Harry Potter Movies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:59 am
I personally get really mad at the directors about these movies. Well, and basically anyone else who worked on them. I don't like the scripts (they often move too fast), although I won't complain about the first and second, because they captured the idea of the books and were overall good movies. But the last three have been BAD. They move too fast and leave out critical details (well they're critical in my mind). The only thing I can praise would be the special effects.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:30 pm
I will agree with for the most part (though I like the director of the third movie- he also directed Pan's Labrynth and The Orphanage). The thing to kep in mind with books getting turned into movies is that not everyone can be The Fellowship of the Ring(LOTR) and have 3 hours to work with. They have to set a certain limit 1hr 30min-2hrs 30/45min, and in that select amount of time they have to place most of or at least some important plot areas that keep the story going.

Yes, Order of the Phoenix was a major dissapointment for me, and hopefully with the delay up until next summer for The Halfblood Prince they'll get a better compilation of plot movers into the movie.., or atleast awesome CG to make for it.  

PaintOnSilence

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:47 pm
I am well aware of time constraints and such. It still doesn't mean that I can't (and will not) complain. xd And awesome CG would be very nice!!!!!! I don't think they're going to get much else right...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:38 pm
Sadly...  

PaintOnSilence

XGamerRichy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:22 am
If there's one thing to say about Order of the Phoenix, it is that Sirius didn't get the death he deserved, it was just puff, dead. I thought that in the book Belatrix killed him... (Note: I haven't read passed the end of book 4, I got bored at the start of Order of the Phoenix. So, I'm not really sure what happens apart from the basics.) Either way, it was very disrespectful that he just dissappeared... sad And I agree, they do move very very quickly, also, I did not get the third movie whatsoever. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:34 pm
i cant believe there moving the next movie to next year cuz of twilight stare ugggh im ganna see the twilght movie but i'd rather see HP!  

soccerstars10

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:20 pm
Twilight is not the specific reason Harry Potter was moved. From my understanding, those working on Harry Potter didn't want to compete with the holiday movies this year and stole the prime time spot for next summer far in advance. I'm guessing that their summer movies did better than the November ones. That way they can also release the DVD around the holidays, as opposed to the middle of summer or the spring when nobody wants to watch a rented movie. Twilight was moved from the release date of Decmeber 12 to November 21 AFTER the date for Harry Potter was moved.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:24 am
I'm a little wary of the next movie. I agree that they past few movies have been bad...at least I think the fifth one was. I was quite upset about it, Sirius did deserve a better death than that! I was so mad! I'm still angry that none of them have Peeves in it. That ticks me off. Peeves is my favorite character!  

Earthest

dragongirl187

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:35 pm
Looking at the trailers, I actually think it's going to be a good movie. (At least it better be... I couldn't stand how they butchered the fifth!) The fact that they're keeping in Quidditch makes me have hope.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:06 am
I think that the sixth has a chance of being a little bit better because the sixth book has less going on in it than the fifth book. But since they are weaving threads back in that they left out in previous movies, it could get complicated and bad...  

penandpaper67
Captain

Amouralire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:12 pm
I liked Order of the Pheonix the best out of all the movies. But I felt that it was to short. I mean its ironic that the biggest book in the series would be the shortest movie.
I am excited for Half-Blood Prince. Just by looking at the trailers it seemes really good. I was so mad that they moved Harry Potter to next year for Twilight. I mean, I'm a big fan of Twilight but bigger fan of Harry Potter. Way bigger.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:09 am
My favorite HP films of all-time are definitely going to be the first two. Chris Columbus is genius and I wish he didn't get replaced to film the rest of the films. I did not like the third movie mainly because it took a completely different direction from what I was used to (which was Columbus's directing, of course). Yeah, yeah, Cuaron made it all dark and stuff, but eh. Goblet of Fire was just TERRIBLE. It was probably THE most rushed HP movie of all-time. Just, bleh. Order of the Phoenix, I hadn't actually read in a while when I saw it (opening day, lolz), so as a movie, I thought it was good. I looked up the book, though, and realized that as a film adaptation, it was bad. Lol. But whatever, I was entertained. As for HBP, I am HOPING that it will be good. Despite the deteriorating status of the HP films, I still love watching them. It's because of the first two films that I even got into the series, so I feel that watching all the movies would just pay homage to my obsession.

Yay, long post is long.

TL;DR: Loved the first two, disliked third, hate the fourth, thought fifth was good, hoping sixth will be amazing.

The End.  

irock708

PaintOnSilence

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:50 am
So, HBP.
comments, concerns, kitchen recipes?

It was pretty good; a tad rushed and I personally think that the ending could have been FAR better, but it was better than OOTP.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:13 pm
I definitely thought HBP was a ton better than OotP and GoF. And PoA too, now that I think about it... It was rushed and they didn't set up for the next movie at all. I loved the comedy they incorporated and I laughed hysterically throughout the whole movie. I did not like the end at all because they left out Dumbledore's funeral, which made me cry in the book. And yes, I did just white that out, although I'm pretty sure everyone knows who dies... Anyways, overall I thought it was good, but it still hasn't met my expectations (will any movie ever?). Oh, and at the end when Snape said "I'm the Half-blood Prince," all I heard was "Luke, I am your father."  

penandpaper67
Captain

Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces