Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Should we really pull out of Iraq?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Othello_ollehtO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:08 pm
Okay, should we really pull out of Iraq? I don't think we should, because if we're going to start a war and poke our noses in everyone's business, piss off an entire country (countries maybe even?) and then pull out when we're only halfway through the war, wouldn't that defeat the purpose and lead to only more angry acts of terror?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:59 pm
If Iraq continues on its present course of increasing stability, then the US should pull out in the next couple of years and focus on winning in Afghanistan.  

DanskiWolf

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:02 am
I say we're pretty much done in Iraq anyways... when we look at the issue we know now we're almost done, just a little bit longer is what we need. Iraq can kick us out when they're ready, which I hear they are planning to do!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:33 pm
That is true. But one can't help but worry. We should worry about our own necks in our own country. What with the facism of the new-coming government, we're better off than most countries yet it seems that we are slowly slipping into hell. I just hope that in time our country will be strong again in the former glory those brilliant men who wrote the Constitution intended it to be. I wonder what will become of this country.  

Othello_ollehtO

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:34 pm
We should only pull out when we have the Okay from the government of Iraq and Gen. Petraeus say we're ready to pull out.

We're faced with a dellema.
We either pull out too soon and the Iraqi gov't collapses and is taken over by Iran or other enemies.
Or we stay too long and not move focus to Afganistan.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:23 pm
Regardless of whether our entrance into the war was a right move or not, we should stay in. We're so close, and Iraq has so much oil that if that country were to spiral out of control again, our oil prices would plummet. I say we finish the war, and slowly hand control over to the Iraqi government.  

Garrett31212

Othello_ollehtO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:05 pm
Garrett31212
Regardless of whether our entrance into the war was a right move or not, we should stay in. We're so close, and Iraq has so much oil that if that country were to spiral out of control again, our oil prices would plummet. I say we finish the war, and slowly hand control over to the Iraqi government.

Yes, I believe I agree with you. Tis, after all, best to finish what we started to make sure we get the job done and not have to end up going back there in a few years.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:40 am
Othello_ollehtO
Okay, should we really pull out of Iraq? I don't think we should, because if we're going to start a war and poke our noses in everyone's business, piss off an entire country (countries maybe even?) and then pull out when we're only halfway through the war, wouldn't that defeat the purpose and lead to only more angry acts of terror?

To be honest, its not even called a War. Bush was just trying to get oil from Iraq to control world economics. US have no prove the Al-Qaeda's HQ is somewhere out there in Iraq. Seriously though, US should just go back home..  

iRepublic

egginaframe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:22 pm
We need to pull out of Iraq....at the right time. We need to clean up the mess that we made and then get out.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:48 am
Queen of the Highway
We need to pull out of Iraq....at the right time. We need to clean up the mess that we made and then get out.

I agree with you here. The war's coming to an end whether we win it or just retreat like we did from Vietnam. I say we win it on our terms.  

Garrett31212

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:58 am
This was posted on a shitload of blogs a few weeks ago:

http://www.zombietime.com/vi_day/

Victory in Iraq Day? Interesting...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:44 am
Quote:
Queen of the Highway Wrote:

I agree with you here. The war's coming to an end whether we win it or just retreat like we did from Vietnam. I say we win it on our terms.

Agreed.  

iRepublic

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:29 pm
They do make an excellent point. We have essentially already won.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games