Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Cosmo I

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:44 am
I know i love Schubert's Marche Millitaire and i adore Moment Musical  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:40 am
Shubert wrote quite a few Moment Musicals. Which one do you mean? The F minor?

I love Schubert for his Lieder and for his Piano Sonatas, Wanderer Fantasie and Impromptus.  

Le Aristocrat

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:56 pm
Man is condemned to be free. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Sometimes I wonder what kind of masterpieces Schubert could have written had he not died at such an early age. Even so, his contributions to the music world are quite notable - I also love Schubert's lieder, and recently I've been absolutely in love with his eighth and ninth symphonies.

A fashion is nothing but an induced epidemic. ~George Bernard Shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:49 pm
Le Aristocrat
Shubert wrote quite a few Moment Musicals. Which one do you mean? The F minor?

I love Schubert for his Lieder and for his Piano Sonatas, Wanderer Fantasie and Impromptus.

yes the one in F minor. though i find it kid of cool when its legato instead of staccato, i know its wierd xd  

I Cosmo I

waterstream

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:21 pm
I am absolutely in love with the first movement of Schubert's "Quintet for 2 cellos". It is the most incredible piece of music, ahh! I suggest you go listen to it if you haven't..  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:20 pm
I absolutely love Schubert's piano works. Particularly the 3rd and 4th of the four impromptus and the first five pieces of the Deutsche Tänze, D783 (he wrote other cycles of Deutsche Tänze)..

And obviously "Ave Maria" as it's popularly called.. meh what a wrong namegiving, as I've heard! But unfortunately I don't have a recording of that one. Still, he rocks.  

nechuroo

nechuroo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:57 am
Just heard his 5th symphony; it was amazing. I got me some great respect for the man when I listened to that one. Wow.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:27 pm
The youth orchestra I used to be in performed Schubert's Unfinished symphony .... only the fire alarm went off halfway through, during this big dramatic rest, and we all had to leave. When we came back the chairs and stands were all gone so we couldn't finish... so it really was Schubert's Unfinished!! That's my story about Schubert.  

waterstream

oboeonekenobi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:50 pm
6th symphony~ <3 Amazing. I played it last year as my second symphony ever, so it's special~

It seems like he brings out the woodwinds to accent the overall sound more than other composers. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, though... ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:22 am
what about the famous serenade? =D pretty lovely.  

Regis Filia

Yixingie

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:31 pm
My favorite piece of Shubert is Ave Maria...I heard it in la Corda d'Oro and thought it was amazing!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:57 pm
I adore Schubert. His music is so very beautiful. I was first introduced to his lieder, but am currently listening to some of his string quartet pieces.

Anyone willing to share some of thier favourite pieces of lieder? ^_^
I am going to have to choose a German piece to perfrom/work on sort of soon-ish, and well, Schubert is one of my favourites and I would love to listen to some suggestions.  

Eleanore-Harte

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Yixingie

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:08 am
Eleanore-Harte
I adore Schubert. His music is so very beautiful. I was first introduced to his lieder, but am currently listening to some of his string quartet pieces.

Anyone willing to share some of thier favourite pieces of lieder? ^_^
I am going to have to choose a German piece to perfrom/work on sort of soon-ish, and well, Schubert is one of my favourites and I would love to listen to some suggestions.

I think Pachelbel is German and I love his Canon in D Major...  
Classical Musicians Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games