Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
An Increase in Paranormal Activity When...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mistreena

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:15 am
(I hope this is in the right sub-forum!)

While watching a show about the paranormal just recently, my sister noticed some strange occurrences. It was a marathon, and we watched three episodes. The first episode was interesting, and nothing strange happened. The second episode, I noticed it got really cold in the room (the basement, to be exact) and my eyes started watering. They did that throughout the entire episode, and the same happened to my sister. I don't know if it's paranormaly related or not. What is different is that my sister also felt a hand grab the back of her neck at one point.
For the third episode, we went upstairs to cook food. When it was time to turn the chicken strips and fries over, my sister went out. After she came back into the living room, we heard something in the kitchen. From the living room, we can see directly into the kitchen, so I stood up to look. My sister walked back in and picked up the silicone oven mitt and put it on the back of the stove. Somehow, it had fallen off and landed far enough away that it had obviously been moved. When she got back into the living room she told me that before moving it, someone or something had grabbed her leg, so that she had to shake it off.
Nothing weird had happened directly to me, but I believe my sister in that something had grabbed her leg. I heard that oven mitt fall, after all.

So my question/research project here is - Is that an increase in paranormal activity while watching a paranormal tv show? While talking about anything paranormal? While doing anything specific?
Does anyone find there is an increase in paranormal activity at any time? If so, please post your stories here and maybe we can figure out if there is or not. Thanks ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:40 pm
um..... Is anyone even here anymore? Anyone?  

Mistreena

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:26 pm
People are here, everyone's just a wee bit slow. What with school/college starting up around now, people will eventually come back to the guild looking for distractions from writing essays. XD

Personally, I've not noticed any increase in paranormal activity while watching those kinds of shows (About a third of my TV-watching habits are geared towards "supernatural" themed shows, wether they're legit or not). Certainly one could argue that by putting you "in the mood" for the paranormal, it might make you interpret events as being supernatural rather than the mundane events that they are... But then again, maybe when certain people get their mojo up, it attracts more activity. I personally haven't experienced anything significant. :X  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:49 pm
I've not experienced any more activity watching supernatural shows, just a spooky sensation and that's just part of thinking about the stuff sometimes. Your sister obviously had some kind of experience. It may have opened her to a spirit, might have irritated a spirit that was present. You might want to research your house for a possible source for the experience.  

M0IRA

Mistreena

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:00 pm
Thanks. I'm not sure how to go about investigating my house, but I could certainly try watching more shows as an experiment to see if anything happens again.

It's not just watching TV, though. Stuff usually doesn't happen at my house, that I'm aware of, but one day a while ago my sis and I were talking about the paranormal and a bronze cat that was on a wall shelf in the kitchen fell onto the middle of the floor. There was no way it could have gotten there without someone dropping it there, so I do wonder if it's just a particular spirit in my house that doesn't like to have these topics arise or what.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:54 pm
some schools are saying that if you concentrate on something very much, it might attune you to that kind of energy. Like a selffulfilling prophecy.  

Baltazaar

Khafre Giza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:29 am
I have had things happen to me during shows as well, so I know wat ur going thru. It would seem that occurences like these do happen when the paranormal is up to talk about, but nothing too bad to worry about. The activity should stay a minimum during thhe shows, and only increase if u should experiment to provoke activity, as it were. Im not sure if that'll help, but that's just wat I understand.  
The Study (Research)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games