Which musical artists inspire you?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:58 am
This can be inspiration in any form; for writing, art, or anything else for that matter. The Beatles often inspire my writing, as well as the background music in Princess Mononoke (it's amazing, for those who don't mind classical) and the music from Wicked (my all-time favorite).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:07 pm
For me it has to be Kingdom Hearts music, Musical songs and pretty much anything Disney. XD I'm really sad like that. smile  

XGamerRichy

5 to midnight
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:37 pm
FINAL FANTASY!!!!!!!! Yep final fantasy music, especially their piano pieces inspire me. Also Angela Aki.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:36 pm
Yiruma. Any nice piano music...

Lately I've been writing a lot of unhappy stories, so 'sad songs' that remind me of upsetting events has been inspiring me lately.

Musicals inspire me sometimes. Like Wicked, Sweeney Todd, and Once More With Feeling (All though that isn't like a musical musical... you know?).

Oh! And Don't Worry, Be Happy. (: Hah.

The Kooks!  

Collote
Crew

PaintOnSilence

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:58 am
Writng- anyting revolving around the central feeling of what ever I happen to be writing.., so everything.

Drumming- Derek Roddy, All Shall Perish, Job For A Cowboy, Breaking Benjamin, White Stripes, The Raconteurs, At the Gates, Screaming Mchanical Brain  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:38 pm
Skillet. (Of Course) Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Alice in Chains...and other bands...all my other favourite bands...

WolfTeeth-x

Dapper Werewolf

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100

shadow_contractor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Rise Against!
Their lyrics and guitar riffs inspire me to right. It's very catchy I think and their lyrics have deep meanings within them. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:36 pm
oops, spelling error.....'right' should be 'write' sweatdrop  

shadow_contractor

TehOnlyFaith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:25 am
Well, when I'm writing poetry I like to listen to Apocalyptica, Alter Bridge, Within Temptation, Skillet, and every so often SOAD as well Serj Tankian alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:37 pm
one of my favorite songs is if i were an artist by jake coco, that song always puts me in a mood to write  

chickie94

Colonel T-Bone

Charitable Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:34 pm
Post 2/28

Well, for writing (literature) it would be Nightwish, the Phantom of the Opera music, and the Sweeney Todd music.

For life inspiration it's got to be the songs from RENT, which are just so full of a love for life!

When composing music I go with Orchestral music, just not normally classical orchestal. I'll listen to Last of the Wilds or Godzilla Eats Las Vegas (which you need to go find right now or forever regret it!) dramallama  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:23 pm
I would have to say that the music that inspires me the most to write would have to be Sigur Ros.

They're variety of language and nostalgia almost put me in a trance, in a good way.
Otherwise I listen to my Daft Punk and other types of music for fun times. :]  

Empress Raven Vulcana

UVERworld_fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:58 am
hmm. For me it would probably be Sum 41 for when I write everything.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:11 pm
I should have been a pair of ragged claws

Devendra Banhart, for his beard is magical, and it is the source from which all artwork flows. Seriously though, his freak-folk is beautiful and just absolutely makes me want to create. He and Iron & Wine are truly gifted in what they do, and the fact that they put so much soul into their work is moving.

I sing his praises all the time, but Ben Gibbard seriously is the man! The Postal Service and his more recent Death Cab for Cutie have been amazingly inspirational. Bright Eyes does wonders, too.

Anything like Radiohead, or else ambient music is also wonderful.

Scuttling across the floors of silent seas

Vodou von Prettypants

Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces