Reply Classical Musicians Guild
Brahms Hungarian Dances Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geograce

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:54 pm
Lately I've been playing/listenning to the Brahms Hungarian dances and think they're absolutely amazing. I just wanted to know if anyone else liked them so, post what you think.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:57 pm
Reserve  

Geograce

liebestraume

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:42 pm
I love them all, but I find that number 5 is done to death. Nos. 1 and 5 are played every week on the Hungarian community news I watch with my grandparents, which I find funny since Brahms of course was a German mrgreen .

I love the orchestrated dances more than the piano four hands, but I'm wondering if anyone feels differently?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:52 pm
liebestraume
I love them all, but I find that number 5 is done to death. Nos. 1 and 5 are played every week on the Hungarian community news I watch with my grandparents, which I find funny since Brahms of course was a German mrgreen .

I love the orchestrated dances more than the piano four hands, but I'm wondering if anyone feels differently?

It depends on what song you are listening to, No. 5 sounds, to me, better with piano.  

I Cosmo I

Geograce

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:40 pm
Yeah right now I'm actually playing #5 with my piano teacher. But I have to say, 7 to me is amazing. It's different almost like a Thelonious Monk sort of thing (Jazz musician) but also sounds like cartoony music. I really like them both.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:15 pm
They're very cool! I played a neat arrangement of one of them for four cellos at a music camp this summer - it sounded pretty cool.  

waterstream

Aria di Bellezza

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:12 am
waterstream
They're very cool! I played a neat arrangement of one of them for four cellos at a music camp this summer - it sounded pretty cool.

cool! i never paid proper attention to one before, but i bets its AWESOME!!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:26 pm
I played hungarian dance no 5. its amazing! (on the violin in my orchestra)i love it sooo much! we played it for festival! (contest for a few schools together) we go the highest score X3  

Mitang1541

Wings

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:00 pm
Oh, definitely! I've done Nos. 1-5 with a friend on the piano and it was tons of fun. I can't decide if I like the orchestra version or the piano version better though...both are enjoyable, imo. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:15 pm
Yeah 5 is a little over played! I have the first pages of it memorized for solo piano which makes it alot harder then the 4hand version. #8 is a lot of fun to listen to for piano (though insane to try and play) its got this part around halfway through where you have to glissando octaves with both hands and moving towards eachother. Ever tried holding an octave with one hand and then sliding an entire octave so you 5th finger is where you 1st started!  

Lord Eydvar

Camorelle

Shameless Stalker

13,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:58 am
oh wow theyre totally awesome! whee  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:45 am
I went to an Honor Band, and was in the lowest band (because apparently not knowing the D-flat major scale is a huge thing) and we played some amazing stuff, with melodies that were different for each section, and lots of different solos.
The band directly above us played the first three dances, and it went on FOREVER.
I had no clue that middle school concert bands were allowed to play stuff that was so long, because our longest was a 180 measure song at 155 bpm. It only lasted about 4 minutes.
Those dances lasted so long, and the whole thing seemed like a huge repeat!
So no, I do not enjoy those. /rant.  

Marching Band no Jutsu

Lord Eydvar

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:23 pm
Marching Band no Jutsu
I went to an Honor Band, and was in the lowest band (because apparently not knowing the D-flat major scale is a huge thing) and we played some amazing stuff, with melodies that were different for each section, and lots of different solos.
The band directly above us played the first three dances, and it went on FOREVER.
I had no clue that middle school concert bands were allowed to play stuff that was so long, because our longest was a 180 measure song at 155 bpm. It only lasted about 4 minutes.
Those dances lasted so long, and the whole thing seemed like a huge repeat!
So no, I do not enjoy those. /rant.

Yeah the first 3 are a bit long! And yes they repeat alot but thats because most of them are build in a Binary Form so that the beginning is the end and what not! one of the reasons 5 is probably played so much is because its only around 4-5min whereas some of them are as long as 15.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:55 pm
I personally cannot decide which Hungarian dance is my favorite. Can anyone help me decide?  

Asian8640

misako17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:36 pm

oh my golly! i so love bach's hungarian dance heart

Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items