Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Games you don't believe anyone ever actually finished... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:34 pm
BATTLETOADS!!!!
User Image

Now that that's been said... There are many games from back in the day that I honestly refuse to believe anyone finished, due to either their difficulty or senselessness. The culprits:

- Legacy of the Wizard (NES): I honestly refuse to believe anyone ever finished this game. You have a family of characters to choose from, each of who can access different parts of the world due to their unique abilities. Ultimately, I guess, your combined efforts get you to the final boss. However, this is incredibly difficult to figure out, and requires a lot of trial and error. Combine this with incredibly dense terrain and many enemies, and you are screwed.
User Image

- Goonies II (NES): Completely disorienting, bizzare 3-d passageway environments, poor translation, no saves - all leads up to being hard as hell.
User Image

- Captain Comic (PC, others): Early PC platformer with ridiculously hard jumps and a ton of enemies (from what I remember). There was also an exploring element, if I recall correctly.
User Image

I'm sure a few of you have played some of the games listed above, as well as many others in your memory banks as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:36 pm
JET SET WILLY.

IT WAS A STUPID GAME WHERE YOU NEED TO COLLECT LIKE 72(or something) INVISIBLE ITEMS.  

Patchouli the Librarian

Rachetgirl11

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:44 pm
Due to insane difficulty, I refuse to believe anyone ever finished(Brace yourself for hearsay) Majora's Mask. You're given absolutely no idea what to do next(or at least, I never found anyone who told me where to go) and you're constantly resetting time and losing all your rupees, bombs, arrows, and stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:46 pm
Hmm... Comix Zone?  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Patchouli the Librarian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:16 pm
The Rawk Hawk
Hmm... Comix Zone?

Aww we finished the First level. So it was probably finish-able.

VECTORMAN II.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:24 pm
Rachetdude11
Due to insane difficulty, I refuse to believe anyone ever finished(Brace yourself for hearsay) Majora's Mask. You're given absolutely no idea what to do next(or at least, I never found anyone who told me where to go) and you're constantly resetting time and losing all your rupees, bombs, arrows, and stuff like that.

You're joking right?

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:25 pm
The Rawk Hawk
Hmm... Comix Zone?
That game is freaking hard.

Batman for the NES. The last level just ramps it up so much, I don't think anyone ever beat it.

Ghosts 'N Goblins. If you've ever beat that game, you are a freak of nature.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:26 pm
Oh. I forgot ALL THOSE Ninja Gaidens.  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Zil Samo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:28 pm
Rachetdude11

OBJECTION!

You are told where to go next every time you play the Song of Time by Tatl (i.e., "So-and-so said the mountains were through the North Gate, right?")

Also, USE THE BANK! It's there to store your Rupees. The Owl Statues are there to so you don't have to start over each time you want to save. The Inverted Song of Time is so you don't feel as much pressure. Bombs, arrows, etc. can easily be bought with the Rupees YOU SAVED IN THE BANK.

That is all.
[/rant]  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm
The Rawk Hawk

THEY'RE SO GODDAMN HARD. The old ones.

But probalby someone really GODLY at games finished them.  

Patchouli the Librarian

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:38 pm
Aurelia Celestis
The Rawk Hawk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluv2HxFEqs even the statagy guide cant help you, GOD cant even help you  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:28 pm
Aurelia Celestis
The Rawk Hawk

I know Fish and I beat them all. : D

Comix Zone took me like.. 2 years to beat the demo I had. >_>
That was a freaking hard game

@Ratchet: Majora's Mask isn't hard. :/
EXCEPT THE FREAKING WATER TEMPLE.  

LifelessFawkes

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:18 pm
Ribbin
Rachetdude11

You're joking right?

*raises hand* Beat it.

My vote would be... again... Darkened Skye. I'm actually curious about what the next levels hold... but I can't beat the freaking enemies. >.o  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:29 pm
I haven't really played through MM's water temple yet, but do you have to actually FREEZE the oktorok at that one part and jump on it to get to something?  

TooHyphy

churroman13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:30 pm
Zil Samo
Rachetdude11

OBJECTION!

You are told where to go next every time you play the Song of Time by Tatl (i.e., "So-and-so said the mountains were through the North Gate, right?")

Also, USE THE BANK! It's there to store your Rupees. The Owl Statues are there to so you don't have to start over each time you want to save. The Inverted Song of Time is so you don't feel as much pressure. Bombs, arrows, etc. can easily be bought with the Rupees YOU SAVED IN THE BANK.

That is all.
[/rant]

THANK YOU! I was about to get pissed off is someone didn't say something like this to that guy.

Now back to the subject. I could NEVER beat The Jungle Book for SNES. That game was hard! There were absolutely NO saves! Day after day i would try to beat it but it would never happen.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff