Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Guild Crew System -> What about other guilds?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chellies

Original Entrepreneur

7,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:40 pm
I'm not quite sure how exactly to explain this, soo...

By guild crew system, I mean how the captain puts the crew to work [I guess?] For intstance, I'm a very flexible guild captain - I have a guild with around 13k members, and 6 crew members, including myself and my vice captain. We have a little guide in our crew workroom that explains what to do at certain times and things. In this guide, I say that it would be great for moderators to post a minimum of 5 times a day [though this isn't really enforced], and I ask that if you see a thread not following the rules [the guild itself has fairly strict rules in the main forum], then edit it with a message [though, if they really want to, they can just stare at it, ignore it, and wait for someone else to get around it.]

I'm not a very strict guild captain at all, or at least I don't think so. Nobody from the guild crew has ever been 'let go', except for one who changed accounts without telling us [and I couldn't find their new main]. I was just curious as to what the 'guild crew system' was like in other guilds. By this, I mean - how strict are other guild captains? Do other guilds have a lot of strict crew-rules? Does remaining as a crew member in other guilds take plenty of extra time and effort? Is it hard to remain as crew in another guild?

I actually don't think I've ever been a crew member in part of a bigger and more established guild, so I don't know how anything is run in any of those.

And I'm sorry if my post doesn't make too much sense; I didn't know how to word some of it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:30 pm
Well here I usually made the crew give me ideas on stuff I'd come up with, or help me with projects. Like we had a recruitment project and so each crew member had to invite a certain amount of people, and then also when I come up with contests I ask for ideas and opinions and what not =o And of course they have to make sure the threads are in the right spot and appropriate and what not ^_^ And usually inactive crew I tend to switch out =o  

churrlo

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:42 am
I am pretty lax with my guilds. Each crew member usually gets assigned a forum to monitor, we watch to ToS violations. I have had to ban a couple of people over the years for violating certain guild guidelines about language and harassment. There is only 1 4 letter word that is forbidden in any of my guilds.... only 1 guild has ever had that word used and after 2 warnings= the member was banned- with all the mules that person had too... No I won't post that word here, but then again, most people here would never use such vulgarity... And no, the word doesn't begin with an "f".

Most of my guilds are spamming/polling guilds, so there's not a lot to do except watch for ToS violations. We usually organize threads into forums, like here, but even then, threads are missed and stay on the main forum  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:08 pm

May I ask what the word does start with?

I'm surprised that you didn't include a certain six-letter word that starts with an 'N', it it is used as an insult. (AKA not for discussion or something)

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:33 am
That word seems to be common use now thanks to 4-chan -_-;; Unfortunately T.T  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items