Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako Helpers <Go here for help with the RP>
Unofficial Guide of Elemental Magic

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aeris192
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:47 pm
-So, the other day I came across the issue of not remembering which element was stronger/weaker against the other and thusly decided to make a guide to keep them all straight.
~+~
These are just guidelines not law. I'm just stating the typical nature of magical elements. Some elements may actually be stronger than stated if the situation allows it.
-I'm just putting the basics down and would appreciate other opinions/help if I'm wrong or missing any.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~++~+~~+~+~++~~+~+~+~+~+~+

> means stronger
< means weaker
= means null.
? means i don't know. =P
Also, your input is encouraged. Ask away, discuss, and your element will be placed on the chart. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:18 pm
The Chart & Element Definitions
Please feel free to help out and add more. *just post it here*

Basic Elements

Water
Liquid that is associated with what living beings need to live. However, water can turn dangerous when in a large mass, forming torrents, waves, whirlpools, ect.
Commonly associated with: illusion, healing, and purity
?Wind
>Fire
<Earth

Earth
The ground in which we stand; dirt, soil, plants, and sometimes animals. On the earth, things grow, die, and decay back into the earth.
Commonly associated with: Unity, Life, Healing, Nature.
>Water
<Wind
<Fire

Wind
The air which we breath. Wind also brings weather and, therefore, is unpredictable.
Commonly associated with: Freedom, Flying, Illusion
?Water
>Earth
>/= Fire

Fire
Red, hot stuff. These flames bring heat, yet devistation at the same time.
Commonly associated with: Heat, Destruction, Renewal
<Water
Wind

>Earth

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Intermediate/Other Elements

Ice
Ice is the cold, solid form of water.
>Water
<Fire

aeris192
Crew

cheeta-katt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:40 pm
I found this really awesomesox webbie about the classical elements! Perhaps it may help? clicky  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:54 am
hm. Sort of, but it is very awsomely. Maybe we should put up links of interesting places such as this one. =D  

aeris192
Crew

Mellow Zihark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:07 pm
I love what these guys did at the roleplay refuge. seems pretty solid, and easy to follow for a roleplay. Look at the creating a magic system section! http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=10529461#128434959  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:21 am
personally i think noir elementals are weak against romance elementals but strong against action elementals :3  

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Denboop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:30 pm
Jasae Bushae
personally i think noir elementals are weak against romance elementals but strong against action elementals :3

I disagree. Noir combines the best of both worlds. It gains bonuses against BOTH action and romance movies, but also has a SEVERE weakness to animated films due to the intense colors therein.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
hmmm....an intriguing theory...
i had figured cartoon was strong against horror though ive been unable to guess what it was weak against

on a related note i believe that the best way to defeat a long running series attack is to cram the entire series into a single movie remake  

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
Byako Helpers <Go here for help with the RP>

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items