Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Gaia Proven Liberal? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:41 pm
Alright, you all know I am the only left-wing vice captain here, and probably the only left wing person. I am a real life friend with mouse, but he is in Europe on vacation *cough* rich b*****d *cough* (jk, he won't care)

Anyways, I thought it was interesting in the gaia polls they actually put

JOHN MCCAIN

as the only "scary movie" option in the survey...

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/gaia-not-neutral-any-longer/t.43860351_1/  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:27 pm
really? When I saw your topic, I tried to find Halloween Survey (still can find it crying ) and I end up finding a whole bunch of topics on this survey (where is it?!) and its getting annoying, and they're today.
Look, I really don't care what Gaia mods or admins political beliefs are. If they promote politicians, then its minuscule, hardly enough to sway anyone's beliefs. While I appreciate you feeling our pain, the republicans have been the target of ridicule by the media since the 60s, and political bias in the media has been going on for over a hundred years- its called yellow journalism. Not all people who run Gaia or their mods are democrats, I could probably bet you that there are more republican gaia employees than you think.  

Latopazora

Latopazora

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:34 pm
Nevermind, I found it rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:57 pm
Oh yeah i thought that was pretty stupid of gaia...oh well though  

x-The Boss-x

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:06 am
There's a definite left-wing bias on Gaia. Then again, most people here are pretty damn young. What's that quote - if you're 20 and not a leftist, you have no heart. If you're 40 and not a conservative, you have no brain - it's usually misquoted like hell, as I just did, but the point still stands.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:04 pm
I heard this

Quote:
If you're not liberal by 15 you have no heart
If you're not conservative by 40 you have no brain

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Othello_ollehtO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:54 pm
ZOMG I saw that. I was severly appaled. Sure there's freedom of speech but putting THAT on a poll that goes to about 10000 people, that's just wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:45 pm
Mmm.. you know I think Gaia get the messege, I've seen several pro-Conservative ads around Gaia. So maybe some of the people at Gaia felt bad? I dunno, I saw a Pro- Prop 8 ad, and is Newsmax conservative or is it Newsweek? I don't remember, but one of them is conservative and I saw an ad for Newsmax.  

Latopazora

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:05 pm
Yeah, it's no question that this place is much more liberal than the other online social networks.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:29 pm
Latopazora
Mmm.. you know I think Gaia get the messege, I've seen several pro-Conservative ads around Gaia. So maybe some of the people at Gaia felt bad? I dunno, I saw a Pro- Prop 8 ad, and is Newsmax conservative or is it Newsweek? I don't remember, but one of them is conservative and I saw an ad for Newsmax.

Ads aren't necessarily controlled by Gaia though, I know that Google will only allow you taking down their ads if they are a competition!  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lexille

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:12 pm
google.com is liberal also...

and as for gaia, i dont even visit the forums anymore due to the staggering amount of liberal propaganda...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:01 pm
yesterday i had posted a thread on who ppl liked, Obama and McCain, most of the ppl were for Obama. It was tough for me to say that Obama was a bit of a phony and isnt experienced enough to run this country.  

PhoenixFire1987

Jesus Stole My Bible

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:16 am
I would say that Gaia is definitely to the left. Most of the users are as well. I needed to joined the two Republican guilds just to get away from it all.
I, too, have seen the Obama/McCain threads. I am appalled by the outright lies these people say about McCain/Palin ((even though they lost and graciously conceded defeat!)). It makes my blood pressure sky rocket...

and I live in California. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:52 pm
Lennex3
google.com is liberal also...

and as for gaia, i dont even visit the forums anymore due to the staggering amount of liberal propaganda...

but the ads are controlled by what your IP is seen clicking around, so if one clicks on conservative things many times, conservative ads are more likely to pop up!

@JSMB --- CA... isn't that one of the most liberal states in the US?  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

PhoenixFire1987

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:29 am
I live in Washington and all along the western part of the mountains, pretty much everyone is liberal. Except some ppl in Skagit and Whatcom r republican.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff