A Musicians Nightmare Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:56 pm
crying I had a horrible dream the other night. I was with my orchestra at the theater and we were playing (I dont remember what). Anyways after a while everyone starts to stop playing and look at the audience. Why?

The audience isn't paying attention to us at all. In fact I don't even know what they were doing. Its like they were too busy and preoccupied doing something else. (Yet still in thier seats, dont ask its one of those dream things) I have no idea what they were doing.

The Maestro put his baton on the stand and just turned and looked at the audience sadly. We all just looked at each other, and started asking each other "what do we do now?" A trumpet player said "I guess we just go home" Then we all started to get up and my dream ended.

It was kind of depressing...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:21 pm
D: thats awful. i had a dream i dropped my sax and it shattered. and i tried to put it back together and i played it and it wouldnt sound DX  

I Cosmo I

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:22 pm
aww....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:24 pm
;~; it was a baaad dream  

I Cosmo I

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:28 pm
Yeah, same here... I cant imagine dropping my oboe and it shattering into a thousand pieces. (Maybe my reed, lol *coughs* that actually happens) I've actually cried over breaking an oboe reed. But I cant imagine what would happen if I dropped my oboe. eek  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:30 pm
`Kel`
Yeah, same here... I cant imagine dropping my oboe and it shattering into a thousand pieces. (Maybe my reed, lol *coughs* that actually happens) I've actually cried over breaking an oboe reed. But I cant imagine what would happen if I dropped my oboe. eek

o_e bad things would happen  

I Cosmo I

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:34 pm
iCosmo29
`Kel`

Yeah.... eek Baaad.. things..... Bad news bears things.....

In actual reality. It would probably trigger one of my phobic attacks and I would pass out and stop breathing...

eek  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:36 pm
`Kel`
iCosmo29
`Kel`

In actual reality. It would probably trigger one of my phobic attacks and I would pass out and stop breathing...

eek

good gosh! does that really happen?  

I Cosmo I

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:40 pm
iCosmo29
`Kel`
iCosmo29
`Kel`

eek

good gosh! does that really happen?

Yeah... its a good thing im an oboist and I can hold my breath a really really long time. Because I normally stop breathing for about a whole 60 seconds.

I have an actual phobia of needles. But other serious shocks can trigger the same phobic reaction. It all happens in my brain somewhere, the docter says, and I cant control it. Maybe its the oboe doing this to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:40 pm
it has a mind of its own xD  

I Cosmo I

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:42 pm
im convinced of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:51 pm
its angry at u for keeping it locked up XD  

I Cosmo I

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:06 am
iCosmo29
its angry at u for keeping it locked up XD
But I never keep it in my case unless I have to. His name is Sullivan and he sleeps on my nightstand at night right by my bed (I'd put it on my pillow if I knew I would break it)

lol, If there ever was a fire, my oboe would be the first thing I go for. heart I would save my oboe before my car. Its worth more.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:30 pm
Man is condemned to be free. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Haha, I guess it's a good thing my instrument's always with me...although that gets to be a problem since I have to be SUPER health conscious lest I eat something that will hurt my chords.

I love that you named your oboe, though. I've always kind of wished I had an instrument, and I'd totally name it, but I would feel incredibly awkward naming my voice, since it is kind of a part of me...

I've had some awful dreams, though - definitely had the "recital where nobody showed up" dream. I tend to get a bit nervous before I perform (solo - I'm never nervous when I'm singing in my choir, honestly) and I've had some pretty scary dreams from those jitters.

A fashion is nothing but an induced epidemic. ~George Bernard Shaw

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200

Amphion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:04 pm
I had a horrible nightmare the other night. I was giving the world premiere of the second Shostakovich violin concerto. Only I wasn't supposed to be the soloist; it was supposed to be someone else, but they couldn't make it, and they grabbed me, instead. Now, there's a reason that I'm the bassoon section leader; I don't play violin.

Especially not this violin. It was bright teal, and made out of the plastic they use to build electric guitars. And the neck was only about an inch and a half long.

The funny thing was, no one seemed to notice that I was just flailing around wildly, except for the first violinist, who was glaring at me furiously. After the concerto, after all, I was going to go and lead the violin section in Tchaik 6, and she knew I'd destroy them.

I kept waiting for intermission to happen (there was an intermission, even though this was only a rehearsal) so that I could run far, far away and hide from them until after the concert, but it just dragged on and on until I finally woke up.  
Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff