Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mavrick Hunter Zero
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:58 pm
Mav. H. Zero Signing in,

Here I'm going to try and describe some simple ideals that will help increase not only your rping skills but hopefully help you improve your writing and vocabulary skills.

Typical Paragraph contains a Minimum of 3 Sentences now a paragraph can go on for many sentences but past 50 is to much.

Now when someone says something or speaks dialog The paragraph ends and you start a new one regardless of any rules. Here is an example;

[I do not own the characters in this example and I'm using the characters baised off the show Trigun]

Vash along with Wolfwood walk at a very slow pace towards a building packed full of notorious outlaws. Vash then looks over at Wolfwood and says, "For love."

"For love and for peace" Wolfwood retorted back with a smile on his face. Then the two of them charged straight into battle. Wolfwood let out a loud yell as he started firing, "Aaaaggghhh!!!!"

1. Notice how there is a break in the paragraph when someone new speaks.
2. The speaking can go any where in the paragraph as long as it's one person speaking.
3. Paragraphs are as short as 3 sentences, but can go much higher. [However you want to make a clean break preferably whenever there's a new action happening]

Okay here are some helpful punctuations and other tips.

The period . (Used to end Sentences)
The colon : (A colon is a mark of anticipation, direction attention to what fallows)
The semicolon ; (Separates sentences and is stronger than a comma and almost as define as a period. Used most of the time with coordinating conjunctions)
The comma , (Makes a separation between parts of sentences)
The question mark ? (Used when a character is asking a question)
The exclamation mark ! (To show emotion)
The parentheses ( ) (Used for Out of Character Chat)
The brackets [ ] (Can be used in place of parentheses)
Quotation Marks " ", ' ' (Double quotation marks is for normal speech, where as single quotation marks along with italics to show thought)
Italics (Show thought to ones self)

Nouns = Subjects; commonly person, place, thing or idea
Pronouns = Like a noun, but does not specifically name a person, place, or thing
Verbs = Indicate Action
Adjectives = Define a noun
Adverb = Defines verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs
Prepositions = Indicating the relationship between one subject to another.

There is still a lot more I could add but I think this is enough for you to get the general idea. If you think it needs more just ask and I'll pull out the books and add more of what needs to be defined.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:04 am
Thank you Sensei!

But dont you think it would be easier to have all this info grouped in just one overall thread so newbies dont have to click around?  

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Mavrick Hunter Zero
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:00 am
You mean all this in a subforum? I think that's a bit excessive and besides I can always edit more in.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:38 pm
Mavrick Hunter Zero
You mean all this in a subforum? I think that's a bit excessive and besides I can always edit more in.

No, I mean as it as this and the other thread you have posted about era/ideas for rping in one thread, but judging by the literacy of some people, perhaps not doing that is better.

sweatdrop

Dont worry about it.  

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Chrystelle No Danna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:15 pm
biggrin Arigato! biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:17 pm
im so happy that someone other than myself is giving out english/vocab/grammar/history lessons  

stalker_ninja
Crew

Dapper Capitalist

3,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

itsIthekillerofallkillers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:50 pm
oh so we dont thought of greek in here for I sake  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:20 pm
I love you Mav!!! You actually make people use proper garmer!!!  

HelloCandy

Fashionable Genius

4,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
RP or die!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items