Reply Tattoos
Tattoos and Floggers?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

laharl15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:33 pm
Alrighty. Well. Hello! And...different guild, fellow personage in there asked this, with no one readily jotting out any answers. So, I offered to ask here, and so I do. Below be what she asked.

So I'm going in for my full length back piece *hopefully* soon.
How ever, being on the receiving end of a flogger and a paddle on a regular basis I am concerned. Obviously there won't be any of that until it is healed, I'm not a total newb at tattoos, I have two.
My concern is later on, We have broken skin in the past, and if I'm investing hundreds of dollars in a piece of art I want it to stay pretty and healthy.
I spoke to my dom about it, and he is not concerned, he is confident on his levels of control and says it will be fine.
But you'll understand if I'm still nervous.
Any tips?

If any could offer some of the fore asked for 'tips', twould be...well. Helpful. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:33 pm
Wow. Um...Hm. That's a really good question. Well, unless he's doing some serious damage (which it doesn't sound like) I don't think it would affect a completely healed tattoo. But then, that's just coming from seeing other people heal scratches and whatnot on tattoos (my one and only, for the moment, is in a place that doesn't get hit at all very often, let alone scratched or ripped). The colours in the tattoo are an issue as well. It seems that the darker the tattoo, the more a large scar will stand out.

As far as tips, I guess the only thing she could really do is treat any scratches with Neosporin or something of that nature that helps injuries heal more cleanly. Otherwise, I dunno ._.

Has she asked a tattoo artist about it? They'd probably know better than anyone.  

l i t h i u m b l o o m

laharl15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:12 pm
*blinks* Thats...a good question. *asks her. yay for intermediaries!*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:36 pm
I'd have to agree with lithium, here. As long as they're not splitting open skin that would create hefty scarring, it should be okay. Just treat the wounds carefully to prevent scarring as much as possible and I don't see why it should present a problem. :nod:  

mammary gland

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:52 pm
Aside from letting it heal first, I say don't worry about it too much. A tiny little break in the skin won't ruin the whole thing anyway, and one day you might fall off a chair and make a HUGE scratch through the middle of it anyhow. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:50 am
`dagon
Aside from letting it heal first, I say don't worry about it too much. A tiny little break in the skin won't ruin the whole thing anyway, and one day you might fall off a chair and make a HUGE scratch through the middle of it anyhow. lol

x3 That'd be a kick in the a**, would't it? Go through all that work of being careful and not to split skin too much and all that, then do the chair fall of dealie and have all that work for seemingly little.  

laharl15

a random act of violence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:50 am
laharl15

So I'm going in for my full length back piece *hopefully* soon...... I'm investing hundreds of dollars in a piece of art I want it to stay pretty and healthy.

what kind of artist are you going to that will give you a "full length back piece" for hundreds of dollars? You might want to rethink your choice of artist. Unless it's a family member or really good friend who is giving it to you for cost of ink and needles, they most likely are a s**t artist and it will not be anything you want to show off to people.  
Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games