Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply NaruChat Sub (~SPOILERS ALERT~ (talk about manga and anime)) [LOCKED]
Naruto Anime Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which naruto do you like better?
  Japanese version
  English version
View Results

snowyloved

4,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:19 am
"Directed by Hayato Date and produced by Studio Pierrot and TV Tokyo, the Naruto anime adaptation premiered in Japan on TV Tokyo October 3, 2002, and ran for 220 episodes until its conclusion on February 8, 2007. The first 135 episodes are adapted from the first twenty-seven volumes of the manga, while the remaining eighty episodes are filler episodes that utilize plot elements not seen in the original manga.

Viz has licensed the anime series for broadcast and distribution in the Region 1 market. The English adaptation of the anime began airing on September 10, 2005. The episodes have been shown on Cartoon Network's Toonami, YTV's Bionix and Jetix UK's programming blocks. In the American broadcast, references to alcohol, Japanese culture, sexual innuendo, and even blood and death were sometimes reduced for the broadcast, but left in the DVD editions. Other networks make additional content edits apart from the edits done by Cartoon Network, such as Jetix's more strict censoring of blood, language, smoking and the like.
"

Most of us have probably already seen the entire Naruto series before it branches off into Shippuden. However, in the US they are still not finished. Here, we can talk more about the episodes shown in the US.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:13 am
ya... ive seen all of the naruto and shippuden that have come out in japan. even the one from yesterday  

rainspelled

IRL Genius

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:56 am
ive seen very few, im american, and I'd like it to keep it that way, baseball and apple pie ftw  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:09 am
i really don't like the american voice actors... the japanese voices fit the characters better  

rainspelled

IRL Genius

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kit Joukai Heyaza

Greedy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:26 pm
I watch the japanese with the subs in english. I like the voices but i would be so lost with out the subs. That and in america kids cosplay at my school. Last year for celebrity some ids came to school as sasuke naruto and itachi....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:32 pm
mm the tsunade voice is terrible in english. it's just not right it sounds like a guy is trying to do a grandmas voice its bad...the only good voice actor in english version is Naruto or sasuke. but thats it. all the rest are annoying. even narutos at times gets bad. and kakashi's oooh makes me squirm i hate it, its not a cool sounding guy at all. Japanese version sounds soo natural and just how it should be.  

Eris5

Firu Shinra

6,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:17 pm
Lol everyone should watch this because it's so funny.It's called Naruto the abridged series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et4lh9MhrN8  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:07 pm
Wow this is such a stab at naruto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpVCRinPIRM  

Kit Joukai Heyaza

Greedy Lunatic

Metal_Edge91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:49 pm
i agree with japanese with subs is better. And they dont sensor anything out either witch is cool  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:09 pm
LOL Japense voices are better. But the manga is so much farther. Onemanga.com Or narutocentral.com has all the chpter up to date in english enjoy.  

Kit Joukai Heyaza

Greedy Lunatic

Yuuki Of Vampire Knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm
uh.....hi?
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:53 pm

Yuuki Of Vampire Knight

Kyuubi_Naruto_88

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:08 pm
I like the english version a bit better just because I dont have to read all the subtitles haha, the box sets are a lot better cause theres more blood and swearing like the japanese version (not as much swearing though)  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:15 pm
i absolutely hate the english voice actors! what they say isnt exactly the literal translation from the original japanese. besides, they're voices always sound so annoying in english...  

Escaping2Party

Kyuubi_Naruto_88

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:36 pm
I guess the voice actors arent that great well some of them at least  
NaruChat Sub (~SPOILERS ALERT~ (talk about manga and anime)) [LOCKED]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items