Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:27 pm
A small village south of Caemlyn, it survives in near-obscurity. Surrounded by woods, the village is a middling size, boasting the customary inn and tavern, along with a few shops. Nothing outstanding, but a decent place to live.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:57 pm
Ethin walked out of Giang's only inn, startled to find Esole and Melthin on her horse riding into town. He wouldn't have been as startled had he not masked the bond. He walked over to her, trying not to look hasty, and stopped when she brought her horse to a halt in front of the inn. "Why are you here so soon?" he asked, trying not to sound interested.  

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:00 pm
(Until we meet up again, Hippie etc. will quote each other, and Inky's party will do the same, I guess. Makes it less confusing.)

"Two days. Two bloody days," Kiae grumbled. "It wouldn't have taken so long if you hadn't insisted on taking that bloody shortcut," she added to Cobain, the last word dripping in sarcasm. She looked around, finding the town to her liking. She was still riding with Andurael - the men insisted she leave Anthenor by himself, for some reason - and shrugged her cloak off her hair.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:07 pm
Color Me Fubar

"Two days. Two bloody days," Kiae grumbled. "It wouldn't have taken so long if you hadn't insisted on taking that bloody shortcut," she added to Cobain, the last word dripping in sarcasm. She looked around, finding the town to her liking. She was still riding with Andurael - the men insisted she leave Anthenor by himself, for some reason - and shrugged her cloak off her hair.

((Gotcha.))
"It was shorter last time I came through here." Cobain insisted. "Then again, I never stopped for the night last time I was here." He trailed off thoughtfully. "So, how d'you like it?" He asked, grinning.  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:10 pm
Heavy-Metal-Hippie
((Gotcha.))
"It was shorter last time I came through here." Cobain insisted. "Then again, I never stopped for the night last time I was here." He trailed off thoughtfully. "So, how d'you like it?" He asked, grinning.

"I've been here before," she informed him, purposefully neglecting to mention when or how. "And if you're talking about the journey, it was bloody miserable," she added with a grin. It was still raining, and her hair was curly from the humidity and dampness. She brushed it out of her eyes, and glanced around. "I'm going to walk around to see what I can find out," she told Andurael, sliding off the horse easily. "Find an inn, and stable the horses."
With that last order, she adjusted her skirts and headed down the street, nodding at the several people who recognized an Aes Sedai. The village was so crowded, most had never even seen one.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:17 pm
(You mean like this?)
The Inkinator
Ethin walked out of Giang's only inn, startled to find Esole and Melthin on her horse riding into town. He wouldn't have been as startled had he not masked the bond. He walked over to her, trying not to look hasty, and stopped when she brought her horse to a halt in front of the inn. "Why are you here so soon?" he asked, trying not to sound interested.

"Fetch the stableboys for my horse, Ethin," she said sternly, ignoring his question. Looking around the the small village, she stepped into the inn, immediately spotting the round innkeeper. With thoughts racing furiously through her head, Esole asked the innkeeper for a room for her and Melthin without paying attention to what the woman said until she led her up to her room.
As she walked in the room, she took off her cloak and hung it on the peg on the wall before settling herself on the bed. "Finally, a bed to sleep on," she murmured to herself. Two days of travel seemed to have drained Esole. She stared up at the ceiling, thinking of what she would do if she ran into the Yellow. Certainly she would dismiss Melthin from their presence and have a long talk with the woman about the New Order. But how would she corner the woman? She'd most likely be trailed by Anthenor, Andurael, and Cobain and Esole didn't want to be with the woman while she had those three with her and she none.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:20 pm
Color Me Fubar

"I've been here before," she informed him, purposefully neglecting to mention when or how. "And if you're talking about the journey, it was bloody miserable," she added with a grin. It was still raining, and her hair was curly from the humidity and dampness. She brushed it out of her eyes, and glanced around. "I'm going to walk around to see what I can find out," she told Andurael, sliding off the horse easily. "Find an inn, and stable the horses."
With that last order, she adjusted her skirts and headed down the street, nodding at the several people who recognized an Aes Sedai. The village was so crowded, most had never even seen one.

Cobain thought of donning his vagrant disguise and asking a few questions himself. He decided to wait and see if Kiae turned anything out, though. Shrugging, he set off to find an old man he was rather fond of.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:28 pm
Heavy-Metal-Hippie
Cobain thought of donning his vagrant disguise and asking a few questions himself. He decided to wait and see if Kiae turned anything out, though. Shrugging, he set off to find an old man he was rather fond of.

Kiae pursed her lips in disapproval as she listened to the man, but only shook her head in response to his questions. Wanting an Aes Sedai to sit in judgement of a stolen cow - let the local authority handle it. She wasn't about to act higher than she was.
"I know someone's here...a Darkfriend," she thought, careful to keep a ward around herself. She felt a bit odd, walking alone, but squared her shoulders and shook it off. She felt like she was being watched - and knew better than dismiss such an idea.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:33 pm
Inky Winky
"Fetch the stableboys for my horse, Ethin," she said sternly, ignoring his question. Looking around the the small village, she stepped into the inn, immediately spotting the round innkeeper. With thoughts racing furiously through her head, Esole asked the innkeeper for a room for her and Melthin without paying attention to what the woman said until she led her up to her room.
As she walked in the room, she took off her cloak and hung it on the peg on the wall before settling herself on the bed. "Finally, a bed to sleep on," she murmured to herself. Two days of travel seemed to have drained Esole. She stared up at the ceiling, thinking of what she would do if she ran into the Yellow. Certainly she would dismiss Melthin from their presence and have a long talk with the woman about the New Order. But how would she corner the woman? She'd most likely be trailed by Anthenor, Andurael, and Cobain and Esole didn't want to be with the woman while she had those three with her and she none.

Ethin grinded his teeth as Esole walked off into the inn. She spoke to him coldly even though he did nothing to provoke her. Ethin swung around in the direction of the horse and was startled to see Cobain. Luckily the man had not noticed him. Quickly, he grabbed Ellisande's reins and marched off towards the stables. Ethin handed the lanky young man the reins of the horse and tossed him a silver crown as he stalked off into the inn to tell Esole that the others had arrived.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:43 pm
The Inkinator
Ethin grinded his teeth as Esole walked off into the inn. She spoke to him coldly even though he did nothing to provoke her. Ethin swung around in the direction of the horse and was startled to see Cobain. Luckily the man had not noticed him. Quickly, he grabbed Ellisande's reins and marched off towards the stables. Ethin handed the lanky young man the reins of the horse and tossed him a silver crown as he stalked off into the inn to tell Esole that the others had arrived.

Esole glared at Ethin as he told her about seeing Cobain. She knew it wasn't his fault they were here so soon, but she wanted someone to blame. "You did well, Ethin. Find the Yellow, I need to talk to her. Ask her to come alone," she said quietly.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:52 pm
Inky Winky
Esole glared at Ethin as he told her about seeing Cobain. She knew it wasn't his fault they were here so soon, but she wanted someone to blame. "You did well, Ethin. Find the Yellow, I need to talk to her. Ask her to come alone," she said quietly.

Again, Ethin grinded his teeth in frustration and walked out of the room and left the inn. Lucky for him, he couldn't see Cobain anywhere. Ethin was happy that the village wasn't that big, but it was big enough to take him a bit to find the Yellow Aes Sedai.
So Ethin walked aimlessly down the road, head swiveling in every direction in search of Kiae Sedai. A few of the townsfolk recognized his color changing cloak and bowed to him. Of course he had to stop and return the curtesy, but he tried to make it as quick as possible without being rude which made for a slow search for the Aes Sedai.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:57 pm
Kiae sighed in frustration as she came to the outskirts of the village. A cow mooed at her mournfally, and she resisted the urge to moo back. "I'm going insane, that's all," she decided with a shrug.
Taking a seat on the fence, swinging her legs slightly to keep her balance, she looked around and shook her head. "Such a peaceful town....such a shame," she murmured.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:05 pm
Color Me Fubar
Kiae sighed in frustration as she came to the outskirts of the village. A cow mooed at her mournfally, and she resisted the urge to moo back. "I'm going insane, that's all," she decided with a shrug.
Taking a seat on the fence, swinging her legs slightly to keep her balance, she looked around and shook her head. "Such a peaceful town....such a shame," she murmured.

Ethin nearly giggled to himself mid-bow to what seemed to be the village healing woman. There she was, on a fence. He would not have seen her there had the village healing woman not insisted on talking to him away from what she referred to as the "bustle of the village." Quickly, he rose smoothly from his bow. "Pardon, mistress but there is something I must see to right away," he said as respectfully as he could while trying to hurry in the direction of the Aes Sedai. He walked up behind the woman, making sure she could hear his approach, and planted himself next to her and stared off into the distance silently.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:10 pm
Kiae easily noticed his presence - she knew he only allowed it - and smiled slightly. Much as she disliked Esole and her choice of Warders, this one was rather polite and interesting.
"It's good to see you again, Ethin," she said honestly. "And well, I hope?"  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff