Movies Rules

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:10 pm
Finally this subforum is up! This is where you can talk about your favorite book-based movies or your favorite movies that inspired books. I don't particularly care if you make movie bashing or hype threads, but only one per movie. And I don't really mind if you talk about movies unrelated to books, but I would prefer if you kept the focus of the guild in mind. And if you see any movie related threads lying around in random subforums, please let me know so I can move them. Basically, the regular rules apply here (PG-13 content, etc.) and I'm sure I don't have to repeat myself AGAIN. Enjoy!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:56 pm
One of my favorite movies based on a book is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I did like the first Willy Wonka, too. I think Charlie in the Chocolate Factory is more like the book. Although, I do think it would've been hard to train squirrels back in 1971, so that explains why they changed it to golden geese. A big difference of the first Willy Wonka and the book are the songs. I love how the Tim Burton one had the lyrics adapted from Roald Dahl's songs. Another difference is the Fizzy Lifting Drink part. They mentioned the drinks in the book, but Charlie and Grandpa Joe didn't drink it. I liked the opening of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory more than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The opening in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory looked pretty fake. During the first movie I was drooling at the Hershey Kisses! 4laugh One thing that both movies didn't do right was what the Oompa-Loompas looked like. The first movie was made before Roald Dalh changed the description of them from "black pygmies from an African Jungle" to the description of "golden-brown haired and the rosey-white skined people". So, the first movie made their own description of them. But the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Oompa-Loompas could've been made to look like the book illustration. I did hear somewhere that Roald Dahl didn't even want to watch the whole movie when it was finished. He wouldn't even allow them to make the sequal, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. In conclusion, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a good movie that is heavily based on the book, besides the part about his father.  

Spooky Rider

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:43 pm
Spooky Rider
One of my favorite movies based on a book is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I did like the first Willy Wonka, too. I think Charlie in the Chocolate Factory is more like the book. Although, I do think it would've been hard to train squirrels back in 1971, so that explains why they changed it to golden geese. A big difference of the first Willy Wonka and the book are the songs. I love how the Tim Burton one had the lyrics adapted from Roald Dahl's songs. Another difference is the Fizzy Lifting Drink part. They mentioned the drinks in the book, but Charlie and Grandpa Joe didn't drink it. I liked the opening of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory more than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The opening in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory looked pretty fake. During the first movie I was drooling at the Hershey Kisses! 4laugh One thing that both movies didn't do right was what the Oompa-Loompas looked like. The first movie was made before Roald Dalh changed the description of them from "black pygmies from an African Jungle" to the description of "golden-brown haired and the rosey-white skined people". So, the first movie made their own description of them. But the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Oompa-Loompas could've been made to look like the book illustration. I did hear somewhere that Roald Dahl didn't even want to watch the whole movie when it was finished. He wouldn't even allow them to make the sequal, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. In conclusion, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a good movie that is heavily based on the book, besides the part about his father.

Ummm... Make a separate thread for this. It shouldn't go in the rules...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:44 pm
Spooky Rider

Ummm... Make a separate thread for this. It shouldn't go in the rules...  

penandpaper67
Captain

Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces