Reply Instruments and Vocals
Clarinets Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

writerserenyty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hey everyone! This is the clarinet thread, a gathering place for all you clarinet players.

~RULES~
1. Follow the TOS and general rules of the guild. This should be self-explanatory.
2. Be kind to one another; there shall be no demeaning someone because they have more/less experience at playing the clarinet than you.
3. Please TRY to be literate; I'm not asking for perfect spelling, but no chatspeak PLEASE. This is probably just the future English-major in me, but chatspeak is just hard to read and annoying.
4. Just try to be respectful. We might have different opinions on things like reeds, or whatever, but that doesn't mean that we need to fight it out.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:10 pm
Clarinet Players:

writerserenyty- B-flat clarinet, dabbles in bass clarinet
Septomor- B-flat clarinet
LadyBherd- B-flat clarinet

writerserenyty

writerserenyty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:12 pm

A B flat Clarinet is a single-reed woodwind instrument. Known to many as violins of the band, clarinets are a staple to wind bands, orchestras, pep bands, and other musical groups.

The clarinet is known to have one of the largest playable ranges in all instruments, hitting an E below the treble clef, and being able to hit a C two octaves above the clef.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:18 pm
~Reserved~  

writerserenyty

writerserenyty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:20 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:21 pm
Reserved  

writerserenyty

Septomor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:26 pm
I play clarinet. For fun only though. Not a super expert on it or anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:58 am
clarinet is my second instrument, so i'm not really too good at it, though i wouldn't say that i suck completely either! haha, when it comes to clarinet, i don't suck at all, otherwise i wouldn't get any sound out! razz
but i cannot successfully play an f in 3rd register.. getting there though! mrgreen  

LadyBherd

writerserenyty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:52 pm
LadyBherd
clarinet is my second instrument, so i'm not really too good at it, though i wouldn't say that i suck completely either! haha, when it comes to clarinet, i don't suck at all, otherwise i wouldn't get any sound out! razz
but i cannot successfully play an f in 3rd register.. getting there though! mrgreen

For getting the F in the 3rd register, first try to work up to it; you can play an E, right? The one thing that is most important is good breath support. Put a LOT of air through the instrument.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:51 pm
Hey.
Uhh...
Clarinet was the 2nd instrument I learned to play and I am pretty good at it. In middle school I was the 1st/2nd chair in the band.

smelly old condoms

Piroshki

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:29 am
Clarinet is one of my main instruments. ^^
I started playing in 5th grade because I liked the sound it made on one of those tiny little Fisher Price keyboards (lawl). Now, out of all the freshmen who auditioned last year to get into the school's symphony band, I was the only one who made it, and I got second chair (1st part), too! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:39 pm
Clarinet is my main instrument, this is my 6th year playing it. Im 1st chair in symphonic band and Im in highschool so its my highschool band. I also play in the marching band but Im not into marching that much, its not my home and not where I belong :[  

Lady Nat

xX bd_emo Xx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:31 pm
so yeah. well i have just mast around with the Bass clarinet, Contra-alto clarinet and Contrabass clarinet. so i dont really play the clarinet.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:13 pm
Oh clarinet... I've had so many love/hate and hurtful experiences with you.

To people who play bass clarinet:
We can technically use tenor sax reeds right? I've just picked up a second hand bass clarinet and are still learning its conventions.  

Das Ist Mein Hamburger

II Stelmaria II

Naughty Explorer

8,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:44 am
I love playing my clarinet I have a Selmer Signate 100. I am actually geting really good at it.  
Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff