Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
I just sent a blasting pm to Lanzer about... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

any comments from the over baby crowd?
  hmm?
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:55 am
how Gaia is pandering to the little teenyboppers and forgetting the people that made this guild what it is and was meant to be = a more adult site.

here's the body of the pm and if I get banned for it= then Gaia doesn't deserve adults who care:

I am not speaking just those of us with years on Gaia, but the ones that Gaia was originally designed for, the adults, not just the 13 to 17 year olds that have overtaken this site.

How about remembering us, the ones that helped build Gaia from infancy to what is nearing senility.

Remember us- the ones that have been BEGGING for Captains of Guilds- (you do remember what guilds are right)- the ability to mass pm our members- not that old mass pm'ing from the message screen- one dedicated just to guild captains/vice captains so we can pm our members only with guild news and information,

And that new Battle System- that is a pipe dream that everyone is beginning to lose faith is ever going to come online,

You went out and got corporate sponsors (I happen to know several of the people from Funimation= and that's just one of your sponsors). I am 55 yrs old and far from senile, but I object to this place being overrun by immature teenagers and the administrators doing only what THEY want.

Well, Gaia was started for adults- Guilds were were from day one and it's about time that the administration remembers those things.

Rita White- aka mamarita - and yes I have several accounts on Gaia because some of the kids you now allow online don't like talking to adults and my name says it all. Oh and by the way- it was my 18 yr old daughters that brought me here and you are losing their interest now too.

What do you plan to do about it?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:35 pm
Sadly Rita, I don't think Lanzer has any real control any more.

It seems to me that he is just a figure head (Rather like the English Queen) and nothing more.

PL  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:47 pm
to the best of my knowledge- he is still CEO!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:06 pm
Well spoken in my opinion. I am rather bothered by all the changes lately as well... this site may have a PG-13 rating but that does NOT mean that those are the only type of people to be adhered to. Thanks for sending him that PM rita, I think it was a good idea  

churrlo

Kuramasan

Winged Star

21,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Winged 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:25 pm
gaia is kinda like a monster though.
It was created with all good intentions, but it can't truely be controlled.
It's too far gone.
That's what I fear.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:27 pm

Fin is the CEO now. It it said that Lanzer wasn't able to manage well enough, and Gaia was barely breaking even. Lanzer most likely still has final say if he wants to, if not for actual power, it is because Gaians think of him as god of Gaia. Some devs and admin didn't like Fin and/or changes, so they left.

What ever the reason, I feel that when the admin say they really want a feature but can't do it, that they aren't lieing. Gaia is a bit too democratic, and bots with 500 mules each, and idiots that never log in make up a bit too much of our population.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:51 am
want me to list out all the problems of the admins. here are some:

1. lanzer only cares about money not the community
2. windowopener is rude
3. lanzer pulled in mtv
4. admins are refusing to tell us the ew update on the guilds called broadcasting

if you want more reply saying "want more"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:52 am
Metalic_Noodles

Fin is the CEO now. It it said that Lanzer wasn't able to manage well enough, and Gaia was barely breaking even. Lanzer most likely still has final say if he wants to, if not for actual power, it is because Gaians think of him as god of Gaia. Some devs and admin didn't like Fin and/or changes, so they left.

What ever the reason, I feel that when the admin say they really want a feature but can't do it, that they aren't lieing. Gaia is a bit too democratic, and bots with 500 mules each, and idiots that never log in make up a bit too much of our population.

~Metalic_Noodles

lanzer actually owns gaia and no one can say he doesn't have final say because he does. he sill has everything go to him before it goes on gaia.  

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:53 am
and only reason why i know my last post is true is that my sister's boyfriend is friends with lanzer in real life  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:22 am
Sheriff Dustin
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

lanzer actually owns gaia and no one can say he doesn't have final say because he does. he sill has everything go to him before it goes on gaia.

How much power can an owner have? The business world is cruel o.o; You may own something but the CEO still has a lot of weigh on decisions considering they run the business.  

churrlo

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:45 am
churrlo
Sheriff Dustin
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

How much power can an owner have? The business world is cruel o.o; You may own something but the CEO still has a lot of weigh on decisions considering they run the business.

I'm with Churrlo on this one ...

They probably check things with him as a gesture, nothing more. I doubt he has any real control any more.

The New Gaia cares only for the money it makes and its sickening.

PL  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:04 pm
The battle system or Zomg as it is named is currently in BETA. It'll be done in the next few months. I went to Gencon Indy and saw the screen shots and game play and it looks sweet.  

Dragon Sneeze

Aged Bunny

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:02 pm
Pilotslover
churrlo
Sheriff Dustin
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

I'm with Churrlo on this one ...

They probably check things with him as a gesture, nothing more. I doubt he has any real control any more.

The New Gaia cares only for the money it makes and its sickening.

PL

actually lanzer has total control as he can totally tear this place down if he wants  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:33 pm
Sheriff Dustin
want me to list out all the problems of the admins. here are some:

1. lanzer only cares about money not the community
2. windowopener is rude
3. lanzer pulled in mtv
4. admins are refusing to tell us the ew update on the guilds called broadcasting

if you want more reply saying "want more"

1. Wrong, if he cared about money more, then why aren't there banner ads everywhere, or flash ads in the flash games?
2. WTF? O_o No way in hell that is true with out tons of proof.
3. Quite possibly Fin, or a team formed to get advertisers.
4. 'ew'? 'broadcasting'?

Sheriff Dustin
and only reason why i know my last post is true is that my sister's boyfriend is friends with lanzer in real life

A friend of a friend of a friend... those types of sources tend to be worthless and rumors.

Dragon Sneeze
The battle system or Zomg as it is named is currently in BETA. It'll be done in the next few months. I went to Gencon Indy and saw the screen shots and game play and it looks sweet.

It's Battle zOMGod... because meanie battle zOMG devs yell at us if we continue using 'battle' for it.

xd Hard to imagine any over-worked battle dev, I mean zOMG dev, would bother to 'remind' their co-workers of that.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:39 am
Sheriff Dustin

actually lanzer has total control as he can totally tear this place down if he wants

Yes, revert to my first point that he's like the English Queen.

He likes to think he has over all power, and maybe he did in the past, but now things are radically different.

Lanzer could 'disband' Gaia if he wanted to but I doubt the others would let him, there'd be a take over bid or something and ... Gaia will go on.

It's too successful a website to just go ...

PL  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces