Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Summer Blockbuster Movies Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which of these movies have you watched?
  Iron Man
  Indiana Jones 4
  Kung Fu Panda
  Prince Caspian
  Sex and the City
  The Dark Knight
  Hulk
  Hancock
  All(some) of the above or others
  none!
View Results

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:06 pm
There's been a ton of awesome movies that have come out over the summer break. How many have you guys seen? I've only watched Iron Man, Kung Fu Panda and the Dark Knight. All three were totally awesome. There were other hits like Indiana Jones, Prince Caspian, Hancock, Hulk and Sex and the City, but they weren't in my taste  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I went to see Hancock like yesterday.
O:
It was pretty good.

Ahh.
I wanna see the Batman movie. D:
I must hunt down the pirated version.
Hahaa.

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:55 pm
You forgot Mama Mia! Best musical movie ever! High school musical can go suck s**t, ABBA forever!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:13 am
User Image

I REALLY WANT TO SEE MAMMA MIA! D;

Saw the Dark Knight. HEATH WAS SO, SO SO SO GOOD ;___;

Niphz
Crew

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:21 am
I've seen Kung Fu Panda (my mum downloaded it off a weird Chinese website).
And Prince Caspian- it sucks, i only went to see it because year 7s, 8s and 9s had a trip near the end of term. They had about 5 battle scenes in there and there isn't even any bloody killing in any of it!!! It might as well have been like:
Person 1: Yaaaaaaaaa!!!
Person 2: Ouch you hit me! I'm going to hit you back!
Person 1: Ouch you hit me! It's my turn to hit you now!
And they completely changed the story, and added a cheesy Caspian-Susan love at the end...

I want to see Mamma Mia too! It was great in the theatre.

@ CBC: For some reason half of my friends are obsessed with high school musical (they even sing the songs in the classroom!!). I took one look at the start of one of them and almost fell asleep. I never bothered watching it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:08 am
I've seen Iron Man, Indiana Jones 4, Kung Fu Panda, Hancock.

Of the above I liked Iron Man and the Panda. I'm actually looking forward to Hellboy 2 and have heard good things about Dark Knight.  

Tokioka

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:37 am

You liked Kung Fu Panda?

The plot was so Disney.

@___@;;

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:39 pm
Well, I say I liked it, but I mainly liked Jack Black. whee heart
He's probably one of my favourite comedians these days.

Plus the film itself was all oriental. I think I'm a sucker for films based on our culture, like Mulan. You tend to notice more things cos you're asian and you've grown up being exposed to it all. Like Master Oogway in KFP - no one else would've understood the joke except us, right?

Overall, the film wasn't that great. For a kid's film I'd say it was good, but for adults might be too predictable. It was also too short. I wanted Jacky Chan and the other characters to have more lines that'd help character development.  

Tokioka

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:52 pm
Kung Fu Panda was awesome-best animated PLUS martial arts film I've seen in years. The opening especially pwned. However, I do admit it was a little lightweight, and it's not really worth watching again.

The Dark Knight however is the by far the best film of the year. I've seen it twice already and I'll probably see it again. It deserves repeat viewings because it's plot is incredibly deep. As a sequel, it's on par with Godfather part 2 and Empire Strikes Back.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:46 am
@Liania - there are some catchy in HSM, but I get enough trash TV form other sources.

And Kungfu Panda! I watched it with me dad, we laughed like asses when we found out Master Wugui was literally a turtle. But Jack Black was very good in it.

"It is said his enemies would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness! " xd  

cold_blooded_chick

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:11 am
Kung Fu Panda had some good animation on the kung fu scenes. The plot is a bit predictable though. But it's good for younger kids.
And when it actually showed Master Wugui (what do they call it in English? Oogwei or something) as a tortoise, i was just like ...WTF?!...ROFL...
And my sister, who obviously was too young to get it, was staring at me, then started copying me laughing because that's what she always does.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:29 am
I'm gonna go see dark knight this weekend, hopefully it lives up to my expectations.

Shame about Ledger though, he was just starting to blossom. :[

Btw who else has seen Brokeback? Except the obvious... Niph. >.>

I saw it on Channel 4 during exam time. Watched it with my 2 housemates and when Ledger and Gyllenhaal started getting busy one of my friends, Joe, started squirming uncomfortably and saying, "Now that's something I didn't want to see!"
The weird thing was that he was the one who suggested to watch it, so what did he expect? rolleyes  

Tokioka

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:40 am

Master Wugui was pretty cool. XD
But how that panther(?) thing broke out of jail,
With a feather?! was so wtf. = 3=

Nyaa.
Wanna see Dark Knight. ; 3;
Take me with you, Toki.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:43 pm
After I saw Mamma Mia (went home and bought the soundtrack)I went into my brother's theatre and watched the last 15 mins of Dark Knight lol

Want to see Sisterhood of the Traveling pants 2 next  

mymiridon

soumakisa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:48 am
err.. i actually fell asleep during the dark knight movie and missed the ending.. lawl.... i was too damn tired..

it is a long movie with lots of talk about batman and what pple thought of him... the politics involved and how it influenced batman's decisions.. blah blah.. it dulled me a bit... but Heath was really good in it. *nods* he acted great!

other than that, the technology wasnt so impressive... it's just your usual sleek awesome cars, security hacks, etc.. nothing new to really look forward..

but yeah.. that's just me and my opinion.. my friends all loved the movie.. even watching it twice..

apparently news say that it's such a big hit like titanic or even bigger...

i think there has been too much superhero movie in the recent years.. hollywood is running out of ideas... keke..  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff