Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
McCain picks Palin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:46 pm
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/palin.republican.vp.candidate/index.html

Good move on McCain's part?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:21 pm
stare Wow, that was unexpected... I was really hoping for Romney!!!

Would this be the first Woman VP?  

The Hallowed Mouse

James628

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 pm
The Hallowed Mouse

waltor mondale had a womane running mate but lost. Palin is the perfect choice becuase she killed the "bridge to nowhere" she beat the corrupt incumbunt gov. in the primaries, got most of the corrupt politicians out of alaka office and is feircly pro life. she is the kinda person i want to have the tie breaking vote in the senate as VP  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:48 am
I have to commend McCain on his brilliance in keeping his VP choice a secret. It kept the press from talking about Obama's speech!

I was originally for Romney, but I've known about Palin for the last few months because Glenn Beck has raved about her, so I'm quite happy.

Is this a good choice? There are pros and cons, cons mainly because she is unknown on the national scene, but a lot of people know about the "bridge to no where." The liberal media is harking on her "inexperience." She has executive experience, used her veto pen, and has gone against the bad Republicans. She's a true conservative, and even Romney wasn't quite clean on this point. Remind me again what Obama's experience is, since he's the guy running for the first position.

I'm just glad McCain didn't go with Liberman! I like the guy, but it would have been a disaster.

Now on another note, I'm worried about the Hurricane heading towards Cuba, and my fears aren't just about the destruction it will cause. I'm afraid of what it will do for the GOP convention next week (and gas prices). The media was all over the democratic convention last week, and we all know how much they love to smooch those in liberal power. I've already heard that news anchors are pulling from the convention to cover what could be Katrina 2; it's not hard to predict where that will go. I don't want a Katrina 2. I just don't trust the media.  

SilverOwl11260

Illuminated Specter

4,425 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Task Accomplished 100

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:58 am
James628
The Hallowed Mouse

waltor mondale had a womane running mate but lost. Palin is the perfect choice becuase she killed the "bridge to nowhere" she beat the corrupt incumbunt gov. in the primaries, got most of the corrupt politicians out of alaka office and is feircly pro life. she is the kinda person i want to have the tie breaking vote in the senate as VP

I didn't do much research on her. But I like her already! I was just pro-romney since day one of the caucuses.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:20 am
I heard about her in an interview in Vogue Magazine and I fell in love with her instantly. I really admire her work as govenor, plus she is really pretty. She looks a bit like Tina Fey, if any one hasn't noticed.

This is really going to be a historic election.  

stareyed_in_LA

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:29 pm
Quote:
I'm just glad McCain didn't go with Liberman! I like the guy, but it would have been a disaster.

Agreed. Though I like the idea of having a Jewish VP in the White House, I get the impression that the guy isn't very well liked. Plus he was the Dem's VP candidate a mere 8 years ago...that wouldn't have helped McCain get the conservative base on his side, especially since Joe is pro-choice.

I know a lot of people wanted Romney, but I thought he and John McCain didn't get along very well...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:41 am
DanskiWolf
Quote:

Agreed. Though I like the idea of having a Jewish VP in the White House, I get the impression that the guy isn't very well liked. Plus he was the Dem's VP candidate a mere 8 years ago...that wouldn't have helped McCain get the conservative base on his side, especially since Joe is pro-choice.

I know a lot of people wanted Romney, but I thought he and John McCain didn't get along very well...
leiberman would make a better sec. of state or deffence  

James628

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:41 pm
I think there's a very good chance Lieberman could end up in McCain's cabinet. They're good buddies after all.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:04 am
James628
The Hallowed Mouse

waltor mondale had a womane running mate but lost.
BY 49 STATES TO RONALD REAGAN!! (and he had the same campaign add as Hilary, using that "There is a phone in the White House and it's ringing at 3AM...)  

Kingthor2282

James628

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:10 pm
Kingthor2282
James628
The Hallowed Mouse

waltor mondale had a woman running mate but lost.
BY 49 STATES TO RONALD REAGAN!! (and he had the same campaign add as Hilary, using that "There is a phone in the White House and it's ringing at 3AM...)
he only won his own state by .18%  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:57 pm
When I learned more about Palin, I was so excited, it warmed my heart heart She is by far the best choice McCain had made. For one, she has dems on the run, Obama has nothing on Palin.
Also, just think what this does to the political movement and to the feminist. Its a blow to the face at the dems and libs, that the first woman VP (or possibly pres.) is a conservative republican. Also, this should be making Palosi fuming! Because now she won't be the most powerful woman in the USA.
Of course, its those very reasons Palin is getting a lot of flak from the media.
I don't suppose you all heard about that little "Jesus was a community organizer and Pontius Pilot was a governer" bit?  

Latopazora

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:11 pm
Latopazora

Of course, its those very reasons Palin is getting a lot of flak from the media.
I don't suppose you all heard about that little "Jesus was a community organizer and Pontius Pilot was a governer" bit?

They're trying to discredit her Christianity. Next they'll say "if Jesus walked on water, why can't you?" rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:28 am
Probably, but I believe they're trying to make to the whole community organizer bigger than it really is, by saying Obama is like Jesus and Sara is like Pontius Pilot, because they're both governers.
They want Obama to be seen as the "messiah" again like he was when he started.  

Latopazora

the_Zetsu-Sama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:14 pm
I think that Palin was probably one of the best choices he could have made. She was a risk and she could either make or brake his chance at being president. And although the democrats are raving about her inexperience least they forget who is really running for president. It is true that if something (god forbid) happened to Mccain, she would become president, but Obama on the other hand is accused of inexperience, the scary thing is, he's running for president. Another thing that bothers me about the media and Palin, is that they base her characteristics on her family. Like her pregnant daughter. They say that characterizes Palin, but it doesn't.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games