sweet and extremely fattening.

Has anyone ever ordered a cake without the frosting? Can you do that in most places?

than never to have touched your skin.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:20 am
I don't really like ice cream cake. It's too... Ionno.
I don't like ice cream to begin with. Cake is fine, but nothing else. neutral  

Noii
Crew

Wheezing Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

MaryAnneStrangeAngel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:11 pm
Really? I like chocolate cake with mint ice cream. xD

I've never ordered a cake without frosting... To be honest, I generally bake my special extra-moist chocolate bundt cake when someone needs a cake, and that doesn't require frosting.
On other occasions, though, I just get whatever cake seems best at the time. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:25 pm
Cakes are supposed to be fattening. What is the fun in eating cake if you are worried about fat? ....That's just stupid, in my opinion.

I love Ice Cream Cake from Dairy Queen. They are my favorite of all time. As far as regular cakes go, I prefer yellow cake with chocolate ice cream to compliment it.

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

Waltz With Wrath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:56 pm
I've never had one.
D;
Woe is me.
Ha ha. I imagine it tastes fine though; it's a bit pointless to combine what all ready goes together, but whatever floats.
:3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:03 am
Dude.
Ice cream cake is god.
xDD
I love the little crunchies.
<33

x- Spazz Muffin -x
Captain

xKirst
Crew

Romantic Nerd

12,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:59 am

I've never had ice cream cake.
I think I'd rather have my ice cream and my cake separate xD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:51 pm
Better to have helped you and let you win,

Noii: I can't believe that you don't like ice cream! Lol. I'm actually not a big fan of cake.

MaryAnne: I love mint ice cream, but chocolate cake is okay.
So you make cakes yourself? I've only made a cake once, but I used the confetti mix from Pillsbury (I think) and I've never made anything from scratch.

Rini Ikataru: Lol. Well, cakes are a treat that you're supposed to consume in moderation.
I've never been to Dairy Queen because I've never seen one around. I've seen the commercials, though, so I'd like to try it someday.

Spazz: Lol.
What crunchies?

than never to have touched your skin.

iccgirl

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:36 am
xD! ...I come from a place where cake is not consumed in moderation. If you are on a diet, you don't go somewhere where people serve cake. xD ...At least where I come from. 3nodding

DQ is great, you should find one. Their food is kinda bleh, but their ice cream is good.

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:01 pm
Oh, yes. It's really not so much different from confetti mixes, really; I actually use a dark chocolate cake mix and a chocolate pudding mix in my recipe anyway, lol, with some chocolate chips, some eggs, that sort of thing. Nothing fancy. xD  

MaryAnneStrangeAngel

x- Spazz Muffin -x
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:52 pm
The Ice Cream cake I usually have is both vanilla and chocolate, and a layer of little cookie bits you can call them...
they're crunchy and really good.
<33
I always save 'em for last.
<33

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:21 pm
I'm with Spazz on the cookie bits being the best part. It's all crunchy and good when the ice cream melts into it.

Although I'm afraid cheesecake beats ice cream cake any day.

AnacinCross

MaryAnneStrangeAngel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:50 pm
Oh, that's true.
That's definitely true.
The pans are a total pain to deal with, though. Dx  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:11 pm
Yes.
Anything that's cheese in cake form is ultimate.
Crumbcake is good too.
And white chocolate.
Can't go wrong with chocolate.
:]

x- Spazz Muffin -x
Captain

loony x lovegood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Well, I love ice cream cake but veganized, of course. (:
And homemade, because even if Dairy Queen or Baskin Robbins or any other places that make massive amounts of money from exploiting animals did make vegan ice cream or ice cream cakes, I wouldn't support them with my business.

m e m o r i e s | good threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff