Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Biden May Pull Himself Out. D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:49 pm
So the thought is that Joe Biden, Democratic Vice President Nominee, may do such an outrageous gaffe that he'll be pulled from the ballot and replaced by Hillary Clinton.

Here's some of my personal observations for thought...

1. I don't think Hillary is going to swallow her pride JUST to be VP. Deep down she wants Obama to loose so she can run again four years from now.

2. It makes sense, considering Palin has energized the GOP quite a bit. She was an unexpected choice and the Democrats were prepared to be battling agains Romney or Huckabee, not a little-known Alaskan Govornor. And the mainstream media's abusive attack on the Palin is making more and more Clinton supporters to turn to Palin. Obama has only stated a couple times about how terrible the media treats her, so one would assume that he doens't care much about it.

3. If Obama cannot talk Clinton into being his VP, if the Biden bail-out rumor is true, then he's screwed in this election.

4. Biden is a gaffe machine. Even more so than Obama. It's most likely Obama's best intrest to get Biden off the ticket before he ruins it all.

So yeah. Even if the rumor about Obama vying for Hillary as his VP is true, I doubt she'd take him up on it.

If Obama loses, I believe that Clinton will run again in 4 years as the 'real' face of change.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:13 am
The Dems would be screwed if this happened. I agree that Hilary would not relegate herself to position of Ovama's VP, thus I think the Dems have no choice but to keep the ticket as it is.  

DanskiWolf

SilverOwl11260

Illuminated Specter

4,425 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:52 pm
There has been talk that Biden will be pulled, he even said Hillary will make a better VP. But do I think Hillary would be added to the ticket? With how crazy this election has been, who knows, but I doubt it. Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill Clinton was actually talking down the Democratic Party last Thursday on the CBS morning show.

"CLINTON: The responsibility that the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans and the Congress or by me when I was president to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac."

So he cleared his own name here, though he is as much to blame, but still. Having Bill Clinton attached to the ticket in any way would probably scare Obama.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:40 pm
Obama doesn't want to add her to the ticket, if he does, he'll have to keep looking over his shoulder all the time and hire a food tester... Clintons are capable of a lot of things besides doing the naughty in the white house.  

Latopazora

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff