Welcome to Gaia! ::

-Art is Life- : The Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Drawing, Photography, Life, Arenas, Hangout 

Reply .:.:.:.:.:.:.:.//Main Forum//.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
Artist Stumped (No pun intended...)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rokvothzin

Prophet

7,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:44 am
(OK so Pun intended so what)

I'm stuck on ideas of what to draw. I don't know my style of art or what I like to draw yet. I'm a Novice at best and if you wnt some example I have:

User Image
I couldn't draw the eyes or mouth because everytime I tried I didn't like it. The reason I didn't draw the arms and hands are I'm not to decent at drawing them.

User Image
They both didn't really look the same I know  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Thomas Vanek&&;

I personally just draw random lines on a piece of paper if I don't know what to draw. That tends to help me get started.
Derek Roy&&;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Symphonic Fairytale

Thystle Thorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:37 pm
This happens to me sometimes, and usually I go around asking everyone I know what I should draw and whenever they give me an answer I mostly dismiss it. I say don't sit around staring at a blank piece of paper all day, I try to limit myself to staring at a blank sheet for only 5-10 minutes and if nothing comes to me go do something else. I rarely get much done when I actually think seriously about it.
Most of my ideas come out when I'm supposed to be doing something else. (you should see the margins my math notebook, more than once I've cut out a section of it so I could draw something larger on better paper.)
I actually think I'm intimidated to draw on good paper and that's why a lot of good ideas end up on loose leaf and I have to copy them. Don't worry if you think you're going to mess something up if you try to draw it on another piece of paper, I often find I enjoy redoing a piece and if it isn't exactly like the first just improvise and add some new stuff to make it better. Unless of course you think the first one is really awesome, then trace and grid all you want. If you've never heard of Carbon paper you should look it up, it's dead useful for transferring stuff.
Getting back to ideas my advise would probably be not to sweat it. I usually find that art turns up around me where ever I go whether I want it or not. (I've gotten detention a couple times for drawing in class. sweatdrop )
Oh and taking art classes are always fun, even if there are way advanced people in there or if you've already taken the class I keep going to the same summer class every year for the art supplies and atmosphere, I'd probably get nothing done if I'd stay at home. biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:08 pm
You could try listening to a song that you really like, one that matches the kind of style you want to draw out. You could try to copy a master's art, like Picasso's and then it'll influence you to draw something of your own in the same style and eventually you'll come up with one of your own.

DeliFang

Coco Kitty the Killer X

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:16 pm
judging by how you draw, you look like one of them ancient drawers, which is quite rare among us pplz. Unless you intended to do something else. The first one looked like some middle-eastern architect that might serve to be some event depiction. The second one looks to me like some cool looking tattoo but it can also be added to your first one to make it a masterpiece ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:11 pm
I always go back to basics when i get stumped, normally still lifes and clean line drawings. It clears up your mind and sets you straight.  

tandem_echo

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Autobiographer 200
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.//Main Forum//.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games