Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Neo-Conservatism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neo-Conservatism - good or bad?
  Good
  Bad
View Results

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:23 pm
I've recently become interested in this ideology. It always seems to get bashed a lot but I see a lot of good in its tenets. I find its rejection of moral relativism appealing and think its necessary in a world where the Leftist media has brainwashed people into thinking that there's no good and evil (scratch that, conservative heterosexual white males are deemed evil). I mean, I find it absolutely absurd that the removal of one of modern history's worst dictators is deemed an "illegal invasion" and a "war crime". Is building the foundations of a democratic and pro-Western Iraq really such a bad thing? Should we just let terrorist-funding tyrants sit comfortably in their palaces? Have we forgotten 9/11 already?

So what do you think? Are neo-cons "fascist imperialists" or do they get the thumbs up?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 am
Ugh, I shouldn't say this being "Captain" of the Republican's guild but I'm socially liberal... so I disagree with the rejection of "human rights" due to moral/ethical believes TO A CERTAIN EXTENT... I disagree with the way democrats handle things, which is why I'm not in their party, at all!

But I do support the ideal of western culture emerging in Iraq, personal freedoms, security and such. However, if they decide they want us out, let's get outta there!  

The Hallowed Mouse

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:02 am
They just did a few days ago didn't they? They're drawing up a timetable for a US withdrawal by 2011. Hopefully Iraq will keep on its present course of increasing stability.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:38 am
I concur. That area of the world (and now even more with the recent Georgia/Russia problems) needs lots of stability and I'm hoping that Iraq will help show that area how great freedom & security are!  

The Hallowed Mouse

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 pm
Speaking of Georgia/Russia, I just had the freakiest dream where Russia kept being appeased and then conquered Eastern Europe, Germany and France. Then NATO launched a nuke attack on Russia before sending in ground forces. And then China began advancing on Australia and I was like HOLY CRAP. eek

Back on the topic, if Iraq turns out to be a success (i.e. it remains a stable democracy even after US troops leave) then it'd be the biggest slap in the face for the International Leftists since the collapse of the USSR was hastened by Ronald Reagen. Basically, neo-conservatism could become viable again if people open their eyes and see that a genocidal tyranny was supplanted by a stable democracy.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:12 pm
That'd be great. I have the feeling it will be a success!!!

By the way scary dream... sounds like WWIII  

The Hallowed Mouse

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces