Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Help! Calling all bottle-cap necklace makers!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  YESSSSS!!!!
View Results

black_fox52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:29 am
Okay so i started making those bottle cap necklaces a while ago with materials i got from a book i bought. Now im out of the stuff that came with it, the glue to put in the cap after youve put your picture in and stuff, and i cant find it anywhere!! Ive taken the little empty bottle of "craft laquer" to every craft store around and no one knows! PLEASE HELP!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:35 am
Bump! 3nodding  

black_fox52

Isabelle

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:41 am
Isn't it called resin? I'm not sure but I was looking into using it to make necklaces out of old spoons in a similar way.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:23 pm
Ive heard it called things like craft laquer and diamond glaze. Resin would work too, but dont you have to mix 2 things together or something? Also, isnt it somewhat hazardous? Im a klutz, so id prefer it to be as least hazardous as possible.  

black_fox52

weyrdkat

6,950 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:07 pm
You can sometimes get laquers of that sort in the polymer clay stuff or in the stained glass section. I would try those first. I seem to remember my mom having some stuff from the scrapbooking section that was a clear glaze for over paper in scrapbooks that might work as well.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games