depressed, christmas is a drag
  nothing, it's just music
  what's christmas music?
  don't celebrate christmas, so this poll doesn't apply
View Results

AmenthystMoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:36 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSQpREgTfm4

thats the link for song, i couldn't get it to load on project playlist.

entry to follow soon!!!! i just wanted tosee ppls reactions to the song choice, and to hint at whats to come, plus it'll give me all day tmrw to write the prompt when ppl are annoying, so i can just tune them out and hum......  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:49 pm
so u know that song, sleigh ride? well, it's not just a random christmas-time song. for some of us, there's deeper meaning to it. ok mostly just me.

Just hear those sleigh bells jingling,
ring ting tingling too
Come on, it's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together with you,

ok yea, thats kinda just filler stuff, i write a lot u see and one of my favorite ways to do that is through poetry, and rythym. so the ringling, jinging stuff, is a ll nonsense thrown in for effect and proper rythmicstuff.

Outside the snow is falling
and friends are calling "Yoo hoo,"
Come on, it's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together with you.  

AmenthystMoon

AmenthystMoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:55 am
again thats mostly filler, even if some of it is true. friends were calling when i wrote this and it was nice weather, all snowy and cold, but not so cold that a good snowball fight/snowman tournament wasn't evident.....

Giddy-yap giddy-yap giddy-yap let's go
Let's look at the show
We're riding in a wonderland of snow

see, i was helping out with the test run things for santa, he likes to have company when he rides. that day was mostly justa control of the actual sleigh sort of run. and as i said it was perfect, and for the sake of the reindeer, we used horses so the reindeer could participate in the winter fun that was going on....

Giddy-yap giddy-yap giddy-yap it's grand
Just holding your hand
We're gliding along with the song of a wintry fairy land

yea, did i mention that at the time santa was my beau? well he was, i mean hello y else would i have a chance to test run a sleigh? honestly i think that the "test run" was a just something he said so i'd go....

Our cheeks are nice and rosy and comfy cozy are we
We're snuggled up together like two birds of a feather would be
Let's take the road before us and sing a chorus or two
Come on, it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you

it was cold and the wind chapped our cheeks as we rode along, bringing about a lovely rose color to our faces, and we were both huddled under the balnkets heaped high upon the sleigh, just riding along with no particular route in mind, just riding for the sake of enjoying the amazing weather....

There's a birthday party
at the home of Farmer Gray
It'll be the perfect ending a perfect day
We'll be singing the songs
we love to sing without a single stop,
At the fireplace while we watch
the chestnuts pop. Pop! pop! pop!

sorta filler but all the same, farmer "gray" is not really a farmer or named gray at all, but since he specializes in making little farm aniomals and he has a beard of a wonderful silvery gray, we all call him farmer gray. he was celebrating his birthday so we made a side trip to stop in and say hi, deliver him some new tools, u know normal thng like that. we nede up staying for a while, enjoying the party comapny and the wamtth of the fire, the songs, the chestnuts popping....  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:00 am
There's a happy feeling
nothing in the world can buy,
When they pass around the chocolate
and the pumpkin pie
It'll nearly be like a picture print
by Currier and Ives
These wonderful things are the things
we remember all through our lives!

we stayed much longer than necessary, but as the song suggests, we were so happy, there was so much good food (Elana makes the best pumpkin pie known to man...er, elf, and who doesn't enjoy hot chocolate in the snow?) the scne was so perfect, i remember just sitting there taking it all in, and now everytime i rmember it a smile blooms on my face,it was so pretty and the life was so evient and i just wanted to remember it forever.....

then the rest of the song was filler stuff, and repeats. i don't know how it got out to be a song, i gave it to snata the same year he proposed and the next year on our anniversary the elves were singing it to us...a simple remnder of a good life in the north pole, surrounded by friends and family.

-Mrs.Claus  

AmenthystMoon

serephemeral
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:43 pm
Nice! That was really creative, good job! I like how you took the song and explained it, verse by verse.

Only one thing: Remember, no chatspeak! Spell out your words, please. Other than that, it was lovely.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:27 pm
That's an interesting way of writing. I like it!

Again, I agree with Seraph. Spell out your words!  

Collote
Crew

Writing Workshop

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces